• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Reveirg

Gotta say this is the first time amazon.ca screwed me over. After a long chat with their customer support, they ended up giving 15$ credit as compensation for the Pit Amiibo cancellation.
Better than nothing, but considering Pit's price is now 50$+ everywhere, still kinda bad.

Anyone know if Pit Amiibo can be found at a decent price elsewhere?

EDIT: Scratch that, they gave me a 35$ credit so I could buy it from a 3rd-party seller =D

the3ye

Gotta say this is the first time amazon.ca screwed me over. After a long chat with their customer support, they ended up giving 15$ credit as compensation for the Pit Amiibo cancellation.
Better than nothing, but considering Pit's price is now 50$+ everywhere, still kinda bad.

Anyone know if Pit Amiibo can be found at a decent price elsewhere?
I should do it too
Before new year they sent me shipping date, today I got the cancelation email. Damn you Nintendo!

Reveirg

I should do it too
Before new year they sent me shipping date, today I got the cancelation email. Damn you Nintendo!

It took almost an hour and a half of calmly explaining the situation and speaking to 4 different customer service associates, but I actually got them to refund me the difference between Pit Amiibo's MSRP and a 3rd party reseller's price (35$ refund).

I was actually surprised it took them that long to accept, but I'm glad to see that amazon.ca has yet again come through.

isny

napkin dispenser
It took almost an hour and a half of calmly explaining the situation and speaking to 4 different customer service associates, but I actually got them to refund me the difference between Pit Amiibo's MSRP and a 3rd party reseller's price (35$ refund).

I was actually surprised it took them that long to accept, but I'm glad to see that amazon.ca has yet again come through.

Now the question is, are you actually going to buy one from a reseller or buy one from overseas for half the price? lol

Reveirg

Now the question is, are you actually going to buy one from a reseller or buy one from overseas for half the price? lol

They made me order one from a reseller before they'd send me the refund.

And anyway, even the overseas ones end up costing ~45 wih shipping and conversion, so it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I'm happy enough getting it at the normal price :p

Xenoflare

Just got my Nintendo game card case, I thought it's gonna take a month but it actually arrived after ordering it less than a week ago.

Renewed

Just got my Nintendo game card case, I thought it's gonna take a month but it actually arrived after ordering it less than a week ago.

Ordered mine back on December 22nd. Only got an email that it shipped on the 9th but no idea as to when to expect it. The only other thing I ever ordered was the Zelda 25th anniversary poster set.

zroid

Banned

was it the Pikmin or Zelda one? I ordered the Pikmin case on the day it was released and still hasn't even been shipped ugh..

the3ye

was it the Pikmin or Zelda one? I ordered the Pikmin case on the day it was released and still hasn't even been shipped ugh..

They sent me Zelda one last week. Pikmin one hasn't beed shipped yet though..
I got $5 from amazon as "a good will gesture". Good job...

Xenoflare

Ordered mine back on December 22nd. Only got an email that it shipped on the 9th but no idea as to when to expect it. The only other thing I ever ordered was the Zelda 25th anniversary poster set.

Zelda. The case is really sturdy, I really hope it will be always there on Nintendo rewards, IIRC the cases were not always available for redeeming.

Returners

Need to ask question about buying stuff off the US Apple Online Store.

Is it possible to do it with a canadian credit card? They don't take Canadian billing addresses.

zroid

Banned

Zelda. The case is really sturdy, I really hope it will be always there on Nintendo rewards, IIRC the cases were not always available for redeeming.

Thanks... I was starting to worry because I know people in the States have been getting their Pikmin cases already.

And yeah the cases are very nice. This Pikmin one will actually be my fourth!

kennah

Stop it guys... You'll make me get one, and it would burn all of my points. (why doesn't anyone stock generic 3ds game cases)

Xenoflare

Stop it guys... You'll make me get one, and it would burn all of my points. (why doesn't anyone stock generic 3ds game cases)

Well, my reasoning is that it's the only thing that I can find a good use for, it's build quality and design are much better than off the brand ones in stores like EB games.

My points are going to expire by June anyways, so better use it than lose it.

Pre-orders for Amiibo Wave 3 of are no longer available on BB and FS. I wonder if it's an error, kind of weird that they would all run out of stock on every model at the same time on both sites. I just hope that they did not close them because they realized that they might have let people pre-order too many.

Sweet Ivy

Customs-related suggestion anyone?
I've had a parcel that arrived at Mississauga Nov 25th... no news as of yet.
Canadapost won't help out because they actually have had nothing to do with it yet, of course.
A request for information was sent from the country of origin 2 weeks ago, and then another last week.
Is there any way I can get in touch with customs?

Or how long do I have to wait until they tell me they lost my parcel?
How could this have happened? No communication whatsoever on their part is quite annoying.

Tapejara

As it looks like we're not getting The Order 1886 Premium Edition, are we expecting Amazon to cancel orders? Or is it going to be like a Guilty Gear Xrd Sign scenario where Amazon is still able to sell it (I remember reading on GAF that Canada wasn't supposed to get a physical release of Guilty Gear due to the box art only having English text)?

Anyone jumping on the Sears.ca mattress deal? Lots of RFD sheep taking advantage of it. They must be dreaming if they think Sears will honour it. Getting a foundation instead of a complete set will be a nightmare to cancel/refund. I don't think it's worth losing sleep over.

SickBoy

Anyone jumping on the Sears.ca mattress deal? Lots of RFD sheep taking advantage of it. They must be dreaming if they think Sears will honour it. Getting a foundation instead of a complete set will be a nightmare to cancel/refund. I don't think it's worth losing sleep over.

Ha, I saw that. We could use a new mattress/bed (our IKEA bed is dying after 16 years of service), but at the same time, my confidence in Sears as an online retailer is near zero.

krae_man

Customs-related suggestion anyone?
I've had a parcel that arrived at Mississauga Nov 25th... no news as of yet.
Canadapost won't help out because they actually have had nothing to do with it yet, of course.
A request for information was sent from the country of origin 2 weeks ago, and then another last week.
Is there any way I can get in touch with customs?

Or how long do I have to wait until they tell me they lost my parcel?
How could this have happened? No communication whatsoever on their part is quite annoying.

Probably means the paperwork wasn't filled out properly. Try contacting the sender.

Futureshop is now including 1 year of PS+ with their TLOU bundles. Not sure if this is a permanent thing or limited offer.

Pretty good deal though. Essentially fixes the $449 price

Sealtest

As it looks like we're not getting The Order 1886 Premium Edition, are we expecting Amazon to cancel orders? Or is it going to be like a Guilty Gear Xrd Sign scenario where Amazon is still able to sell it (I remember reading on GAF that Canada wasn't supposed to get a physical release of Guilty Gear due to the box art only having English text)?

Nothing has been said yet, Videogamesplus has told me a few times they are trying to get some to sell in Canada, But for amazon they keep telling me they're looking into it and nothing ever happens.

a916

Just pulled the trigger on the Mayflash Gamecube Adapter for the WiiU... heard some promising things... will arrive in approx 2 weeks so I will update here if it works properly or not.

Also found that the Fox Amiibo went from temporarily out of stock to 2-4 weeks shipping. Not sure what that means though... ordered just in case.

(all from Amazon.ca)

Pre-orders for Amiibo Wave 3 of are no longer available on BB and FS. I wonder if it's an error, kind of weird that they would all run out of stock on every model at the same time on both sites. I just hope that they did not close them because they realized that they might have let people pre-order too many.

Amazon appears to have them all out of stock too. I pre-ordered every Amiibo (except Ike) just in case, and was planning to cancel as it got closer to release, but now I may just hang onto them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've done all my Amiibo pre-orders through Amazon so far. Wave 1 came quickly with no issue. Wave 2 didn't ship right away, so I ended up buying from retail and cancelling those orders. I have Wave 3 pre-ordered on Amazon as well, but if I can find them on launch day, I'd rather choose a figure with the fewest imperfections at retail.

Tapejara

Nothing has been said yet, Videogamesplus has told me a few times they are trying to get some to sell in Canada, But for amazon they keep telling me they're looking into it and nothing ever happens.

Yeah, I wish we'd get an answer soon. Need to know if I should keep my CE order.

chrono01

There will be no preorder. But it says available Feb 6. Expect the site to crash that day
Honestly, it's things like this that make me want to cancel all of my Wave 3 pre-orders and be content with Wave 1/2.

Retailer-exclusive Amiibo is bad enough, but knowing how limited/rare they will be at each location [and the purchasing-frenzy that will accompany them], it makes me feel ill.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've done all my Amiibo pre-orders through Amazon so far. Wave 1 came quickly with no issue. Wave 2 didn't ship right away, so I ended up buying from retail and cancelling those orders. I have Wave 3 pre-ordered on Amazon as well, but if I can find them on launch day, I'd rather choose a figure with the fewest imperfections at retail.
Do me a favour and get me King Dedede and Ike as well as a set of the exclusive Amiibo (minus Meta Knight) on launch day. Thanks and I'm counting on you. :)

Sealtest

I dunno... Nintendo has been pretty good with this, only increasing games by $5. I'd hope its maybe $209, or $219.

Also a wii u bundle is $50 more, No way nintendo would make the 3ds that close to the wii u price.

Xenoflare

New 3DS XL is all but confirmed to be $249.99 here.

Watch them not update the price when the CAD improves.

:'(

Source?

The most I would pay for a regular new 3DS is $200. Or else I'm just gonna wait for a bundle then

A $50 increase on the XL makes it a markup that exceeds 20%, I find that to be a bit unbelievable.

But this sucks balls if true

Edit: are the regular new 3ds even coming?

Oxymoron

Periodic reminder: Best Buy and Futureshop are the same company, sharing the same backend, supply chain, and inventory. There's nothing weird about them running out of stock at the same time.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
New 3DS XL is all but confirmed to be $249.99 here.

Watch them not update the price when the CAD improves.

:'(

This is so absurd that I actually believe it. You can buy a new Wii U for that these days.

Xenoflare

Periodic reminder: Best Buy and Futureshop are the same company, sharing the same backend, supply chain, and inventory. There's nothing weird about them running out of stock at the same time.

Yep, they very often (if not all the time) shares the same sales alongside one another

I know that. However, they usually don't share stocks alloted to their websites(maybe it's different for Amiibo preorders). It's common to see something out of stock at one and in stock for days at the other one (or different numbers of preorders left available). What makes it weird is that they closed all preorders at the same time, making me feel like they might have oversold on some. Items usually go out of stock one by one, not all at the same time. This is why I am curious about the reason they did it.

Yep, they very often (if not all the time) shares the same sales alongside one another

Their gift cards are also interchangeable online, which is great.

Xenoflare

I agree with you, but that being said, it's not like publishers seem to care much about what pricing model makes sense for Canadian consumers.

I mean I know we are slowly getting shafted but a $250 XL is just way too absurd. A $20 increase seems "reasonable" but $50 on a $200 item? That's just....ugh.

Top Bottom