• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Yeah seriously, it's just ymmv on these things. Your tv breaks and you didn't buy warranty, you feel like a chump.
Buy warranty, tv doesn't break, feel like a chump.
Visions (not sure if it exists outside BC) is pretty nice in that if you don't need to use your extended warranty you can apply the cost of it as credit towards a purchase once it's done.

http://www.visions.ca/pages/moneybackextendedserviceplans/default.aspx

They also beat prices by 15% of the difference instead of 10%.

There's quite a few Pokemon Red and Blue N3DS systems on Ebay for $390-451 or so, but they're obviously not selling. I think $300 was fine, as I wasn't looking to scalp it anyways. I'd planned to use it, but decided spending $300 for something just based on OCD would be stupid.

Firestorm

If you're a collector go for it but the launch guides are usually awful for Pokemon and they release a "Complete Pokedex" edition later which is still awful in that it doesn't give you the actual stat numbers on anything -.-

Skikkiks

I bought the Black 2/ White 2 guide at launch with the game and it was trash.

The GOAT Pokémon guide was the Versus Crystal one with the poster. Loved that shit to pieces, literally.

RS4-

Visions (not sure if it exists outside BC) is pretty nice in that if you don't need to use your extended warranty you can apply the cost of it as credit towards a purchase once it's done.

http://www.visions.ca/pages/moneybackextendedserviceplans/default.aspx

They also beat prices by 15% of the difference instead of 10%.

I miss visions, I wish it was down here in Ontario.

and re: that Dominos deal, even better when it's 50% off mon-wed, at least for my local one.

I do miss the days when Domino's had a personal sized pizza + cheesy bread + pop for $5 lol.

Went to Mucho Burrito and bought a Hot as Hell Ghost Pepper burrito, as well as two milks.

Used up my milks, got 80% through the burrito, and now I feel like um gon dye D:

Fucking worth it though, since it tasted good

EDIT: Nvm, not worth it. Feeling very gross

either around 9.99 or 14.99, as far as "sense" in buying more than one, there isn't if you have a friend with any of the ones you don't.

They are $9.99 USD but I've never bought off the eShop so I don't know if it converts to CAD or stays the same.

There aren't many mahor structural differences are there? Mostly just different Pokemon? I'm not going to try to catch em all.

They are $9.99 USD but I've never bought off the eShop so I don't know if it converts to CAD or stays the same.

There aren't many major structural differences are there? Mostly just different Pokemon? I'm not going to try to catch em all.
Red and blue are just minor pokemon availability, yellow has a loose anime tie so you start with a pikachu that can never evolve and you can't ever find another wild one either.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

They are $12.49 here, you also have to pay tax on top of that.

Have you guys noticed how the Nintendo Canada website ever since the redesign just dropped the search bar? As in, the US website has a search bar to make it easier to buy eShop games online while the Canadian site just...doesn't have anything. Nintendo is now region-locking website features!
/s No, but seriously, it is a pain in the ass to navigate the new website.

Red and blue are just minor pokemon availability, yellow has a loose anime tie so you start with a pikachu that can never evolve and you can't ever find another wild one either.

They are $12.49 here, you also have to pay tax on top of that.

Have you guys noticed how the Nintendo Canada website ever since the redesign just dropped the search bar? As in, the US website has a search bar to make it easier to buy eShop games online while the Canadian site just...doesn't have anything. Nintendo is now region-locking website features!
/s No, but seriously, it is a pain in the ass to navigate the new website.

Thanks

I guess I will just get Red, which I grew up with, or Blue, which I never owned.

Sucks that I have to buy a $20 card for $15 though.

Nintendo accepts debit Visa.

Ah, I don't have that.

It's kind of irrelevant which one you get since the 3DS versions have online trading. But here's a list of Pokemon in each.

Just because. I prefer
Green
but it honestly doesn't matter.

Thanks

I looked up IGN's wiki earlier and it doesn't seem to matter which one I go with. I may just go with Red for nostalgia's sake, or Blue because it's something new I can add to my beaten games list.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can confirm that Beat Buy is giving $15 for Codename STEAM trade-in still. I suspect this won't last past start of business Tuesday.

Thanks for sharing this. I was planning on getting Bloodborne with this (by PMing EB and using the trade-in gift card) but I decided to just keep it for a future title. With Overwatch coming tomorrow there's no way I'm gonna play anything else in a while.

Anyone know where in Toronto I can find Wii Point cards? I tried many places including Shoppers where I thought I saw them not that long ago, but alas, nada. :(

I just bought Hitman Go, a cross buy game, twice asfld;jaklfjljsafd. Accidentally forgot that I added the ps3 version to my cart when I went back to buy the ps4 version alfa;sfjasfdlkj

I just bought Hitman Go, a cross buy game, twice asfld;jaklfjljsafd. Accidentally forgot that I added the ps3 version to my cart when I went back to buy the ps4 version alfa;sfjasfdlkj
Is go cross buy? I didn't see anything about that on its store page, is it on vita too? That's where I'd rather play it.

im a rogers mobile user but my contracts nearly up and want a much cheaper carrier, any suggestions, i use data but not tons, hardly make that many phonecalls, mostly texts.

oh and where should i get it unlocked too? 3rd party? rogers?

im a rogers mobile user but my contracts nearly up and want a much cheaper carrier, any suggestions, i use data but not tons, hardly make that many phonecalls, mostly texts.

oh and where should i get it unlocked too? 3rd party? rogers?
As far as unlocking goes call rogers, get a quote or go to cellunlocker.net(?) get their quote and then call rogers to see if they'll do it cheaper.

DayEnder

Yeah. I'm always conflicted.

I want the warranty, but it's so expensive.

Yeah seriously, it's just ymmv on these things. Your tv breaks and you didn't buy warranty, you feel like a chump.
Buy warranty, tv doesn't break, feel like a chump.

Lots of TVs have 3-5 year manufacturer warranty and if you pay for it with a credit card (double check yours has this feature) it will double the warranty, up to a maximum of 1 year. I always use that rather than paying for the expensive store warranty.

Google

Guys,

Just bought a new house in White Rock/South Surrey area (Morgan Creek) and need to get internet set up.

I've had telus for the last few years and been relatively happy with it but it's incredibly expensive for a fairly moderate speed (15MB down) with a fairly average TV lineup (no movies or special subscription channels) and costs around $140 a month...

What are my options in this new place? Should I be calling Telus/Shaw/whoever are bargaining with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom