• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2015 (Dec 6th at PSX) | Concluding the SF4 Era With A $250,000 Tournament

Coda

Get hype!

ActualFeistyBettong.gif

"not even I could stand behind that."

It's the feel-good story of the year. Game releases and people largely dismiss the character as ass only for her to actually be one of the best in the game.

Nobody thought she was ass. Everybody just assumed that at some stage Capcom would finish making her and she wouldn't be as strong.

V-Faction

Never been a fan of switching rounds between brackets. Either go 2/3 all the way to Winner/Losers/Grand Finals, or make the whole event 3/5. Just feels shitty for the players.

I understand the time constraint, but... this is THE tournament for SFIV. Why not give it, and its players, its due?

Skilletor

Never been a fan of switching rounds between brackets. Either go 2/3 all the way to Winner/Losers/Grand Finals, or make the whole event 3/5. Just feels shitty for the players.

I understand the time constraint, but... this is THE tournament for SFIV. Why not give it, and its players, its due?

Growing pains, imo.

Maybe next year it will be a two day event, or maybe SF5 won't take as long as SF4 to finish.

They still have to get done in time because they have a time limit on the event. If it were two days there'd be no excuse.

I'm looking at the schedule.

8OH95A3.png

Clearly they have time but they want to have an analyst desk instead.

I'm hoping for Infiltration and Gamerbee Grand Finals.

F Daigo.

So now that's 2 things you've said that I was okay with. You're down to a 9/10 on my hate list! Good job keep up the good work Line!

Line_HTX

Clearly they have time but they want to have an analyst desk instead.

So now that's 2 things you've said that I was okay with. You're down to a 9/10 on my hate list! Good job keep up the good work Line!

Pls... Why don't you go do commentary like how Troy Aikman does it?

DeKappa

I wonder how character variety will play out in top 8 given the elena matchup. SF4 has enjoyed relative parity in character usage, but $120k makes things more....urgent.

2/3?
Daigo is fucked :(
I really wanted him to close out the SFIV chapter.
Bonchan senpai, it's up to you.

I wonder how character variety will play out in top 8 given the elena matchup. SF4 has enjoyed relative parity in character usage, but $120k makes things more....urgent.

120K on the line will cause an Elena fest.

petghost

Banned
If daigo wins this I think that makes him the strongest sf4 player of all time. If someone else does it's up in the air. Maybe infil.

Malice215

3/5 for top 16 is more than enough. If your favorite player can't win 2 games to make it into top 16, boo hoo. I'm already going to be up til 1AM watching this. How long does this event really need to last? People got work on Monday.

If Daigo wins in round 1, his possible opponents are Tokido in round 2 and Infiltration in round 3. He'll be Daigod if he makes it through that. I do want to see him in the grand finals to close out USF4, but he still getting bopped.

Just give me anything but Elena Fighter 4 closing out USF4 and I'll be happy.

vulva

To anyone wanting to place bets on Capcom Cup

If you want to place a fun cash bet (paypal as the payment method) just PM me or quote me if you want to place a bet where you pick a horse to win it all.

If my choice wins, you pay me.
If your choice wins, I pay you
If neither wins, no money exchanged.

I'm picking Momochi :) Let me know if you're interested!

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
On Team Momochi and Team JWong. Hoping for a top 3 of Momochi, Daigo, and Infiltration. Momochi goes through Winner's Finals, Daigo knocks Infiltration into losers and then eliminates him, and we get Momochi vs Daigo for it all. Their last match was the single greatest Street Fighter 4 match I have ever seen; and I want the game to go out on a match like that.

FACE

Banned
To anyone wanting to place bets on Capcom Cup

If you want to place a fun cash bet (paypal as the payment method) just PM me or quote me if you want to place a bet where you pick a horse to win it all.

If my choice wins, you pay me.
If your choice wins, I pay you
If neither wins, no money exchanged.

I'm picking Momochi :) Let me know if you're interested!

I'll bet $10(would bet more, but exchange rates are outta control atm) on Tokido.

Finally we're going to put an end to SF4.

Ultra Combos
Elena/Rolento
FADC

You won't be missed.

I'm going with Gamerbee, Momochi has been acting too crazy in the past few tournaments.

What's wrong with Elena?

She's basically Second Impact.

Line_HTX

No more FADC and all these other one frame link BS... Finally.

Give Ultra a proper sendoff with a BANG! One last time.

I have Infiltration winning.

But I want Gamerbee to heal his way to the championship.

Gonna need that Infiltration hug of "I know that feel" from EVO again...

Damnit, just tearing up at the end... T_T

Top Bottom