• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Yeah they also got rid of the discount for Toys to life as well which sucks for anyone collecting amiibo
Wow.

I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch and it's not listing the discount like it should. Unless it's been explicitly stated, in which case I hope they change their mind before it's time to renew. If they do stick with this stance, I'm definitely ending my run with them.

Pretty much the same here.
Yeah, it's kind of confusing.

I mean, I get that Amazon Prime offers benefits other than 20% off "all" games (or, at least it's supposed to refer to all games) but, as a gamer, if they remove the chance to pre-order Limited/Collector's Editions of games at 20% off I'll literally have no reason to stay a member (aside from the laughable "Free Two-Day Shipping", which tends to take just as long if not longer to reach me when compared to non-Prime members).

You'd think they would give some reason, for gamers in-particular, to want to renew their Prime subscription. Most people likely subscribed when Prime first hit, which means the re-subscription date is coming ever closer. To go through E3, offering the standard 20% off of all game pre-orders to everyone, and nothing else to Prime members, and then remove the one thing that might make the service somewhat enticing (20% off Limited/Collector's Editions outside of E3)? Well, it's money saved for me, I guess, if they don't revert the change.

Ventara

Well, if anyone else was wondering if Superstar Saga is getting a physical copy, it is.

91iqy4sqSxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.COM link

Banned
I ordered Yoshi, Kirby and Metroid Prime 4 at $79.99 earlier in the day but it's not showing a 20% discount. Pokken is $99.99.

kevin1025

Banned
I ordered Yoshi, Kirby and Metroid Prime 4 at $79.99 earlier in the day but it's not showing a 20% discount. Pokken is $99.99.

If you ordered them when they just went up, they didn't have the discount applied yet. There was a small window between being put up and being taken down again when they were $79.99 and had the 20% discount.

JDH

Took me a while with the formulas, but it will save me a lot of time in the future! Here she is boys! Yeah, I don't know what's up with the FFXII. Probably going to cancel that one anyways.

6Bx2sRh.png

JDH

Either import them from the States or wait for a sale. Nintendo of Canada no longer wants your money on Day 1. As a consumer you should know how to respond to this.

It's just even after Day 365 prices don't budge. I am in no way paying $99.99 for any game, but Nintendo is the only one I ever consider paying "full price" for as 1st party titles never go on sale :(

daftstar

Took me a while with the formulas, but it will save me a lot of time in the future! Here she is boys! Yeah, I don't know what's up with the FFXII. Probably going to cancel that one anyways.

http://i.imgur.com/6Bx2sRh.png[/QUOTE]

How did you get Ni No Kuni 2 to $47.99?

UberTag

Any the wait continues.

On another note Metroid 3DS sold out at Amazon.ca
They probably put a stop to pre-orders so they can correct the price to something higher.
Unless you're talking about the LE... in which case that may be it.

I see. So the only discount at this point is with Amazon Prime 20% off for games not on Walmart's $49 list huh.
That's an E3 20% off discount right now.
Prime 20% discounts don't get turned back on until after this E3 sale is over.

We all have backlogs. I could go cold turkey for 5 years on game purchases if it meant sending the right message.

Oh I know, I agree $100 + tax is insanity. If the few I pre-d for $79.99 after the 20% discount, don't drop to at least the $63.99 point like they should they will be cancelled until I can get them cheaper. I hope they aren't just testing the water with this price and it really is just a placeholder like they have said on Twitter (in bestbuy's case).

Back to working on my spreadsheet lol, I think I did good this year, no duplicates so far and I managed to fail at trying all the glitches so shouldn't have any cancelled orders xD

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ive preordered plenty of games for $50. Ill pass on $100 games, even with 20% off.

chrono01

Ive preordered plenty of games for $50. Ill pass on $100 games, even with 20% off.
The only reason I pre-ordered at that price, is that I'm hoping we get the price adjusted to what it should be ($79.99?) and then still retain the discount for 20% off the original price of $100.

It's worth a try, I figure.

Tagg9

Is anyone even bothering to pre-order games from Amazon that only have 20% off? If you're a Prime a member you already get that discount permanently (or at least up until release).

terrible

Banned
Is anyone even bothering to pre-order games from Amazon that only have 20% off? If you're a Prime a member you already get that discount permanently (or at least up until release).

Do it just in case there's a temporary price drop or error. It's easy to cancel on Amazon so there's really no reason not to.

CazTGG

which ones in particular did you notice were incorrect?

Can't name a particular game aside from Rocket League since it could be any of the six games, but in a collective order of 5 $80 games and Rocket League at $60, the discount on the invoice totals to $83.10 (the discount, if my math is correct, should be $92 total, as all of them qualify for 20% off). I've had some odd discount total like this on three separate orders since I was going through to calculate the price of the games with taxes to fill out my spreadsheet and see how much, on average, I paid per game on the PS4, 3DS, Vita and Switch, and I noticed that something was off with how the final values for the E3 discount were calculated on them.

Do it just in case there's a temporary price drop or error. It's easy to cancel on Amazon so there's really no reason not to.

Pretty much.

That's why you make single game orders so you can clearly see where the errors are.

I've gone through a few of the titles so far and can't seem to find any reason why the discount is so odd since it's applied correctly to them. It went fine before so I don't know what changed between now and the time I placed the order since the discount showed up correctly when I placed it.

So I ended up with more than I figured >.>

Grand total was $1450 after savings(which was over $500). Aaand the only game I could possibly drop would be Assassin's Creed Origins, since I could likely get it for less on PC later on but $50 day 1 is tempting me....

I still gotta figure out what I'm doing with Destiny, 2 copies PC or split 1 copy 2 accounts with my wife on PS4 at PSN prices digital.

Aaaand then there's Anthem, prolly same deal 2 for 1 PSN digital deal, and maybe grab Wolfenstien 2 on PC this time around.

Sigh.. it's gonna be an expensive year =/ Time to bust out the good old ebay account and dig around the basement for random stuff lmao

I guess on the bright side, this year I have pretty much everything coming physical after being digital since the PS4 launch, so I will have trade in value down the road instead of nothing >.<

Edit: Damnit I forgot there's bloody amiibos I need too... I think I have a problem =/

Can't name a particular game aside from Rocket League since it could be any of the six games, but in a collective order of 5 $80 games and Rocket League at $60, the discount on the invoice totals to $83.10 (the discount, if my math is correct, should be $92 total, as all of them qualify for 20% off). I've had some odd discount total like this on three separate orders since I was going through to calculate the price of the games with taxes to fill out my spreadsheet and see how much, on average, I paid per game on the PS4, 3DS, Vita and Switch, and I noticed that something was off with how the final values for the E3 discount were calculated on them.

Hmm... at the time when you placed the order, did all the games say on their respective pages that there was a 20% discount? there might have been an instance where one of the games didn't have the discount at the time of your order, and was only added to the page afterwards. Maybe it'll be added to your order at a later date. If not, contact CS and let them know. I've had a similar problem occur on occasion and they've adjusted the discount to the correct price.

DVG

Sorry if this has been asked already but does Amazon usually price match the 50 dollar deals from sites like Walmart? Tryna get Splatoon 2 and Mario for 50 and would rather order on Amazon

Sorry if this has been asked already but does Amazon usually price match the 50 dollar deals from sites like Walmart? Tryna get Splatoon 2 and Mario for 50 and would rather order on Amazon

I think they only did briefly for the few minutes they were in stock at Walmart, I'm still hoping for a restock of Splatoon 2 myself =(

CazTGG

Hmm... at the time when you placed the order, did all the games say on their respective pages that there was a 20% discount? there might have been an instance where one of the games didn't have the discount at the time of your order, and was only added to the page afterwards. Maybe it'll be added to your order at a later date. If not, contact CS and let them know. I've had a similar problem occur on occasion and they've adjusted the discount to the correct price.

I made sure before I ordered that every title would qualify for the 20% off by checking out with them separately to see if the discount would show up before putting them into a single order where the amount stated was correct. I've let CS know about it so hopefully it'll be resolved tomorrow (they forwarded it to marketing), but it bugs me that nothing about this is adding up, both figuratively and literally.

Krammy

DEAL?

Tekken 7 Day 1 Edition - $49.96 (ships in 1 - 2 months) on Amazon.ca. The listing says price hidden, but once it's added to your cart, it's $49.96 instead of $79.99.

r7w6ns0.png

EDIT: It shows that you can save on it with Amazon Prime. Can someone confirm you get 20% off the $49.96 price with Prime? Doesn't seem to stack, oh well!

DEAL?

Tekken 7 Day 1 Edition - $49.96 (ships in 1 - 2 months) on Amazon.ca. The listing says price hidden, but once it's added to your cart, it's $49.96 instead of $79.99.

r7w6ns0.png

EDIT: It shows that you can save on it with Amazon Prime. Can someone confirm you get 20% off the $49.96 price with Prime?

i took it to checkout and there wasn't a 20% off discount on the order summary.

13randO

DEAL?

r7w6ns0.png

EDIT: It shows that you can save on it with Amazon Prime. Can someone confirm you get 20% off the $49.96 price with Prime? Doesn't seem to stack, oh well!

I did this, and apparently my copy is coming Monday. Guess I won't have to wait until July.

Krammy

i took it to checkout and there wasn't a 20% off discount on the order summary.

Tekken was/is one of the Walmart discounted games, so no Prime discount on top.

Ah great, thanks!

I did this, and apparently my copy is coming Monday. Guess I won't have to wait until July.

Did you make an order before it was set to ship in 1 - 2 months? Because after ordering, it still says July for me.

13randO

Did you make an order before it was set to ship in 1 - 2 months? Because after ordering, it still says July for me.

Nope, I did a couple of days ago (crap, I actually should have posted that link to this thread earlier now that I think about it). I'd say give it a couple days. I live in Scarborough, for reference.

big_z

This happened to me last year as well and I had to spend hours with amazon support to get it corrected. Support cant do math correctly, apparently 20% off a $79 game is $2.34 according to amazon. Also keep an eye on the amount of tax they charge, it's often wrong(higher) as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom