• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2015 (Dec 6th at PSX) | Concluding the SF4 Era With A $250,000 Tournament

Fraud's among us!

The beat the beat the beat the beat's in my head!
latest

colorswap.php

Amazing art here. It should be a fun time watching this unfold. I think the US players are going home early though, which is unfortunate.

Skilletor

Those drawings are legit as fuck.

Definitely think this is the last SF4 tourney that matters, but I don't think the game is dead after this. You don't go from 2000 competitors to zero for the big tourney.

Having a bunch of friends over on Sunday with pizza, wings, and other foods terrible for you to watch this game go down in style. Hopefully with no Elena mirrors in top 8.

A fun little fact I just noticed a few weeks ago. When Combofiend announced the prize pot(again) for Capcom Cup on the Capcom Unity page a few weeks ago their was a slight difference in the numbers. Everything was the same except 1st place which was 125k instead of 120k. I was curious about that so I checked the numbers again. When you add up all the numbers for the Premier Events it totaled up to 245k. With Capcom Cup suppsedly paying out 250k, that actually totaled up to 495k instead of the 500k that they've been touting since last years Capcom Cup.

I guess someone finally noticed that mathematical error and added another 5k to Capcom Cup(all going to 1st place only). So the actual total is 255k for Capcom Cup to make the 500k pay out for the year truly accurate now. Keep in mind that the only time it says 125k for 1st place is on the Unity page posted by Combofiend. Everywhere else including the Capcom Pro Tour website it still says 120k for 1st and 495k overall when you add everything up.

I just can't wait for all of GAF tears when daigo losses. Yall know it's happening, but keep lying to yourself every damn tournament thinking things would be different this time around!

"not even I could stand behind that."

It's the feel-good story of the year. Game releases and people largely dismiss the character as ass only for her to actually be one of the best in the game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I just can't wait for all of GAF tears when daigo losses. Yall know it's happening, but keep lying to yourself every damn tournament thinking things would be different this time around!

I don't think anybody seriously thinks Daigo is going to win this. Plenty of people *want* him to win, but nobody with any sense actually believes that will occur.

"not even I could stand behind that."

It's the feel-good story of the year. Game releases and people largely dismiss the character as ass only for her to actually be one of the best in the game.

I picked her up day one and knew that something was fishy when my tournament records got a lot better immediately afterwards

Elena being polished into a top tier character is the best thing to happen in USF4. I hope all 32 players use Elena primarily.

Oh god why?
She was never seen as "ass". She had and still has a crazy hurtbox. Then they kinda fixed her but made some of her combos tougher and the cr LP to combo to healing ultra meta became trolling turned legit strategy.

Sinatar

What's wrong with Elena?

1. Her hitbox is completely fucked, so combos that work on every other character whiff on her.
2. Her combos are incredibly easy to hit confirm off of (Low jab is *insane*) and do lots of damage
3. Healing. Fucking healing.

tqprE8x.gif

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
1. Her hitbox is completely fucked, so combos that work on every other character whiff on her.
2. Her combos are incredibly easy to hit confirm off of (Low jab is *insane*) and do lots of damage
3. Healing. Fucking healing.

tqprE8x.gif

4. the beat....that beat just gets in your head

No ones watching this tournament to see who is going to win. Everyone watching to if daigo is washed or nah.

I kid I kid...

pablito

Let's go USA
lol

Let's go Gamerbee
Adon though

Let's go Infiltration
if the other 2 don't happen

I don't think anybody seriously thinks Daigo is going to win this. Plenty of people *want* him to win, but nobody with any sense actually believes that will occur.

I'm not naive enough to take him against the field, but nobody would take any player against the field. He should be considered one of the favorites and his performance this year has proved that, even in 2/3 tournaments(won 2 Premier events in very stacked tournaments) where people seem to doubt him nowadays. I want Daigo to win more than anyone else, but even if he doesn't his chances are as good as Infiltration, Momochi, or Gamerbee because he's still that good.

If it's xian vs gamerbee, it's not going to be elena vs elena. The last time they played it was a counterpick festival. First it was Xian Sagat vs Gamerbee Elena, then Xian switched to Poison to beat Gamerbee's Sagat and then Gamerbee switched to Yun to beat Xian's poison.

Street fighter!

pablito

Hold up we still have one more SF5 character reveal right? Another original? Are we getting it during the tournament?

JayEH

I would like America to make top 8 but I don't think it will happen. Hoping for infiltration to win the whole thing.

kirblar

The problems with Elena are her hurtbox and her ability to use only one button in close-range footsies.

Fix those and the character isn't an issue (even w/ healing.)

Nachtmaer

Has he ever lost to Dieminion?

I think there was at least one tournament where Dieminion went on a rampage and knocked out a lot of Japanese players. I think it was a CEO or EVO and Daigo could have been one them. I think he has a fair chance against Daigo.

I'd like to see the US players do well, but my bets are still on Tokido. He's been the bridesmaid too many times and he has to be hungry. His Akuma leveled up a lot after the vortex became less reliable. I'd say either him or Bonchan.

Sinatar

Di3mini0n has only fought Daigo once in USF4 (Red Bull Kumite), he lost. If you want to include AE, he fought him one other time (25th anniversary) and lost as well.

Top Bottom