• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is ending the Xbox Ambassador Program

Does this relate to people like ColtEastwood and RandAlThor?

While I’ve not owned an Xbox since the 360 it’s kinda sad to see Xbox winding down.

They’ve been a big piece of the gaming furniture since 2001.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Does this affect all these toxic xbox centric channels and twitter accounts ??
Live reaction:

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

JTCx

I was going to say, the fact that they all disappeared in unison after relentlessly shilling for years is not a coincidence.

Either that or they were all the same person. Neither would surprise me to be honest.
There were definitely lots of alts running around from that side.

A "very reliable" little birdie told me that there a handful of Xbox Ambassadors on resetera and some of whom are moderators.

Don't know to what extent this is true. Frankly I just brushed it off and went about my business. Don't think any collusion would have occurred but still, very interesting how corporate PR operates even in the digital age.

I'm sure Nintendo and Sony would have their own program too. No saints here. All vested interests looking to push propaganda and positive WoM.

KINGMOKU

Can't be an ambassador for a console thats practically dead. "Everyone plays together."

Yeah, kiss my ass for forcing me to play with PC players, ya pricks. I bought a console to avoid that shit.

Man, I do not look forward to eating another console manufacturers shit. What am I staring down the barrel with Sony? Still gotta decide which PS to buy seeing as how BO6 is still cross-gen.

150$ PS4 500$ PS5 700$ PS5.5

But then no one will be saying nice things about Xbox.

Sadly, the big media who still worship Xbox (Paul Tassi, Digital Foundry (aside from John), Tom Warren, Ryan McCaffery, Destin Legaire etc.) aren't going to be affected. They're grandfathered Ambassadors for life...

...or at least until the websites they write for go bankrupt.

A "very reliable" little birdie told me that there a handful of Xbox Ambassadors on resetera and some of whom are moderators.

Don't know to what extent this is true. Frankly I just brushed it off and went about my business. Don't think any collusion would have occurred but still, very interesting how corporate PR operates even in the digital age.

I'm sure Nintendo and Sony would have their own program too. No saints here. All vested interests looking to push propaganda and positive WoM.

AFAIK Nintendo and Sony don't really have programs like it, but in the past Sony did have something kind of like it. However, their version was way less prolific (and egregious) than what Microsoft eventually did (it was also way back in the PS3 era).

As to the other stuff...you might be interested to hear that both Major Nelson and Phil Spencer have ResetERA accounts. The latter I'd have to find proof of, but someone a while back did post a screenshot IIRC. He just barely uses the account of course, surprised he never had interns do it like for his Xbox account to play those games.

Also Judge (one of Reset's moderators) is a straight-up Ambassador; people found his Twitter with the proof. They likely aren't alone. "Interesting" indeed.

Last edited:
Can't be an ambassador for a console thats practically dead. "Everyone plays together."

Yeah, kiss my ass for forcing me to play with PC players, ya pricks. I bought a console to avoid that shit.

Man, I do not look forward to eating another console manufacturers shit. What am I staring down the barrel with Sony? Still gotta decide which PS to buy seeing as how BO6 is still cross-gen.

150$ PS4 500$ PS5 700$ PS5.5
Shame there isn't a button in the settings you could just toggle.
Sad Are You Afraid Of The Dark GIF by NickRewind

I get your point, but you whining about something that is completely in your control speak volumes on how much you know about the console you are using.
Some games even give you the option to turn it off in the menus.

Last edited:

DJ12

Lol shills are being phased out, they're not useful anymore 🤷‍♂️
Went to hard against the PS5 pro, I expect Sony called MS and said, "we know what you're trying to do, if you want that publisher agreement to sell your shit, you better stop"

Bite Saying GIF by Eternal Family

(I jest obviously, this has been on the cards since before "just these 4 games")

Last edited:

Nydius

To this day I have no idea what the ambassador's program is supposed to be and don't know a single person that was a part of it.

Hi, I was a part of it! Now you know one.

For most of us, it was just a pointless diversion. It was like Xbox Wire news articles where we'd get "points" for reading them, and those "points" turned into rewards (the vast majority of which were just sweepstakes entry tickets).

"Here's how we're adding more accessibility features to Forza Motorsport!"
Thanks for reading, here's 80xp to your next level.

It really wasn't anything special and no, we didn't get paid or anything to go running off to social media and shill for Xbox games or products. In the years I was signed up, I never won anything and only ever got two months of Game Pass Ultimate for 'completing' a three month season. Paid people like ColtEastwood were probably members of the program, but they were paid shills outside of it.

It reminded me of Xbox's failed Xbox Live Diamond program back in the X360 days.
Also utterly useless.

Top Bottom