• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't connect to Xbox Live

Tiktaalik

When I run the connection test I can connect to everything but it fails at Xbox Live, and I can't download the update. I checked around the Xbox Live support page, but there seems to be absolutely nothing about my specific problem.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

Sometimes when I try to connect to get the update my xbox will hang too and my MSN connection will drop out. Bizarre.

Shamrock

Banned
Well two things.

If you are not using a router then you need to reset/power cycle your modem every time you switch between PC/360.

If you are using a router, first try resetting your router and modem. Then if that doesn't work it may just be that your using a router that is not compatible with live. Check Xbox.com under support and they have a list of approved routers. I highly doubt that the problem is a strict or moderate NAT (ie ports not forwarded) because you would still be able to connect to live at the minimum.

bran

Did you read the status text for the reason of it not connecting? You might have got banned.

I had a very similar problem like this the other day.

What I did was that I turned off my router and modem then I let it sit there off for about 30-45 seconds then I turned on the router and I let it get functioned all the way until I turn on the modem. Sit there for a moment and connect to XBL.

Top Bottom