• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRA5H

$90 for a "pro" controller ffs.

Still preordered it. Damnit.

This better be the best feeling controller in ages when I check it out on Sunday.

I don't think I will ever be taking those Joy-Cons off the Switch. Pro at Home and just keep the whole thing together on the road.

poodpick

Walmart still shipped my copy of RE7 even though I kept bugging them to cancel it. Not a big deal but they must be losing money by shipping stuff to people that just want to cancel their orders

Walmart still shipped my copy of RE7 even though I kept bugging them to cancel it. Not a big deal but they must be losing money by shipping stuff to people that just want to cancel their orders

They actually cancelled my Ghost Recon: Wildlands order after several months of me asking them. I was shocked.

SickBoy

Pro controller is nice and all, but I have no intention of buying one.

I did just fine with the Wii U without its pro controller, though I had a few opportunities to use one and found it to be really well made.

Firestorm

Until I started a trial of Amazon Prime ~5 months ago, every game I bought. I value getting a game right away more than saving a few bucks. When Amazon delayed GR2 I just canceled and bought it on PSN.
People say this all the time but unless you didn't live in Canada you've been able to save 20% to 33% on just about any game on release day...

I think last game I paid full price for was $54.99 for Tales of Zestiria on Steam which was cheaper than the PS4 version because Steam did the conversion very favourably.

Pro controller is nice and all, but I have no intention of buying one.

I did just fine with the Wii U without its pro controller, though I had a few opportunities to use one and found it to be really well made.

U gamepad was unplayable for me. So many missed jumps in mario 3d I blamed the game at first.

Pro controller was 10/10 tier quality. What a huge difference.

leburn98

Not sure why people are having Amazon shipping issues.Can't say I've ever had a shipping issue that was Amazon's fault. I had the post office worker forget to leave a pickup card in my mailbox once. As for recent stuff, I received both Yakuza 0 and RE7 yesterday morning. Unfortunately I don't have the time to play anything until the weekend :(

People say this all the time but unless you didn't live in Canada you've been able to save 20% to 33% on just about any game on release day...

I think last game I paid full price for was $54.99 for Tales of Zestiria on Steam which was cheaper than the PS4 version because Steam did the conversion very favourably.

I haven't paid full price for a game in like 6 years. E3 preorder sales at Futureshop (RIP), Best Buy and Amazon have been a blessing, especially with our ever changing dollar.

Oneself

Not sure why people are having Amazon shipping issues.Can't say I've ever had a shipping issue that was Amazon's fault. I had the post office worker forget to leave a pickup card in my mailbox once. As for recent stuff, I received both Yakuza 0 and RE7 yesterday morning. Unfortunately I don't have to time to play anything until the weekend :(
Never had a problem with amazon.ca before, it started to happen during 2016.
They still offer extremely good support though refunding shipping charges when they're late, giving me 5$ gift cards as well. It's just stupid that some people get it on time and some don't for no reason.

c-murph

Not sure why people are having Amazon shipping issues.Can't say I've ever had a shipping issue that was Amazon's fault. I had the post office worker forget to leave a pickup card in my mailbox once. As for recent stuff, I received both Yakuza 0 and RE7 yesterday morning. Unfortunately I don't have to time to play anything until the weekend :(

People complain about it all the time but I've never had issues. Most seem to complain about their shipping dates and that the game didn't ship on release. For that I say, go play something else. I'm sure everyone here has a backlog that'll never be completed in your life time.

Oneself

People complain about it all the time but I've never had issues. Most seem to complain about their shipping dates and that the game didn't ship on release. For that I say, go play something else. I'm sure everyone here has a backlog that'll never be completed in your life time.
I wouldn't care about it if I wasn't paying for priority/express/1day shipping.

It's a matter of principle. I do have a huge backlog. I'm still playing ROTTR, have yet to complete Dishonored2, Titanfall2 and hundreds of others / indies.

N° 2048

Uhh if I pay for Prime I expect them to give me the service I paid for.

lol @ 'go play something else'

leburn98

Yah I wonder if the later shipping dates are a result of late preorders. For what it's worth, I am a firm believer of pre-order everything and sort it out prior to release. During E3,I preorder everything I may have even a mild interest in the moment that the game is announced.

