• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

firelogic

Definitely too good to be true. I think you'll definitely get model kits, but they'd be bootlegs...

Yeah, hahaha. Just needed another voice to tell me that. I'll pass on trying them out. Thanks!

Edit:
Sure you'll get your money back, but it's a huge hassle and the scammer gets your shipping address. Not worth it.

I didn't even think about them getting my address. I'm too trusting haha.

I have the same problem but I need to update my payment method which the system wont allow, saying something about my address.

I called amazon and now they're telling me they don't have the item which isn't even my original issue. Site still says shipping soon but both me and the person on the phone and the manager can't update the method or address.

So basically I'm screwed? Still on the phone trying to fix this shit

Seems like the same issue I had with Gravity Rush 2...

They're going to have to fight to keep me as a customer if that happens again, this is aggravating.

I didn't get one either.
New ps4's don't come with a code any more I don't think, it just applies when you opt in somewhere in the store?
GF bought a ps4 in early feb so she could play horizon and there was no code but there were prompts in the psn store to start a free trial.

beclause

Neo Member
Got my Switch from Amazon yesterday.

Unfortunately, the left joycon is almost unusable in docked mode. I was hoping the new stock at Amazon wouldn't have the issue.

Called Nintendo support and they're doing expedited shipping for repairs. Overnight shipping is only for the US, so it might take 2 to 3 weeks for Canada! This really sucks.

I can play without issues in portable mode, but I want to get this thing repaired. I just started Zelda as well and now I have to wait a couple of weeks to continue playing! argggh

Unfortunately, the left joycon is almost unusable in docked mode. I was hoping the new stock at Amazon wouldn't have the issue.

Called Nintendo support and they're doing expedited shipping for repairs. Overnight shipping is only for the US, so it might take 2 to 3 weeks for Canada! This really sucks.

I can play without issues in portable mode, but I want to get this thing repaired. I just started Zelda as well and now I have to wait a couple of weeks to continue playing! argggh

Might depend where you live but for me nearish Vancouver (not in), "expedited shipping" was basically overnight or two days. Won't be nearly as bad as you're thinking I bet. :)

I'm going to suggest something extremely shisty but nonetheless a very possible option. Instead of shipping to Nintendo buy a single joycon from walmart, eb, bestbuy if you can, test to see it works and then return the faulty device.

N° 2048

I'm going to suggest something extremely shisty but nonetheless a very possible option. Instead of shipping to Nintendo buy a single joycon from walmart, eb, bestbuy if you can, test to see it works and then return the faulty device.

Not shisty imo. Those returns go straight to Nintendo anyway AFAIK.

Oh well there you go then.

On a completely unrelated note it looks like my P5 is resting in Vancouver for the weekend it got there friday(6am) so I kind expected it to leave friday night but I guess a monday delivery is in my near future.

Vamphuntr

You reduce the store inventory by 1 by returning them a faulty product. If the item would be hard to find you just screwed someone into not getting it. Would not be surprised if they tried to pass it to another customer.

DVCY201

I'm waiting for the Blue Joycons to be in stock, then I'll be swapping them because this was definitely an unfortunate oversight

beclause

Neo Member
Might depend where you live but for me nearish Vancouver (not in), "expedited shipping" was basically overnight or two days. Won't be nearly as bad as you're thinking I bet. :)
I live in Toronto and have to ship the joycon to Vancouver :(. Hopefully will get it back within a week. Might try the Walmart stunt.

Ya from talking on the phone he can't understand why they cant change that. He was saying that it's very limited so I may not get it. I preordered in September and they haven't sent any emails saying anything so that's not expectable

At this point I don't give a shit if I get it on time, I just want to get it at all.

I have the same problem but I need to update my payment method which the system wont allow, saying something about my address.

I called amazon and now they're telling me they don't have the item which isn't even my original issue. Site still says shipping soon but both me and the person on the phone and the manager can't update the method or address.

So basically I'm screwed? Still on the phone trying to fix this shit

Please keep us posted if you can, curious to see what excuses they've used assuming something goes wrong with my order.

Any of you guys pc gamers? I'm looking for a 1080p 144hz monitor. Going to be used with a gtx 1070 so g sync could be a plus but I don't necessarily need it. Need recommendations.

Budget 300-450 bucks cdn. Any help would be appreciated.

Lexxism

Any of you guys pc gamers? I'm looking for a 1080p 144hz monitor. Going to be used with a gtx 1070 so g sync could be a plus but I don't necessarily need it. Need recommendations.

Try using pcpartpicker.com. That site will definitely help you find your monitor. Great site.

