• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
jeez, that's pretty messed up. sorry, man...

when did you order? i ordered june 16, & just now got notified my copy's on it's way (arriving thursday, for whatever reason)...

I had it pre-ordered when it was announced. I was thinking I should save my money and play GR1 first (of which I own a physical copy) but then I saw reviews for GR2 and ordered it on launch day again, taking advantage of the 20% Prime discount.

I got a $5 gift card in my email now because of the order status, won't be charged until March (it could be discounted by the time it ships too), and will probably have played GR1 to completion by then.

Honestly, not a bad thing. Just funny how it appears they're severely short-supplied on the physical copy.

mamoui

All of you with your RE7 from Amazon, did you pre-order it at last E3? If so, did you get it at 49$ + 20% E3 Rebate?

A little late for a reply, but i guess it's because of some weird math from Amazon.
They finaly shipped my gravity rush, but when they calculate the 20%, they are off by a few dollars (20% of 80$ = 13.82 instead of 16$)
But the 20% off is correct for the whole order (64$ for 4 game at 80$ and south park at 50$)
So the game at 50$ lost the 20% off, but the 20% off the other game is still divided on the 5 games.
I guess i'll know for sure when they ship south park (sometime in april if i'm lucky!).

FN-2187

did netflix canada always have the lotr and bttf trilogy?

I think they have had LOTR for awhile. Oddly, they have the extended versions of Towers and Return of the King, but the theatrical version of Fellowship. I prefer the theatrical version of Fellowship, but it's still odd.

Big Chungus

I dont get canada post shipping sometimes....

It takes 1 day to reach my destination halfway...then it takes 2-3 days to reach me after that...

NYR

I dont get canada post shipping sometimes....

It takes 1 day to reach my destination halfway...then it takes 2-3 days to reach me after that...
I used to think that too. I did some research and once you get an appreciation of what happens at your local facility, you begin to realize what actually is happening and how much work is going on 24/7 in these places, it really is amazing what happens and how they organize packages for delivery.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKhkFJiAD4

Also reminds me of that Louis CK skit about how everything is amazing and nobody is happy 😊:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q8LaT5Iiwo4

Saprol

Amazon said:
Arriving tomorrow by 8pm
Being shipped soon
No tracking details.
😬

My Yakuza 0 order's already past the projected 20th delivery. I just want a preorder to actually show up on release date.

23qwerty

Ooh Dragon Quest Builders finally on sale at Amazon, only $20 off but that's all I wanted

Ah must be matching EBGames or something cause it's $60 there too

Welp I've gone from Shipping the 27th, to shipping today to "we have your order" (and back to shipping the 27th) for KH2.8 LE.

Amazon's lack of communication is so freaking frustrating.

Jinto

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 arrived today. I was planning on returning it, but I wonder if it would be more beneficial to trade it in towards the Switch using the 2x trade in credit promo.

I paid $60 for it, so the EB trade in value has gotta be more than $30 for a game that just released, right?

Welp I've gone from Shipping the 27th, to shipping today to "we have your order" (and back to shipping the 27th) for KH2.8 LE.

Amazon's lack of communication is so freaking frustrating.

They're communicating to you just fine. They're saying: "We have your order."

As in: "You don't have your order." or "You're probably not getting your order anytime soon lol"

jokes aside though, I haven't actually had any issues with getting orders (relatively) on time ever since I prodded them nonstop to get my FE: Fates special edition to ship.

Tiktaalik

I don't really buy that many games, and I don't necessarily always buy games day one either, so up to this point I'd been fairly satisfied with occasionally buying a full priced game in store, and making that up with deals on other games I'd buy for significant discount after a few months. It was nice to not have to worry about shipping issues.

Now however I feel like it's getting really unreliable to even buy games in store. I went out to buy Gravity Rush 2 and DQ8 on their launch day last week, and when I got to Best Buy after work they were sold out. They must have had an incredibly low shipment. Earlier this year I went to buy Dragon Quest: Builders and they simply weren't even stocking it and told me to order it online. I figure if Best Buy is seemingly getting out of retail I might as well too. The Best Buy at Cambie St in Vancouver has renovated their whole store and the result is that they've almost entirely gotten rid of their games section.

So I'm thinking about getting Amazon Prime for that 20% discount on new releases. I really don't use Amazon for all that much, and so it would have to be game buying that would make it worth while. I wouldn't have to buy too many games to make up for the Amazon Prime price though. I get the feeling a lot of people here make use of this program. Any complaints? Should I do it and go all Amazon?

EDIT:
*Looks at last page of thread*
Sooo sometimes Amazon is late...

Kiro

Everyone that is getting GR2 in 1-2 months should add each other as friends. God knows we will be the only ones playing and unable to do the online stuff without each other lol.

Maximus.

So I'm thinking about getting Amazon Prime for that 20% discount on new releases. I really don't use Amazon for all that much, and so it would have to be game buying that would make it worth while. I wouldn't have to buy too many games to make up for the Amazon Prime price though. I get the feeling a lot of people here make use of this program. Any complaints? Should I do it and go all Amazon?