I wouldn't care about it if I wasn't paying for priority/express/1day shipping.

It's a matter of principle. I do have a huge backlog. I'm still playing ROTTR, have yet to complete Dishonored2, Titanfall2 and hundreds of others / indies.

Yah agree completely.

What a needlessly antagonistic viewpoint.

People pay for Prime for many reasons, two of the main ones being 2-Day (Release Day) Shipping and Prime Video Game Discounts.

If a person buys a game through Amazon and it says "Get this item on the day it releases, January 20th, 2017" under their shipping option, you better be damn sure that's what they're going to expect, it's what they're paying for.

It also doesn't do anyone any good if your only argument is "Go play something else" - it effects everything, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't enjoy it if YOUR only option was to just not get any/all games you preorder.

I mean, if you don't get them on release, may as well go play something else right? Not like you wanted that specific game or anything.

Firestorm

People say this all the time and I find it so stupid. I get a lot of enjoyment from talking about media -- especially games, but also tv / movies / books -- with my friends. I'm much more motivated to play something and enjoy something more if I'm doing it when everyone else is, which is usually Day 1.

If you aren't someone who games socially, fine. Buy your games a year later. But don't whine about others who enjoy games differently from you.

Well pass it along to a Canadian gafer if you don't. I've got the game on order (CDN$ 39.49 after taxes) so it'll be interesting to see how it plays.

the invite is tied to your account. however, you can invite 3 friends to play the beta, but they need to be on your friends list.

edit: for PC that is, i have no idea how it works on consoles

Luigi87

Currently talking to an Amazon CSR who isn't cluing that my only getting 12.5% off of Gravity Rush 2 instead of 20% off isn't right.

I miss the CSR I got the last two times. She was extremely helpful. >_<

Edit: Alright, CSR escalated it so now I just need to wait.
It's $6, but it's my $6 dangit!

Also while the Pro controller would be nice, I think I'll be fine with the Joycon + Grip for the time being.

Sealtest

Has Best Buy put up the switch accessories yet? I thought they went live at 3pm est.

Edit - Also looks like Amazon.ca sold out of the pro controller.

hiim_haz

Banned
I'm including the pro controller as a must-have peripheral.

It's not a must have for me -- JoyCon + Grip would suffice for most new games. The only reason I'm getting one is because I hate playing 2D games with an analog stick. So all those indie 2D side scroller type games I want, I'd rather have a dpad but I could live without it.

aechris

I've always had great luck with Amazon but today they fucked up Yakuza 0.

SO excited to come home and play, but it's not here. Says it should be, but it's not. Contacted support and they say it'll be here tomorrow.

Fine, I'll deal with it, but with Prime I should be able to expect day one delivery if that's part of the benefits of paying for Prime. :(

N° 2048

Anyone want my For Honor PS4 Closed Beta key?

Not a chance in hell I will have time to play with GR2 and the new Overwatch event + still playing Dark Souls 3.
First to reply gets it ^^

EDIT: Gone.

theRizzle

Not sure why people are having Amazon shipping issues.Can't say I've ever had a shipping issue that was Amazon's fault. I had the post office worker forget to leave a pickup card in my mailbox once. As for recent stuff, I received both Yakuza 0 and RE7 yesterday morning. Unfortunately I don't have the time to play anything until the weekend :(

My Yakuza 0 said it was delivered 20 minutes ago. The mailman came but there was no Yakuza game there. Wheeeeeeeeeeee

Hedgey

tyuVt.png

Sealtest

I'm mostly hoping to grab a pro controller but if I can't I'll probably get a joy-con charge controller.

I've have $30 on a gift card I've been saving to use for this exact purpose.

JDH

Well it would have been timed perfectly with my lunch, but now that it's over, looks like i'm missing out on this. Thanks Best Buy!

What are people looking to get? Other than the official case (which looks worse than the Hori one) everything is available on Amazon, no? Even the Pro Controller.
I wouldn't mind a charge grip for mine. Will probably hold off on the dock and extra joycons though and just get an additional switch down the road.($110 dock and $100 joycons and $40 charge grip (Non charge obviously with the base bundle) is only $150 less than a second switch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom