• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Harusame

Interestingly enough the Oakridge EB games (Vancouver) only had one slot for the Majora Mask LE.

I went to the EBgames at Pitt Meadows and they had only four slots for the limited edition, unfortunately I was too late to pre-order one. They even said that if the boxes were smashed in during shipping and delivery, there was no way they could even get replacements.

I went to the EBgames at Pitt Meadows and they had only four slots for the limited edition, unfortunately I was too late to pre-order one. They even said that if the boxes were smashed in during shipping and delivery, there was no way they could even get replacements.

The Coquitlam EBgames also only had four slots. When Nintendo says Limited they mean it.

Um, genuine question here,

What's the appeal for Amiibos?

Please don't hit me.

*hits him*

Ooops. Sorry...missed that last part. Have you ever collected anything? There's an unexplained thrill of hunting things down, and having complete sets. Then there are always those people trying to hunt something down that could be worth a small fortune in the future. Here...take a look at this...

http://myfirstclasslife.com/10-transformers-optimus-prime-megatron-action-figurines-worth-900/

Many of the amiibos are very nice and they're packaged nicely also. My only issue as with any toy line is scale of some figures compared to others. But with a line like this...it'd be impossible to make them to scale.

*hits him*

Ooops. Sorry...missed that last part. Have you ever collected anything? There's an unexplained thrill of hunting things down, and having complete sets. Then there are always those people trying to hunt something down that could be worth a small fortune in the future. Here...take a look at this...

http://myfirstclasslife.com/10-transformers-optimus-prime-megatron-action-figurines-worth-900/

Many of the amiibos are very nice and they're packaged nicely also. My only issue as with any toy line is scale of some figures compared to others. But with a line like this...it'd be impossible to make them to scale.

Uhhhh I have that heman and battlecat. Not sealed but all the items.

Only took a month to fill 20% of this thread... #AmiiboEffect

We're off to a great start to 2015. Next thing you know all our Amiibo deals and discussions will delve into the underground world of amiibo trading which is all done under the table. Factions will be formed and blood will spill on the snow. We live in a post-Amiibo and Nintendo LE madness world.

I'm not looking forward to the enevitable FF Type-0 LE madness

stn

This thread has been dominated by this amiibo talk, lol. Dang. Anyone know of a good site to purchase XBox 360 arcade fight sticks from? I've seen some on Amazon but most of them are in the $200 range. Thanks.

The shitty canadian dollar means there are no actual deals to discuss anymore. I can't remember the last time a legit amazing deal took over this thread.

It's no amazing deal and YMMW, but I did pick up the Halo Origins bundle for the 360 on clearance at my local FS for $19.99. It comes with Halo Reach and Halo Anniversary Edition together.

I also price matched Halo Wars Platinum Hits Edition at FS with the price from Best Buy and got it for just over $15 after tax. The Platinum hits edition I believe includes the DLC.

khaaan

Question for anyone who's done "deliver to post-office" from Amazon.

I put an order through Amazon to ship to a post-office instead of my home. When I check online it said that the item should have arrive yesterday. When I checked the tracking it says that there has been an "arrival scan", does that mean it's at the post office now? Or will I get a sticky on my front door or something like that?

James31

Neo Member
Question for anyone who's done "deliver to post-office" from Amazon.

I put an order through Amazon to ship to a post-office instead of my home. When I check online it said that the item should have arrive yesterday. When I checked the tracking it says that there has been an "arrival scan", does that mean it's at the post office now? Or will I get a sticky on my front door or something like that?

i received an email once it was available for pickup. no note at the door.

mdubs

Banned
Dat amiibo price bump, now they cost $13.99 :(

Edit: nevermind I misremembered lol. Don't know why I thought they were $12.99 here

Part of me is really hoping that the charge on the Majora's LE is temporary.

why am i being charged now for something without a release date.

MesH

Uhhhh I have that heman and battlecat. Not sealed but all the items.

I am a collector, I collect Hot Toys, Enterbay, and Sideshow 1/6 scale figures, and have over 50, if you don't know look them up. I have collected and sold these and other various action figures through the years and the pricing they are claiming those are worth is well over ridiculous, and don't even show the actual G1 Optimus Prime, shows how well informed they are. I saw this and had a good laugh.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MoTu-HeMan-B...5172?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item58b76ed184

Less than 1000 USD, and that is ebay, which is always overpriced, and that is original sealed in original box.

Part of me is really hoping that the charge on the Majora's LE is temporary.

why am i being charged now for something without a release date.

That... That's weird. Where did you order it from? I've seen some places charge like... 10-15 cents before but charging the whole thing is new to me (unless you're NISA. God I hate ordering from them)

Sealtest

EB games put a hold on my card ( I'm hoping it's just a hold ) So im guessing thats where he ordered from.

Don't remember them doing this before they changed to the new website layout.

Stage On

Don't know if anyone really is interested but it looks like the new price for digmon all-star rumble is now $29.99 down from $39-$44

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00MIZJY02/ - xbox 360

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00MIZJXTY/ - ps3

Not the best in the digimon/rumble series but it's the scraps namco bandai decided to throw at us.

I'm waiting till $19.99 then i'll buy a xbox 360 copy and just keep it sealed to go with my open ps3 copy

I wouldn't bother with that game even at that Price. I rented it for free from the Library to try it out first before buying and played for a couple of hours and the game is so bad I feel like I was ripped off anyhow even thought I hadn't spent a cent.

This is coming from someone who's played many of the past Digimon games, but All star rumble is absolute crap. Frankly calling it scraps would be generous. I don't know what's worse the graphics looking like they belonged on the ps1 or the game play which is riddled with bad hit detection and extremely uneven difficulty not to mention how slow everything is to load, especially the text.

If I'm not mistaken, this company is the official sony repair center in Canada. I've sent many ps3's there. Prompt service, 8 day turn around on PS3 repairs at the time... Never bought a refurb from them tho...

This makes sense. The items available on their site does sate "Certified Refurb". Makes it a little more tempting to pick things up from them. I have a PS4 already, but have been eyeing up some other items. Thanks for your input.

stix zadinia

Neo Member
If I'm not mistaken, this company is the official sony repair center in Canada. I've sent many ps3's there. Prompt service, 8 day turn around on PS3 repairs at the time... Never bought a refurb from them tho...

Thats the place. My buddy used to work there. Got a couple of our friends a good deal on refurb PS4s. All of them work perfectly. Whoever wants to buy here shouldn't have any worries, its a good place.

Top Bottom