• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdamonk

Based intelcom who delivered already in such poor weather conditions(Montreal).

I never had any problem with Intelcom (Montreal). Actually, never had any problems with Amazon.

This is the first time that I might received my order late (RE VII).

I won't make a fuss, since I will probably start with Yakuza 0 anyways.

Windam

Scaley member
Kingdom Hearts on Amazon is a total no show (what a surprise). "Arriving 30 Jan - 31 Jan" with no updated status whatsoever. I pre-ordered this thing in June ffs.

Yeah Amazon had that for me up to last night, as well (Prime member). My backup BestBuy order shipped yesterday afternoon and it's out for delivery now.

Out of curiosity, when is the last time anyone here has straight up paid full ptrice $79.99 for a game? I feel like we’re all always talking about deals and Prime and E3 discounts and everything, I’m curious if anyone here will just go out on release day and buy a game from Best Buy.

Me yesterday for KH 2.8 from Best Buy lol.

Out of curiosity, when is the last time anyone here has straight up paid full ptrice $79.99 for a game? I feel like we're all always talking about deals and Prime and E3 discounts and everything, I'm curious if anyone here will just go out on release day and buy a game from Best Buy.

Until I started a trial of Amazon Prime ~5 months ago, every game I bought. I value getting a game right away more than saving a few bucks. When Amazon delayed GR2 I just canceled and bought it on PSN.

Gxgear

is the 20% rebate supposed to be applied? how can you tell if its applied or not to a specific game? I have a few other games in my list and the total amount deducted to the entire order is less than 20%

I know battlefield 1 was excluded and I cancelled 4 games due to shit shipping speed but even with the remaining ones it doesn't add up correctly.

Make sure you look real close at the discounts, on one of my orders the free shipping was counted against the 20% E3 discount.

Bluenoser

Guys, regarding Amazon, you have to pay special attention to the date it says it will arrive.

I preordered Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and Zelda for Switch a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed it didn't give me the regular Prime members option for 2 day delivery. Instead it defaulted to express 2-4 day delivery for free. This was obviously not right so I called them and the guy didn't know what was wrong, and couldn't fix it. He upgraded the order to priority 1-2 days but that was still not going to work for me, as it would be arriving well past the release day.

I just called again today, and no surprise they haven't fixed it yet, but something interesting, the notice about the item being eligible for release day was removed. I checked other games like mass effect, Nioh, etc and those all said I could get on release day- just choose release day shipping at check out.

Some fuckery going on at Amazon where certain games will not ship on time, and I have no idea why, but it's maddening.

N° 2048

and Tales of Berseria also didn't get shipped on time.

First GR2 and now this one. Goodbye Prime. Not renewing. Also won't be buying from Amazon whenever possible.

LOL @ Amazon CS:
Meredith: Berseria had the release date pushed back until tomorrow.
Me: No it hasn't.

Halo Wars 2 PC (physical) is up on amazon.ca
(Sorry didnt know how to make the link short so didn't post)

Biggest surprise of 2017 so far, didn't expect a windows-xbox exclusive to get a physical release in this day and age

And sorry if this was already posted.

Vinc

Canada Post isn't delivering anything in the MTL region today. REVII arriving on time would've been too good to be true!

and Tales of Berseria also didn't get shipped on time.

First GR2 and now this one. Goodbye Prime. Not renewing. Also won't be buying from Amazon whenever possible...

yeah, they really screwed most all this month's games up big time. hoping best buy's e3 offer at least matches amazon this spring :) ...

Sealtest

Is anyone getting the error

We're sorry, one or more items in your order are not available for shipment but may be available for Reserve and Pick Up

when trying to preorder some of the "newest" stuff available on best buy?

So far Imaginators starter pack, wold amiibo, injustice ultimate edition and lego city undercover are all giving me this error.

imBask

Banned
+79.99 for zelda
+89.99 for a god damn controller

this is a joke.

i'll let y'all know when I cancel my preorder, that way one of you oil company CEOs might be able to grab it

killroy87

To be fair, despite the fact that we're overpaying for the Switch, exchange rate costs for the accessories have been what they should (most are lower by a buck or two).

Doesn't help, I know, but at least we aren't getting bent over from every angle.

+79.99 for zelda

this is a joke.

i'll let y'all know when I cancel my preorder, that way one of you oil company CEOs might be able to grab it

Thank goodness for the EB 2x trade in deal. Otherwise I agree the pricing up front is very high.

Fularu

Banned
Preordered a pro controller.

Shall see if I keep that preorder since controllers often go on sale (except the WiiU pro controller, that thing never went on sale nationwide, just in some few select stores here and there)

Murdamonk

+79.99 for zelda

this is a joke.

I am really closed to cancel my Switch order too. Had that and Zelda pre-ordered. Might buy Zelda for the WiiU instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom