• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candy Box 2 (October 24th) |OT| Idle, Kill, Repeat \o/

Mafusto

To increase the lps-limit
go to the pier jump in the water and fight the seahorses. They can drop shell power which will make the lollipops grow three times as fast

batbeg

My down key doesn't work so I'm completely incapable of playing the underwater level, or any similar control scheme levels if they exist :(

Daigoro

I'm now hooked on candybox 1 cause I never heard of it.

what's the point in eating candies? is it wasting em or can I level up?
same here.

I played it for like 8 hours on the day that this op was made. great game.

definitely going to check out the sequel.

Vhalyar

Any advice for the
Forest? :(

Go to the Cave and
kill the Octopus King. If you have the Pink Gloves + and Fireball spells it should be pretty easy. You'll get a Crown off him, enchant it. This basically turned the forest into a cakewalk for me.

Maedhros

Go to the Cave and
kill the Octopus King. If you have the Pink Gloves + and Fireball spells it should be pretty easy. You'll get a Crown off him, enchant it. This basically turned the forest into a cakewalk for me.

Can you equip both of them at the same time?

aravuus

That seems to be the natural limit, like in CB1. You'll have to find other ways to boost it.

Yeah, thought as much. After wasting a couple of thousand lollipops, I figured I should probably ask here before planting any more lol

Jesus Christ these games, so addictive

Been sitting here for 5 minutes trying this for the first time and nothing is happening.

I don't get it.

Edit: The text changes slightly when I throw candy on the ground. What sort of disability do games like this and that cookie game target in people? I wanna read up on it.
Wow, seriously dude? Disability? What the fuck.

aravuus

Also, am I supposed to be able to change direction in quests?
The ape mage or whatever keeps jumping over me in the cave. Then I'm stuck in the right wall and soon, die.

garath

Bah. I can't beat the monkey king or the octopus. I have pink gloves, red gloves, silver sword, the lightweight armor and both grimoires. Just can't seem to do it. :( Any tips? Best I can do with the monkey king is
get behind him while wearing the pink gloves and alternating erase magic and acid rain. If I get lucky I take like 10-15 hp off him per 14 seconds. It's really annoying and eventually I just stopped. The octopus I can't seem to do anything useful. He just kills me pretty quick.

MBR

Banned
Bah. I can't beat the monkey king or the octopus. I have pink gloves, red gloves, silver sword, the lightweight armor and both grimoires. Just can't seem to do it. :( Any tips? Best I can do with the monkey king is
get behind him while wearing the pink gloves and alternating erase magic and acid rain. If I get lucky I take like 10-15 hp off him per 14 seconds. It's really annoying and eventually I just stopped. The octopus I can't seem to do anything useful. He just kills me pretty quick.
Octopus:
Wear pink gloves, run up to him, hit him once or twice, then teleport. Repeat, and just jump on him like crazy to regen (Make sure you've got the desert bird feather) while waiting for teleport to cool down.

The monkey was so much easier after beating octopus.

marrec

Banned

I had to up my health quite a bit (up to 228 now) and use a few health potions. After that the Octo King went down pretty quickly and then I tackled the Monkey dude.

IZZO

Neo Member
Man the teapot takes ages to kill. i think i've been at it for an hour more or less and he is still a bit over 50% health. i'm using the scythe as my weapon and i have the xenopherydon claw. so the damage is 21 x 2.

I hope the reward for killing the teapot is worth it.

batbeg

Crown with Obsidion Jewels + Teleport =

tentacleuckcd.png

Just been letting it run and rack up the candies for a little bit here.

garath

Octopus:
Wear pink gloves, run up to him, hit him once or twice, then teleport. Repeat, and just jump on him like crazy to regen (Make sure you've got the desert bird feather) while waiting for teleport to cool down.

The monkey was so much easier after beating octopus.

I had to up my health quite a bit (up to 228 now) and use a few health potions. After that the Octo King went down pretty quickly and then I tackled the Monkey dude.

Awesome. That was it. Thanks a bunch guys. Once Octo went down it was gravy from there. Got through forest np.

aravuus

Crown with Obsidion Jewels + Teleport =

tentacleuckcd.png

Just been letting it run and rack up the candies for a little bit here.

Don't you have to get to the end to actually get the candy? Unless there's a way to remove summoned octopuses. I stopped using the crown after the octopuses fucked up a couple of quests by blocking me.

Vhalyar

any tips for getting past the castle gates?

Black Demons spell off the Grimoire from the Hole location. It wipes them in a single pass and you easily regenerate the lost HP with the pink gloves. Try jumping above the knights at the end otherwise you might be murdered there.

Kouriozan

Don't you have to get to the end to actually get the candy? Unless there's a way to remove summoned octopuses. I stopped using the crown after the octopuses fucked up a couple of quests by blocking me.

You can easily jump on them :)

FillerB

Doesn't work, unfortunately.

Haven't got a pogo stick, which actually reminds me: where are you supposed to get it?

there is something on the map in the mountains that doesn't belong.

Own question regarding the tower:
I got the L-stone and inserted it into the thing at the top.... Now what?

Finished it, not much grinding needed at all (except for the
teapot
and that's not even necessary). Easier than the first one, but more enjoyable puzzle-wise.

Own question regarding the tower:
I got the L-stone and inserted it into the thing at the top.... Now what?

You need the other three stones. They're pretty much where you'd except them to be (mostly the big bosses).

FillerB

How many candies does the candiest person in the world possess?

It is
You. You are the Candiest Person in the world.

Finished it, not much grinding needed at all (except for the
teapot
and that's not even necessary). Easier than the first one, but more enjoyable puzzle-wise.

You need the other three stones. They're pretty much where you'd except them to be (mostly the big bosses).

D'oh. Got the second. Only
The Devil and the Developer
to go.

garath

Hmm.. can't seem to figure out how to get 2 of the chests in the hole. One I get stuck in the little gap to get down it (too fat???) and the other I can't hop the 8 or so spikes that block the way to it. :(

FillerB

Hmm.. can't seem to figure out how to get 2 of the chests in the hole. One I get stuck in the little gap to get down it (too fat???) and the other I can't hop the 8 or so spikes that block the way to it. :(

Sponge from the bottom of the ocean and a certain potion

Askani

I have never heard of the first one before.

After seeing this one, I'm going to lose alot of time to this...aren't I?

Top Bottom