My knowledge of newer monitors is gonna be a bit rusty, but these are the ones I normally recommend to friends

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-mg248q-24in-gaming-monitor-13-130608.htm?promoid=1407

http://www.ncix.com/detail/acer-gn246hl-bbid-24in-3d-19-104950.htm?promoid=1407

http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-zowie-xl2411-24in-led-fa-133726.htm?promoid=1774 (I use the older branded 'BenQ' model of this one, but its the XL2420Z, basically the same panel)

I also have a 1070 and my older BenQ is still putting work in a year and a half later. GSYNC is pretty worth but it's still a bit pricey

My knowledge of newer monitors is gonna be a bit rusty, but these are the ones I normally recommend to friends

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-mg248q-24in-gaming-monitor-13-130608.htm?promoid=1407

http://www.ncix.com/detail/acer-gn246hl-bbid-24in-3d-19-104950.htm?promoid=1407

http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-zowie-xl2411-24in-led-fa-133726.htm?promoid=1774 (I use the older branded 'BenQ' model of this one, but its the XL2420Z, basically the same panel)

I also have a 1070 and my older BenQ is still putting work in a year and a half later. GSYNC is pretty worth but it's still a bit pricey

Thanks, I was actually looking at the GN246HL before I came on gaf for recommendations. I think I'm just going to buy it. Nice quality and cheap.

About my TYH Edition that hasn't shipped from Amazon yet...

Does anyone know if any EB Games in Vancouver, Canada will be doing a midnight launch? If not, could I contact them and pick up my preorder before they close on the Monday night? Do they do that?

Does anyone know if any EB Games in Vancouver, Canada will be doing a midnight launch? If not, could I contact them and pick up my preorder before they close on the Monday night? Do they do that?

I begin to fear we won't get out TYH edition... If it's the case, they can fuck off hard for not telling us yet.

Fularu

Banned

You're past 15 posts in this thread have been about your shipping woes with Amazon about a game releasing in 3 days. Like we got it, for real.

EB has really toned down their midnight launches of late I don't think my local one even did one for the switch so P5 is def too niche

Gitaroo

EB has really toned down their midnight launches of late I don't think my local one even did one for the switch so P5 is def too niche

a few years ago, the manager at my local eb told me they only do mid night launch for a game with over 100+ preorders. P5 definitely won't hit that mark in most stores.

NYR

I shipped my joycon to Nintendo in Vancouver and it took 1 day to get there, they fixed it in a few days and I got it back a day after they shipped it all in, 7 days.

You're past 15 posts in this thread have been about your shipping woes with Amazon about a game releasing in 3 days. Like we got it, for real.

Understood - sorry about that. (There are others in the same boat though, so hopefully you can see why I'm posting here alongside them.)

Regardless, will keep that in mind.

sjay1994

a few years ago, the manager at my local eb told me they only do mid night launch for a game with over 100+ preorders. P5 definitely won't hit that mark in most stores.

Yeah. Pretty much.

I have a TYH edition pre ordered at my eb (since amazon shipping has been screwing me as of late) and I had some store credit there.

Understood - sorry about that. (There are others in the same boat though, so hopefully you can see why I'm posting here alongside them.)

You mostly replied to other posts or used other posts to try to gain information, don't worry about it. If it was a regular game it would be much but this is a collector for Persona 5. While niche to some extent, the fans are usually huge fans.

I really want my TYH edition. I stopped buying collector for everything but my very favorite series. Persona, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy and that's about it.

Stock seems good in the US, it's still available at Gamestop and Best Buy. Won't pay that price, though.

Totally forgot to post my photo from the Switch midnight launch here in Montreal:

1wMYF8D.jpg

Probably could have gotten a better picture, but the line was pretty ridiculous (the EB Games is past the Jean Coutu). Never gone to a midnight launch before, and it was a pretty cool experience.

Lizardus

Totally forgot to post my photo from the Switch midnight launch here in Montreal:

Probably could have gotten a better picture, but the line was pretty ridiculous (the EB Games is past the Jean Coutu). Never gone to a midnight launch before, and it was a pretty cool experience.

Nice Mario cosplay. Missing the hat though.

How are Switch Pro Controllers still sold out everywhere? I went to two different best buys and they both had a couple of Switch consoles and spare joycons but no pro controllers.

That situation is nothing new either, amazon sometime says "shipping today" but it ends up not shipping for real.

If you've been charged already, it should ship on monday(sometimes very late at night).

Next time, I would recommend you to place an order with eb games for a backup copy since they rarely fail to deliver on day 1(unless you miss the puro/ups delivery person...).

***Shady stuff warning***

If amazon really fails to ship your TYH in time and you can't find one in store(you most likely won't) then buy two regular/steelbook versions, one on amazon and one in store. Play with that copy until you receive your TYH, then return the sealed one to the store and the opened one to amazon saying it has a defect or someting.

Next time, I would recommend you to place an order with eb games for a backup copy since they rarely fail to deliver on day 1(unless you miss the puro/ups delivery person...).

Yeah this is what I do now, I have a preorder in at my local EB Games for the TYH Edition and I'll return the one from Amazon there when I finally get it.

That way I get the Amazon price while also getting it on time. Shame they can't just send it in time in the first place though.

Still hasn't been shipped yet. I'll probably call EB to see if I can pick it up tomorrow night since I've heard some people have been called by them to do so.

kevin1025

Banned
Finally get Amazon Prime for a year.

Pre-order Persona 5.

Express delivery: ships April 7, arrives April 11-13.

PRIME! *shakes fist*

Edit: Good Guy Clint on chat gave me free one-day shipping and now it's arriving on April 4!

It might be better on ordering it on April 4th and expect it to deliver on April 5th

Is that the trick to get things faster on Prime for all the express shipping items?

Moltenix

Taking a look at some powerbanks and wall chargers on Amazon. Not really sure which to get. The powerbank needs to be Switch compatible. Something in 10-20k mAh range should be fine. Also noticed some of them don't include a wall charger so would need that as well and probably a cord if one's not included either.

While we're at it, could also use a wall charger + cord for the Switch itself. If the same charger and/or cord could maybe used for the Switch and powerbank, that would be super since that's less to carry around.

I have a bunch of micro-usb cables and chargers from phones and things like console controllers so if those work, that's good too.

DayEnder

Taking a look at some powerbanks and wall chargers on Amazon. Not really sure which to get. The powerbank needs to be Switch compatible. Something in 10-20k mAh range should be fine. Also noticed some of them don't include a wall charger so would need that as well and probably a cord if one's not included either.

While we're at it, could also use a wall charger + cord for the Switch itself. If the same charger and/or cord could maybe used for the Switch and powerbank, that would be super since that's less to carry around.

I have a bunch of micro-usb cables and chargers from phones and things like console controllers so if those work, that's good too.

If you are willing to go with NCIX then I can't recommend this one highly enough. $20 for 20000mah is a steal:
http://www.ncix.com/detail/linke-smartcharger-20000mah-external-battery-b2-110195.htm

The dual USB ports for multiple devices is great too and it has an LCD to show power percentage.

Just had a chat with Amazon and they told me my P5 TYH Edition will ship today and arrive on time with 2 day shipping. Fingers crossed.

I use an Anker Powerbank 20,000 mAh, but then again I don't know how well it would charge a Switch.

soultron

Banned
Amazon truly is random as fuck. I reordered P5 last Thursday (after canceling some time ago) and I'm getting it next Tuesday. So yeah, if you're getting it late try speaking with a CSR.

Moltenix

Dalius

My TYH says 'Arriving Tuesday' but still hasn't shipped yet. I live in the Toronto suburbs so if they ship Monday, I usually get it Tuesday. I'm taking a screenshot of the order page just in case they decide to change it last minute like Zelda for Switch.

I asked about eShop card deals a page or two back; I ended up getting a $50 one at Loblaws, getting 10K ($10) in PC Points - not too bad.

The Switch glass protector thread makes it seem like the Orzly tempered glass one (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/) is the one to go for? amFilm doesn't seem to be available in Canada.

Smo21

Seems like the same issue I had with Gravity Rush 2...

They're going to have to fight to keep me as a customer if that happens again, this is aggravating.

Did you ever get it?

Please keep us posted if you can, curious to see what excuses they've used assuming something goes wrong with my order.

Will do. Basically he said they're gonna have to try and force the change but I really didn't like how they were trying to make an excuse that wasn't linked to my problem. They said they'll call me Wednesday to follow up. The sad thing is all I need to do is change the payment

mdubs

Banned
My TYH says 'Arriving Tuesday' but still hasn't shipped yet. I live in the Toronto suburbs so if they ship Monday, I usually get it Tuesday. I'm taking a screenshot of the order page just in case they decide to change it last minute like Zelda for Switch.

I asked about eShop card deals a page or two back; I ended up getting a $50 one at Loblaws, getting 10K ($10) in PC Points - not too bad.

The Switch glass protector thread makes it seem like the Orzly tempered glass one (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/) is the one to go for? amFilm doesn't seem to be available in Canada.

I can vouch for the Orzly tempered glass. Got mine on Thursday and it's great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom