• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cancel your preorders. iPad Air (aka iPad 5) and iPad Mini Retina announced.

I am still looking forward to my MS Surface Pro 2 getting delivered later today. Am I wrong for this?

isn't surface pro's more a laptop disguised as a tablet than an actual tablet?

I've had a hard time holding my friend's surface pro as a tablet, but it worked fine on a desk with the keyboard.

Isn't the iPad 2 on a similar tech level as the HP Touchpad, with the iPad 2 winning out only slightly? Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but damn, I'm sitting here with an HP Touchpad from the $100 fire sale runing Jellybean and I feel like it's not quite as irrelevant as I thought it was.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I was dead certain this had to be a Wario thread, but what do you know?

Looks neat!

Shai-Tan

Banned
Really curious which sells more, ipads or next gen consoles in 1 year.

Of course the general purpose computer sells more. Customers even buy more pc than game machines and that's a "declining" category. Games is only a subset of what tablets do.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
before I order, have any upcoming holiday ios games been delayed? I don't want to just play angry birds at a higher resolution with more effects.

iOS games are usually announced quite close to the release date (if not the very day they're released), so not that I know of.

Shai-Tan

Banned

I've had a hard time holding my friend's surface pro as a tablet, but it worked fine on a desk with the keyboard.

Yup. I'd love to have one of those but they're expensive, even compared to ipads.

I honestly wasn't too impressed by this.

A7 + lighter = ipad air

- don't care

retina on the mini is nice, but for $400??? get the hell outta here

Thoraxes

I actually kinda want the mini retina. Never owned an iPad before, but I have plenty of games owned in the iOS ecosystem that it would be worthwhile.

Zia

Device 6 was just released and is better than anything launching on the next-gen consoles so, yeah, pretty much.

Don't understand how people can spend that kind of money on new Apple iDevices every time a new one comes out. I want a Kindle HDX for myself but cant justify $230 when my wife has last years model.

iOS games are usually announced quite close to the release date (if not the very day they're released), so not that I know of.
phew, I would hate to purchase hardware with little immediate developer support :p

Don't understand how people can spend that kind of money on new Apple iDevices every time a new one comes out. I want a Kindle HDX for myself but cant justify $230 when my wife has last years model.
The power of Jobs.

Eusis

In case anyone is wondering this in a serious manner, it's the same reason we have PC hardware announcements in Gaming.
I was half joking with my earlier response, but it really does highlight that whether as a gaming platform or a gaming companion, yes, iPad news IS significant gaming news.

npa189

nothankyou.jpg

I've had 2 iPads, but I have seen the ultrabook light, just as small, has a keyboard, can play FTL. iPads are perfect for 90% of people, just too dumbed down for me these days.

Skilletor

I might upgrade. I've got an iPad 2 that is running pretty sluggishly since the new update. But I'll be able to subsidize that because apple stuff typically resells very well.

Ryne

Not sure about upgrading over my iPad "3" even though this is the second release since I got the 3.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Reading this on my new Nexus 7 that I paid $200 for.

Tablet inception.

Same. I've also got an iPad though "for the games" (I get everything on Android when I can but we don't get or have to wait for a lot of games... but I'm conditioned to accept waiting as an owner of a Vita)

bankster

Banned
They seem very, very expensive. Then again, I've never understood the point of tablets. Probably cool for people who like this sort of stuff!

to this day i don't know why i would want an ipad...or any other tablet really. what do you guys use it for mostly? why is it worth $500?

Eusis

Because once you own a tablet, you'll never want anything else. Ever.
Actually a more serious reason may be that funds are limited and the PS4 library's going to take awhile to gain momentum whereas the iPad's immediately very useful. So if you only want to make one leisurely multi hundred dollar purchase, yeah, iPad now and PS4 next year could be smartest. Then again it's not like there won't be an even better iPad next year, and the PS4 will at best have a small price drop.

Laconic

Banned

It is < 10.5 inches tall, and 2 pounds. I think it's safe to call it a tablet. All I know is the desktop software coupled with the Wacom plus Haswell battery life means an unlimited drawing pad, for me. :)

Liberty4all

Banned
Because once you own a tablet, you'll never want anything else. Ever.

I want both. But I have to choose one.

I'm actually still on an original iPad and a Playbook. I actually use my nokia 920 to surf more often now lol. The old iPad can handle most of GAF threads except for the really gif heavy ones but it is starting to crash more and more ... lack of memory. The Playbook I just plain don't like aside from using it as an eReader.

I want to upgrade but I NEED a PS4 in my life.

Top Bottom