EDIT:
*Looks at last page of thread*
Sooo sometimes Amazon is late...

Personally, I don't have issues with Amazon. With Prime, I have never had an issue. With free shipping, Amazon holds shipments back by about a week.

With that said, a lot of people here needlessly complain and I am sure some people have legit issues, but honestly Amazon is a good way to go if you want a discount on release and fast shipping. The amount of "complaints" from people about longer free shipping estimates and times is silly when everyone should have seen the constant stream of warnings from people familiar with Amazon shipping. I guess people like to complain though. Anyways, I guess it all depends where you live and what not. Best Buy shipping has always been reliable for me as well.

Sora_N

Everyone that is getting GR2 in 1-2 months should add each other as friends. God knows we will be the only ones playing and unable to do the online stuff without each other lol.

Dunno about 2 months but I'll get it eventually. Most likely before the end of the year.

Luigi87

Huh, I just realized Amazon charged me $79.09 for GR2, when (in Ontario + Prime) I should only have been charged $72.31.

Edit: Also see they overcharged me a few dollars back in October for World of Final Fantasy in that same order... Didn't notice until now. They overcharged me a total of $10.85 for my whole order... Guess I'll contact them after work.

SWITCH ACCESSORY ALERT
Just got an email from Best Buy that they're opening up pre-orders for Switch Accessories at 3PM EST/ 12PM PST.

Maybe that means they'll put the pro controller up for sale?

then again, there is no pro-controller in the image

A2jh6UUHbZEUD_ZP4JoT73ffCBHyGx6vnuzDxheqj4Oe0zWlk0AmGxwYkaPRl6FmkDN46MCyYHb1oqyBM3Mf6E1-kVFJ503E4K-Hm7ikqpx-YcBFCVamey2M=s0-d-e1-ft

big_z

All of you with your RE7 from Amazon, did you pre-order it at last E3? If so, did you get it at 49$ + 20% E3 Rebate?

is the 20% rebate supposed to be applied? how can you tell if its applied or not to a specific game? I have a few other games in my list and the total amount deducted to the entire order is less than 20%

I know battlefield 1 was excluded and I cancelled 4 games due to shit shipping speed but even with the remaining ones it doesn't add up correctly.

Yup, pre-ordered last e3.. And no, it is only 49$.

Mine says shipping Feb 4th! :( with Prime.

Yakuza 0 to be delivered by 8pm tomorrow.

RE7 says feb 3rd for me now. Might just cancel it if the e3 promo isn't applied. Amazon canada does not deserve any business

jokkir

SWITCH ACCESSORY ALERT
Just got an email from Best Buy that they're opening up pre-orders for Switch Accessories at 3PM EST/ 12PM PST.

Maybe that means they'll put the pro controller up for sale?

then again, there is no pro-controller in the image

A2jh6UUHbZEUD_ZP4JoT73ffCBHyGx6vnuzDxheqj4Oe0zWlk0AmGxwYkaPRl6FmkDN46MCyYHb1oqyBM3Mf6E1-kVFJ503E4K-Hm7ikqpx-YcBFCVamey2M=s0-d-e1-ft

Man, where's the Switch preorders. I want to use these gift cards I got during the holidays and cant use it (dont need games cause I'm on Prime)

eyesradar

I remember last year here was a $49.99 pre-order promo going on during e3 period for FFXV, BF1 and TF2 so that's prolly why the e3 promo wasn't applied.

is the 20% rebate supposed to be applied? how can you tell if its applied or not to a specific game? I have a few other games in my list and the total amount deducted to the entire order is less than 20%

I know battlefield 1 was excluded and I cancelled 4 games due to shit shipping speed but even with the remaining ones it doesn't add up correctly.

RE7 says feb 3rd for me now. Might just cancel it if the e3 promo isn't applied. Amazon canada does not deserve any business

I ordered my RE7 in June of 2016 and can see from the email invoice they sent me that the 20% was applied and the total appeared to be $47

Maybe they'll have restock of Switch?

:(

Possible as something is going on. Search for the Console and you can't find them anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy is designing a dedicated Section on their website for everything repeated to the Nintendo Switch.

think I read on another thread that the Pro Controller just got certified by the FCC or whoever so maybe those will be up for pre-order as well.

Vinc

Based intelcom who delivered already in such poor weather conditions(Montreal).

They could never make it to my place on clear, sunny days back in JUNE for me... yet they can deliver packages on today's ice rink? Damn. Maybe I should give them another chance.

kennah

That bad there today? I'm closer to Quebec City and it seems really clear, but I'm kinda confused that my kid's school called a Snow Day today.

Vinc

That bad there today? I'm closer to Quebec City and it seems really clear, but I'm kinda confused that my kid's school called a Snow Day today.

Every street is covered in ice and they poured absolutely zero salt, so everyone's walking like penguins pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom