• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

I must admit this made me laugh :)

egaZFpf.jpg

This is by far the strangest post you've ever made on this forum

I don't make strange posts. What are you talking about Zroid?

I've had a cheese phobia for my entire life. I don't know why, but I cannot bring myself to eat it. I made the mistake of telling kids at school that it grossed me out, so they'd throw it at me.

MOVIE DEAL

half price Scene ticket redemptions today only

ie regular tickets for 500 pts, VIP tickets for 1000 pts

It's awfully tempting, but I already saw The Nice Guys and Neighbors 2 and there's not much else I'd want to go see.

I don't make strange posts. What are you talking about Zroid?

I've had a cheese phobia for my entire life. I don't know why, but I cannot bring myself to eat it. I made the mistake of telling kids at school that it grossed me out, so they'd throw it at me.

Cheeseless is always an option.

Ended up selling my Pokemon Red and Blue N3DS today. Someone drove about 45 minutes from a city suburb to meet me, and I drove about 30 minutes myself (especially thanks to detours). He really wanted it because it was rare.

I sold it and the case I got for $8 for $300, which wasn't greedy. I paid about $285 or just over that. I asked him to meet me at a branch of his bank or ATM, so that I could make sure the money was legitimate, but he misunderstood. He met me at a bank, then pulled the cash out of his pocket. I'm paranoid about counterfeit.

Then I went to Best Buy, almost bought a TV but decided against it at the last minute. I think I can still get a few more months out of mine, but the Vizio M series was awfully tempting on sale. The guy probably hated me, because I said I'd buy it then got cold feet due to the price.

I meant to buy a Nintendo currency card to buy the Pokemon Red and Blue games on my XL, but forgot. I want to buy both, but assume the cards are only $20/$50 (I never buy them and forgot to look). And the Pokemon games are $9.99 US, so $13.10 CAD plus tax.

Cheeseless is always an option.

This reminds me of that episode of Always Sunny where Charlie says he's never eaten fruit.

I don't eat cold meat, so I won't eat pepperoni. I don't like anchovies or certain other pizza toppings. So it'd make no sense to order pizza for me. I'd eat the green peppers, lol

I know, I'm weird. I've just never had interest in eating it and it grosses me out.

Huh?

They just sent out emails about it being 1/2 price Scene Points Day this morning. I got one, and my Mom got one too. I checked.

There's also the Gift Card one, which I think runs into the end of June. It's well worth it.

well i have enough points but im not getting any option to use it on the site

The CSR wouldn't stop hounding me about the Geek Squad protection plan, and lost a sale partially because of it.

I was going to go to 2001, because I like them better, but they were closed.

I forgot about Best Buy employees being on commission. The CSR wouldn't stop hounding me about the Geek Squad protection plan, and lost a sale partially because of it.

I was going to go to 2001, because I like them better, but they were closed.

best buy employees arent on commision, future shop employees were

Future Shop once talked my Mom and I into buying an extended warranty for my old 20gb iPod when we bought it as my Christmas present one year. She paid about $80 extra for the warranty.

Then, when something went wrong with it, we had to yell at them to give us a new one. Why? It turned out that, TWO DAYS BEFORE WE BOUGHT IT, Apple had asked them to send all defective units to them for repair or something. So they didn't want to honour it.

They must have a quota or something? They push their warranty crap like crazy.

He would not shut up about it. I said no, then he kept going on.

"I know you said no, but what price would you do it at?"

"I don't know. I don't really think I'll bother."

"I can do $80."

"No."

"Why?"

"Budgetary reasons."

"Are you sure, because it covers everything....?"

sikkinixx

He would not shut up about it. I said no, then he kept going on.

yeah I asked them about a price on a TV

"hold on, I'll check" comes back and tells me he can get me $100 off the TV if I buy the $300 warranty.

So... basically you'll charge me $200 for the warranty then?

"No no, the warranty is $300, I'm giving you $100 off the TV! Great deal since it's already on sale"

"hold on, I'll check" comes back and tells me he can get me $100 off the TV if I buy the $300 warranty.

"No no, the warranty is $300, I'm giving you $100 off the TV! Great deal since it's already on sale"

Hahaha. What a fucking joke.

iLLmAtlc

Those extended warranties are one of the main reasons I hate shopping in stores. They're under a lot of pressure to deliver those so I get it, but it's still unpleasant.

Chewie's experience is par for the course too. they misrepresent the warranties and turns out when you need a new one it's not that easy.

N° 2048

I don't know how I feel about those extended warranties.

I paid like $150 for 3 years and my TV actually broke. They didn't make the TV model anymore so Best Buy literally let me walk out with ANY TV under $800.

I had paid like $500 for the TV + $150 in warranty.

That is the best profit deal money can buy!

RS4-

I don't know how I feel about those extended warranties.

I paid like $150 for 3 years and my TV actually broke. They didn't make the TV model anymore so Best Buy literally let me walk about with ANY TV under $800.

I had paid like $500 for the TV + $150 in warranty.

Yeah seriously, it's just ymmv on these things. Your tv breaks and you didn't buy warranty, you feel like a chump.
Buy warranty, tv doesn't break, feel like a chump.

Past

I didn't know Song of The Deep was published by EB Games/GameStop, no wonder they keep pushing me to pre-order to game every time I go there. One of the employee told me that if I like platform games from Insomiac then I will absolutely love this game since it's made by the same developers, but then I google the game and it doesn't even look like a platformer?

F4r0_Atak

They must have a quota or something? They push their warranty crap like crazy.

If it is anything like EB Games... it has to be.

I didn't know Song of The Deep was published by EB Games/GameStop, no wonder they keep pushing me to pre-order to game every time I go there. One of the employee told me that if I like platform games from Insomiac then I will absolutely love this game since it's made by the same developers, but then I google the game and it doesn't even look like a platformer?

Yeah... we've been more or less pressured to push the pre-orders of Song of The Deep, since it will be among the first titles to be published by EB Games/Gamestop. Also, whenever I hear one of my colleagues trying to sell the game as a platformer, I laughed a little bit inside of me. It is basically a Metroidvania type of game without the fun and challenge of the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom