• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candy Box 2 (October 24th) |OT| Idle, Kill, Repeat \o/

Stimpack

Doesn't get any faster than 100 lps, does it?

I'm sure it does, it probably just takes a lot. I've put in 54k and I'm still at 100.

Damn this Candy Box game! It's 3 am and I have to get up fairly early tomorrow =( What the hell have I done?

*edit* Wait, I got a button to build a mill
for 10k lps. I wasn't paying attention at when I got it, I would guess at 50k. Building the mill didn't catch me any more lp/s. I now have to feed the mill more lollipops.

*edit II*
Okay, feeding the mill caused me to generate 2 candies per second instead of 1.

batbeg

Has anyone tried
throwing candies on the ground yet?

Results are fairly different from the first game thus far! Not sure how deep this goes...

Stimpack

Has anyone tried
throwing candies on the ground yet?

Results are fairly different from the first game thus far! Not sure how deep this goes...

I am nearing 10k candies on the ground. So far little has happened. 10k and still nothing. I would suggest spending your candies, because with 10k I could have started to make much more at this point.

GeoGonzo

I'm sure it does, it probably just takes a lot. I've put in 54k and I'm still at 100.

Damn this Candy Box game! It's 3 am and I have to get up fairly early tomorrow =( What the hell have I done?

*edit* Wait, I got a button to build a mill
for 10k lps. I wasn't paying attention at when I got it, I would guess at 50k. Building the mill didn't catch me any more lp/s. I now have to feed the mill more lollipops.

*edit II*
Okay, feeding the mill caused me to generate 2 candies per second instead of 1.

100k lollipops planted and still at 100lps... So I built the next thing.
And now I'm about to built a pond... pretty sure I know where this is going.

Stimpack

Anyone knows what the wishing well will do?

Candies heal you. Lollipops convert into candies. Chocolate bars will enchant your equipment. Oops, apparently as someone else said it just enchants your gloves, at least in the beginning. The red gloves occasionally cast fireballs in combat. Also holy CRAP the red fireballs help a ton. I wonder how good the pink ones are.

That's all I have so far. I haven't spent much time at the well.

Sorry, I don't remember that! I would have to hear the question again haha. It looks like someone answered, though. Except for the hat one, and the answer to that is
wet
for anyone who cares to know.

Interesting, I typed
floats
and that worked.

Mafusto

The well will
restore your life for candies, convert lollipops too candies and enchant gloves for chocolate

The pond enables you to
buy loligators. They'll convert candy to lollipops

Cyport

I saved and closed my game but now it's gone back to the beginning when I load the website :(

edit: nevermind I found out how to load the game

Raxious

God I need more armor, did the squirrel stuff, can do the desert. But keep getting my ass wooped by that troll on the bridge. I do got the Silver sword though.

GeoGonzo

Farming that bridge troll. 500 candies every single time? Yes please.

-edit-

To kill the troll:
red gloves throw fireballs and that long bridge works in your favour. Switch to healing gloves when you have his weapon.

batbeg

Candies heal you. Lollipops convert into candies. Chocolate bars will enchant your equipment. Oops, apparently as someone else said it just enchants your gloves, at least in the beginning. The red gloves occasionally cast fireballs in combat. Also holy CRAP the red fireballs help a ton. I wonder how good the pink ones are.

That's all I have so far. I haven't spent much time at the well.

Pink ones are awesome.
They heal you in quests, much faster even than you're healed on the world map.

GeoGonzo

For me he dropped it the very first time.

Anyway, bought the first chest armor, went to the well and...
Nothin'. Save your chocolate!

Raxious

Farming that bridge troll. 500 candies every single time? Yes please.

-edit-

To kill the troll:
red gloves throw fireballs and that long bridge works in your favour. Switch to healing gloves when you have his weapon.

how do you get different armor? I'm still running around with the basic leather gloves and boots.

I seem stuck... I think the next beatable thing is the octopus king but it's all rng. Twice he's lived with 4 health.

Wondering if weapon speed affects fireball speed... doesn't seem like it.

Edit: Killed the octopus, disappointing reward.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just managed to beat it using the monkey wizard staff and red gloves. with lots of potions,

Any tips for the monkey wizard? as everytime I fight him I teleport around and he just jumps over me again :|

Stimpack

You threw 60 380 candies on the ground

I did it for you. I did it all for you. And nothing happened.

Also
the Octupus King drops a crown the obsidian enchantment will sometimes summon an octo king to help you fight. The Jaspers crown will frequently cast a fireball spell around you. I've yet to thoroughly test them both, but I did summon more than 1 octo king. Jaspers seems kind of OP.

You can also enchant the Monkey King's staff. It causes it to cast more spells more frequently, it says.

You threw 60 380 candies on the ground

I did it for you. I did it all for you. And nothing happened.

Also
the Octupus King drops a crown the obsidian enchantment will sometimes summon an octo king to help you fight. The Jaspers crown will frequently cast a fireball spell around you. I've yet to thoroughly test them both, but I did summon more than 1 octo king. Jaspers seems kind of OP.

You can also enchant the Monkey King's staff. It causes it to cast more spells more frequently, it says.

I love you... now I can get through the forest without potions.

Stimpack

A farther along update. I don't know if it gets much more difficult, but I feel like I'm really just ripping through everything now and it happened almost immediately. It's 4 am, though, and I really have to stop.

Upon getting the monkey's staff enchanted, the red gloves, and the jasper crown from the octo king, everything just wilts away. I completed the dive into the sea and it gave me shell powder, which multiplies my lollipop gain by 3. I haven't done the castle, the hole, the lighthouse, and I haven't bought the sorcerer's hat or merchants. It seems like all of that will probably come easily now, though. I hope it continues on like this for a while, but I'm impressed by the improvements and it's just as addicting as the first.

Fifty

How to actually fight the monkey king? My chracter walks to the right of the screen and stops.

Buy the spellbook from the sorceress. It comes with a teleport spell. There might be other options but using teleport worked for me.

Tenki

Only local save? IIrc in the first game the save on the web side, so you could play from any computer if you knew your unique url.

Jarsonot

Maybe I'm crazy, but I played the first one on my phone, mostly. This one seems to be misaligned on the phone. =(

Starts out ok, but as soon as I do any "action" it cuts off some characters on the left - can't read the first words of sentences, etc.

Time to find out if my work blocks this already. =)

Top Bottom