• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came to check if any amiibos went up while I was asleep, and instead all I got was this depressing $99 talk. I guess SMO's price at launch will let us know for sure whether this is the new norm for Nintendo games in Canada, or just a ridiculous precautionary measure.

We all have backlogs. I could go cold turkey for 5 years on game purchases if it meant sending the right message.
I'll stand with you, Uber.

Well, I'll have to get Animal Crossing, SSB, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Mario Party, and any other future Mario titles Day One - but other than that, I'll firmly vote with my wallet.

trixx

What the hell? how did you guys get savings on amazon all I see are the regular prime savings of 20% appearing as "E3 savings". What I save all the time as a prime member.

Cancelling ARMS too many games already and screw it at $70 or whatever.

What the hell? how did you guys get savings on amazon all I see are the regular prime savings of 20% appearing as "E3 savings". What I save all the time as a prime member.

There was a glitch Friday night/Saturday morning that double stacked the prime savings with E3 savings.

Also, some games are discounted to $49.99 thanks to Wal-Mart.

Vinc

Took me a while with the formulas, but it will save me a lot of time in the future! Here she is boys! Yeah, I don't know what's up with the FFXII. Probably going to cancel that one anyways.

6Bx2sRh.png

That's a beautiful thing you have there. Would you mind sharing the raw sheet with the formulas? I'd love to use something like this to track everything.

Kiro

Took me a while with the formulas, but it will save me a lot of time in the future! Here she is boys! Yeah, I don't know what's up with the FFXII. Probably going to cancel that one anyways.

6Bx2sRh.png

How did you sort dates with text like TBD 2018? How did you get Excel to understand that as a date and not a text cell?

trixx

There was a glitch Friday night/Saturday morning that double stacked the prime savings with E3 savings.

Also, some games are discounted to $49.99 thanks to Wal-Mart.

oh okay you snooze you lose I guess, oh well. I'd get xenoblade 2 and mario+rabbids if it were cheaper but idk. Would've been nice if it were 30% saved, thank you walmart for some games

Porkepik

So 599$ for xbox one x in canada , how do people feel about that?
Anything over 600$ was a No for me, now I m not sure anymore , I may buy it , it will depend on the trade in promotion

JDH

That's a beautiful thing you have there. Would you mind sharing the raw sheet with the formulas? I'd love to use something like this to track everything.

You bet! Here's the link to the template. Feel free to copy it to your Google Drive.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bDvDUmzSDeEjAjiGRHAva_kLj1zSvbCaG5DV89I64qM/edit?usp=sharing

How did you sort dates with text like TBD 2018? How did you get Excel to understand that as a date and not a text cell?

I'm using Google Sheets on Google Drive. It actually sorted automatically like that. Just went "Sort Sheet A-->Z" on the date column. I was a surprised as you!

I guess the EA Sports titles are not visible enough on Wal-Mart for Amazon to price match them.

Walmart never added them to their E3 deals list.

i-Jest

Why are Bestbuy and Amazon being so stubborn about putting up Superstar Saga? Well as a Prime member I guess I can afford to wait it out. On a slightly different not, why hasn't Bestbuy put up Etrina Odyssey 5, Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, and Strange Journey Redux? Just let me make the final preorder so I can rest easy.

JDH

looks like the link is dead now.

Working here. Just in case here's what it says:

Nintendo said:
Nintendo has confirmed that the price currently displayed on pre-orders is not the right one. It is a "placeholder", a price suggested by the retailer not related to the official price of Nintendo.
Nintendo games will not be 99.99

krae_man

At this point, I'm convinced that one retailer just screwed up and listed Mario at $100 and everyone else just copied because "they must know something" and nobody wants to admit the screw up and fix it.

Half the stuff I preordered now show up at regular price with the 20% off E3 when yesterday they were all showing as $49.96 I hope this is just some weird glitch.

JDH

Thanks so much, man! I'll transfer my haul in there tonight :)

You're welcome! The row with Tax calculates @ 5% GST as I'm in Alberta. You may need to change the formula to whatever your tax is where you may be :)

how did you make the first row and last like that?

Just used the paint bucket tool to make it grey. I still haven't figured out when you sort by title or date or price that the top bar isn't "sorted" and stationary/not affected. If anyone knows, please share!

Skikkiks

I still haven't figured out when you sort by title or date or price that the top bar isn't "sorted" and stationary/not affected. If anyone knows, please share!

Highlight the whole table, go to 'sort range' and check that your data has headers.

joedick

Very handy, thanks for sharing! But by the time you get to some of those games they'll probably be down to $20!

killroy87

Yeah. I'm not saying the dude is lying, but I can't imagine DBZ, Code Vein, AND Forza were all cheap at some point without even one person here calling it out. I've also never heard of Amazon changing the price of an order already made in a way that doesn't favor the customer.

I think you're just mistaken, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom