• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be somewhere like Yorkdale since that's on the subway line and just off the 401. I can see why it's not though considering how much more expensive rent would be.

Yeah look at the stores in Yorkdale and Eaton Centre. Luxury brands. Rent must be really high now.

Sony had that big PS4 demo store in STC in 2012; hadn't been there in years (remebering it was rough in the 90s) and was surprised to see all the wealthy shoppers there now. Vans had that exclusive Nintendo fashion collection there last year too...

At the very least they should be at tier 2 level accessible malls like Square One, STC, and Sherway.

Old Zellers spaces, good times.

Speaking of which, anyone looking for a Switch on Friday try STC EB and Best Buy, the EB in particular had LOTS of PS4's and Switches available during launch and restock. BB had accessories.

Edit: There's also a Superstore there with a gaming section, worth a look for a Switch

I noticed there's a little disclaimer under the $99.99 games on bestbuy when they're in the check out that says it's just a temporary placeholder price.

Ventara

nope the 20% doesn't work anymore either. at least on amazon.

Just tested it out and it works. You sure you tried it on a game that has the E3 discount? Games that were previously $50 never had it since they were already discounted, and there are a few that just plain never got it like Tokyo Xanadu Ex.

zroid

Banned
seems like pretty much everybody is getting Switches in stock tomorrow. saw it advertised in TRU, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy fliers. TRU guarantees 10 assorted Neon and Grey units per store.

edit: oh also, I saw FF XV is $35 at Best Buy. Dunno if that's any good or not

big_z

Just tried best buy to put a preorder in and get this:

The credit card you entered or selected is expired or will expire soon. Please select a different credit card, edit this credit card, or add a new one. (0115)

my card expires in December :/
guess no preorders this year, no one wants my money.

Stage On

seems like pretty much everybody is getting Switches in stock tomorrow. saw it advertised in TRU, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy fliers. TRU guarantees 10 assorted Neon and Grey units per store.

edit: oh also, I saw FF XV is $35 at Best Buy. Dunno if that's any good or not

Do you have a link to the Best buy flyer?

I have them preordered just incase but if they are really going up in price I can see game sales dropping like a rock.

Wal-Mart really saved this e3 huh.

Kind of still shocked at getting things like odysee and splatoon 2 for 50 bucks.

Locking in things like spidey and God of war at 50 is nice as well.

Is that still happening?

Ventara

Is that still happening?

Sorry, it ended earlier today.

I believe that happens when you try to preorder something beyond the expiry date. Just put in a fake expiry date, and fix it later when you get a new one. You'll have to call in for that, though.

My guess is they don't have any in stock and sold you one from the Arms restock. Im sure you'll have it by Monday or Tuesday just have some patience.

I'm not in any huge rush - it's more that Amazon seems to chronically make mistakes with its shipping promises, to the point I'm questioning why they provide 'guaranteed' delivery dates in the first place.

It'll probably update to be sooner regardless, since Expedited parcels within BC between them and me should only take 1 day.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

If a game has a release date (even a temporary one) set after your card expires you won't be able to preorder. You can get around that by putting a fake expiry date for those games but you'll have to update your CC info before it ships.

Stage On

So tempted to order Mario + Rabbids Kingdom but when I was able to bag every other switch game coming out this year that I wanted for $50 before tax it's hard to swallow a the extra $20 difference!

Mr. F

Banned
Probably been mentioned but Sea of Thieves is 40 bucks on Amazon for some reason??

If it's play anywhere I'll probably jump on that pronto.

My double discounted copy of arms just shipped from best buy, Looks like they are honoring the discount. I guess I can breath a sigh of relief. I was going to return it if I didnt get the discount so looks like I'll be playing arms tommorow.

Skikkiks

My pre-order damage/spreadsheet of 'savings'

f6fbf0a81316447b07b22d12c61b9836.png

What an alive to be a time.

Haines

Banned
I have seen people mention getting money back from amazon games they dont get delivered release day?

Do they have a release day policy? Ive never tried complaining but i just got curious because i never get games on release day.

What complaint is getting you the money back?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How soon will they issue it? Any chance i'll make it to the deals ending on the 20th?
The promotion code (“Code”) is good for one qualifying Account to redeem the PSN Wallet credit via the PlayStation®Store. Code expires at 11:59PM PT on July 18th, 2017 and must be redeemed prior to this time. Code cannot be returned or exchanged for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. You will receive the redemption Code on or before July 5th, 2017 via XMB message on PS3™, system notification on PS4™, PS Vita™, or the email account used to set up your Account Sign-in ID.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/spend-100-get-15-terms-and-conditions/

ohlawd

disappointing that BB is still missing some games. I hope they extend the promotion like they did last year? Or last last year? One of those

Stage On

disappointing that BB is still missing some games. I hope they extend the promotion like they did last year? Or last last year? One of those

They miss games every year so it's no surprise that they failed so hard again. I doubt they'd be added even if we did get an extension which is pretty unlikely in itself.

i-Jest

They miss games every year so it's no surprise that they failed so hard again. I doubt they'd be added even if we did get an extension which is pretty unlikely in itself.

I asked them on Twitter if they'd add the 3 Atlus games and got no response. I guess my backup order on Amazon will have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom