• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiijj

So what you're saying is there's a chance we can all get one preorder in?

It's nintendo so...

RNJILxK.gif

Oh shit. I didn't care much for the NES mini but this is a must-have. Hope I can grab one once it goes up on Amazon.

Once the order goes through, it's pretty much a lock right? Anyone experience any cancellations of their NES mini after successfully ordering it?

Same here, I prefer the SNES. Even if they said that they are producing a ton of these, I'll preorder the second it goes up lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh shit. I didn't care much for the NES mini but this is a must-have. Hope I can grab one once it goes up on Amazon.

Once the order goes through, it's pretty much a lock right? Anyone experience any cancellations of their NES mini after successfully ordering it?

Edit: I know Wild Guns is already on PS4 but I'd love if it was included on this. Also Mighty Morphin Power Rangers or Turtles in Time..
These are the games.

zroid

Banned
u know what's alarming about their statement.

That's like 3 months while 5 months for NES classic

well... kind of...

the NES Classic was originally only supposed to be available during the holiday season, so like 2 months. they extended its life because of the demand.

i suppose if SNES Classics are still flying off the shelves in December, we can expect them to extend its life as well

Gitaroo

Yeah, I am suprise nobody complain at all. They keep on removing offers for prime members. No more prime discount for LE, nothing for post release, no discount for amazon basics products. Their days shipping which is a standard for bestbuy and other online stores. I didn't subscribe it for its garbage prime video. We should all write to amazon and complain.

Yeah, I am suprise nobody complain at all. They keep on removing offers for prime members. No more prime discount for LE, nothing for post release, no discount for amazon basics products. Their days shipping which is a standard for bestbuy and other online stores. I didn't subscribe it for its garbage prime video. We should all write to amazon and complain.

They removed the 2 week post release discount period now?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They're actively trying to kill the service for gamers.

Well, good luck to them when renewal time comes around.

They're succeeding at it.

I cancelled my renewal, even at $40 I'm seeing little value.

Only thing they're good for is price errors.

Gitaroo

They removed the 2 week post release discount period now?

Yeah man, lets all write to amazon. Seriously didn't pay 80 a year for two days shipping that is offered for free from bestbuy. Honestly I would rather support besybuy anytime over amazon since they have a local store for easy return. Amazon is not going anywhere, I would want bestbuy to stay in business.

Firestorm

The NES is WAY more popular than the SNES.

Casual folks will most likely ignore the product.
Depends how old you are. The SNES is WAY more popular than the NES for my age group. People I know weren't even close to this excited for the NES Classic nor were there anywhere near this amount of people wanting to buy one.

Whales

Banned
Remind me to never order games from Walmart. Sheesh

Called them twice ( one time in french, the other in english) and both of them told me they couldn't cancel one of the game in my 3 games order ( I wanted to cancel Destiny2 and keep crash and Mario odyssey)

They both pulled the ''you only have 30 minutes to cancel after that its too complicated'' on me.. lol

Guess im gonna have to return destiny 2 once it gets delivered to my house...

chrono01

They're succeeding at it.

I cancelled my renewal, even at $40 I'm seeing little value.

Only thing they're good for is price errors.
Yeah, same here. I haven't cancelled yet, but I can't see myself renewing.

The fact that Prime members didn't get an additional discount during E3 was whatever. I could overlook that. Them removing the discount for Limited/Collector's Edition games though, and now (seemingly) the discount for releases within the two week period after launch? That's two major benefits I saw from the service, now they're gone. I see no reason to remain a member for another yet, unless they fix things (which they probably won't).

Yeah but it was the nostalgia that pushed people to buy the NES mini, if it wasn't for that, I dont think it would've sold as much as it did or at least it won't be as sought after.

Yeah, there's still a good element of nostalgia here with the SNES, but the difference between that and the NES is also the quality of the games being offered on the SNES.

A lot of people's top games of all time are on that sucker

Gitaroo

Yeah, same here. I haven't cancelled yet, but I can't see myself renewing.

The fact that Prime members didn't get an additional discount during E3 was whatever. I could overlook that. Them removing the discount for Limited/Collector's Edition games though, and now (seemingly) the discount for releases within the two week period after launch? That's two major benefits I saw from the service, now they're gone. I see no reason to remain a member for another yet, unless they fix things (which they probably won't).

We just need to speak out folks. They seems to get their priority wrong, I don't care about their cloud saving prime video stuffs, those are bonus to the sub, games discount and deals are all I care.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
We just need to speak out folks. They seems to get their priority wrong, I don't care about their cloud saving prime video stuffs, those are bonus to the sub, games discount and deals are all I care.

People already told me in this thread I shouldn't be subscribing for just game discounts.

farisr

Didn't think amazon prime would get to a state where I'd have to seriously reconsider keeping it at $20-30 per year (I subtracted the twitch sub costs and that's how it was worth it to me), but here we are. I'm gonna have to go back and check my records now to see just how many games I pre-ordered from them outside of the E3 and Decembers deals window. I know for a fact there have been a few games that I bought after release on prime discount, so the loss of that is a big deal to me.

Rbk_3

Didn't think amazon prime would get to a state where I'd have to seriously reconsider keeping it at $20-30 per year (I subtracted the twitch sub costs and that's how it was worth it to me), but here we are. I'm gonna have to go back and check my records now to see just how many games I pre-ordered from them outside of the E3 and Decembers deals window. I know for a fact there have been a few games that I bought after release on prime discount, so the loss of that is a big deal to me.

I agree. I just went to buy a USB extension cable and now they have items considered "Add On items" so that you have to spend $25 for them to even ship. WTF is that.

Even stupider, I added a USB hub that was eligible for prime for $18 and they wouldn't even ship the USB cable with that unless I am over $25, despite it shipping anyway.

Ventara

This is all part of Amazon's plan to introduce SUPER Prime, now with free shipping on add-on items and 20% discount to newly released games.

terrible

Banned
Pfft, who needs 20% off games when you can get toilet paper delivered free the same day you order it? That's the real killer deal with Prime.

Firestar

With them backing away from some of the game stuff, prime is not even close to worth it for me. Even for non-game stuff, it's too much of a massive hassle to get literally anything since they switched to Purolator. Some game collector's editions had saved me my $40 this time, but no renewal next time.

kennah

Pfft, who needs 20% off games when you can get toilet paper delivered free the same day you order it? That's the real killer deal with Prime.
Yep. I get pretty amazing shipping for living in the middle of nowhere. And prime pays for itself in four trips of not having to go to the city. Never even use the game discounts myself.

And come on. Unsolved Mysteries!

farisr

They're gonna rescind that free delivery offer soon once it's been re-categorized as an add-on item to toilet paper roll holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom