• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
229$ is just too much to be honest.

I know the CA$ is for shit, but I'll be waiting for a sale or see what's the trade-in program at EB

Lexxism

229$ is just too much to be honest.

I know the CA$ is for shit, but I'll be waiting for a sale or see what's the trade-in program at EB

Yeah, I might do the same or I'll save this damn money for their next handheld. It's not like I'm going to miss a lot of games. Xenoblade 3DS is shit anyway

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I managed to grab the N3DS XL Majora's Mask Edition from EBGames.

I wanted the Regular N3DS but oh well.

zroid

Banned
The thing that always bugged me about LE hardware is it forced you to commit to a design. That's why I usually just stuck to my plain colours since I dunno if I wanted to sport a Zelda logo on my 3DS a few years down the road.

The n3DS cover plates were really the perfect solution to that problem for me. Welp.

$80 for 3DS
$100 for 3DS XL
Trade 5 (with value >= $8) get $100 toward

Those are on the Canadian website.

Does the New 3DS come with a power adapter in US? Presumably you'll have to trade in the power adapter along with your 3DS?

Actually what do you need for trading in a 3DS, SD Card, adapter, stylus?

CRA5H

If faceplates were XL compatible, there wouldn't be such a dilemma over these exclusives. Gaddamn Nintendo, 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Does the New 3DS come with a power adapter in US? Presumably you'll have to trade in the power adapter along with your 3DS?

Actually what do you need for trading in a 3DS, SD Card, adapter, stylus?

I was curious about this too. Before today, I would almost 100% assume you need to trade your AC adapter with your 3DS. Now, I'm not so sure. I can't imagine you need to give up the SD card.

Preordered my Monster Hunter n3DS XL :) I thought they weren't going to release it in NA and I was sad. So hyped to hear they released it here. Wish I could buy it from an indie store but... Take what I can get I suppose.

CRA5H

I missed out on buying MH4 during the E3 deal so getting it pre-installed for an extra $30 seems to be a decent deal and the MH4 edition looks solid. Doesn't look tacky and has a good finished look to it.

Now I have a month to decide whether to keep the MM edition or not.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
shelf space also probably. retailers hate bigger boxes.

If this was their concern they should have offered a limited Ambassador program as the only way to pick up a regular sized N3DS. It would have appeased the people most wanting that size / face plates (ie; their fans) and allowed them to not over burden retailers with unsold N3DS on the shelves. Or even just sell them directly through their site to avoid retail hassle. Alas.

is there a digital copy of MM included with the MM 3dsxl?

No, hence the reason it's the same price as the regular N3DS XLs.

lilty

So, do we know if we're getting a charging cradle for the New XL?

Gonna go pre-order the regular black edition today. Was hoping for a Zelda model, but the one they announced looks pretty bad imo.

CRA5H

So if the adapters from the DSi are compatible for the new 3ds as well, why on earth is the Official Nintendo 3DS Adapter $5 more than the Official Nintendo DSi Adapter? (14.99 as opposed to 19.99)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, do we know if we're getting a charging cradle for the New XL?

Gonna go pre-order the regular black edition today. Was hoping for a Zelda model, but the one they announced looks pretty bad imo.

I don't know, I really enjoy the airbrushed look.

i8x9jqpnbmlg8iajxa4s.jpg

Looks like I am going to EB Games at lunch to pre-order the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL.

They opened preorders at 11am EST and have taken 2 pre-orders so far. No allocation or cutoff so they will likely have a decent supply.

Top Bottom