• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin -Saturday September 16th |OT| This is Boxing

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Typical bullshit with the ridiculous score card that always sticks out like a sore thumb.

GGG won it, and will win it again.

This is boxing, sadly.

GGG got fucked over, holy shit throw that one judge to the curb and fuck the draw. Canelo was not even close, bitch looks like he is about to cry right now and GGG just straight up looks confused.

Heel

118-110 Canelo is ridiculous but I told you guys like I always do with these things . That was a close fucking fight. You don't automatically lose a round because you are backing up. And you don't automatically win a round because you are aggressive. Both guys exchanged at a pretty close clip. Canelo put in work on the body.

Competitive fight, didn't really show up on my scorecard. Gave Canelo the 2nd and 12th.

Pastry

Banned
I dunno about a draw but it was a lot closer than people here were giving credit for with their scorecards. It was in no way a runaway GGG fight.

qazqaNii

Before the game I told my father that this would end in a draw and get a rematch for all the money, he told me to gtfo, now.. wtf. I thought GGG won that.

118-110 RLY?

smurfx

get some go again
did canelo fuck up his weight cutting or something? dude looked gassed way too early. i hope he gets in better shape for the rematch.

118-110 seems really fucking off, but I don't think it's impossible. Canelo did have the much cleaner boxer, and ring control doesn't really count if it's not contested, which is what I'm assuming the judge in question had in mind.

Fox318

118-110 Canelo is ridiculous but I told you guys like I always do with these things . That was a close fucking fight. You don't automatically lose a round because you are backing up. And you don't automatically win a round because you are aggressive. Both guys exchanged at a pretty close clip. Canelo put in work on the body.
While this is true that wasn't the case in this fight.

It's why MMA is taking over.

Tubie

giphy.webp

Part 2 baby!

I fucking jinxed this shit.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Canelo IMO was landing higher quality shots and counters. GGG kept the pressure and threw a lot and landed enough. It kind of is a more technical Mayweather v. Maidana 1.

Syder

GGG clearly won at least two more rounds than Canelo did, could also make the argument that GGG was 3 or 4 rounds up.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
That's the thing with boxing, all of the thrill gets sucked out by one judge's card just being beyond bullshit.

I'm not buying the rematch.

FourMyle

That fight kind of sucked. Neither had enough punching power to knock the other one out and neither was technical enough to really outclass the other one with skills. Just a shitty fight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I already miss Mayweather lol.

Dierce

Man, I feel so bad for GGG. He roped Canelo for most of the match and deserved to win. This draw is such bullshit and only reinforces when people say boxing is rigged because of these judges.

LJ11

A draw is fine, but that score is nuts. GGG kept coming, knew he had to finish if he wanted the W. The score is what will stand out, if it wasn't so skewed I think it would be fine, but that number is too much. Seems like that shit was in the bag.

Top Bottom