• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2015 (Dec 6th at PSX) | Concluding the SF4 Era With A $250,000 Tournament

Xian is pretty difficult to predict. A lot of him have as one of the likely winners, but he doesn't do well in tournaments that are this stacked.

Marz

last year his path was beating out of practice infiltration and a daigo who was winging it.

I think more recent tournaments are more relevant to this discussion. Like Ultra Hyakkishu Cup

Oh like winning Final Round this year with tons of killers in attendance?

Or winning 2 other premier events this year?

Oh like winning Final Round this year with tons of killers in attendance?

Or winning 2 other premier events this year?

Do you think Dreamhack Winter was as stacked as Canada Cup this year?

Kuwait Fighting Game Festival or CPTA?

I'm not saying Xian doesn't have a chance. He can win. What I'm saying he's not the favorite to win this.

jwillenn

So I'm watching SFV stream on Capcom Fighters...

Someone please explain what is up with this skeesonic hate these days?

jwillenn

I mean it's one thing to not like him, or to be indifferent. I've always enjoyed his presence.

But why are these folks acting as though he did some serious harm to them or something? Did he say something controversial or something?

kirblar

So I'm watching SFV stream on Capcom Fighters...

Someone please explain what is up with this skeesonic hate these days?
It's mostly a meme at this point, he was legitimately terrible years back but has stepped his game up. (credit to him for recognizing that people weren't just being assholes to be assholes.)

I mean it's one thing to not like him, or to be indifferent. I've always enjoyed his presence.

But why are these folks acting as though he did some serious harm to them or something? Did he say something controversial or something?

it was spawned from some lie about him tattling on gootecks for being high on drugs while doing commentary. stream monsters, due to excellent adventures love gootecks, so skisonic became the enemy.

The stream monsters need something to hate on. If there's no women on stream, they latch on to Skisonic

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Skisonic has some legitimately dumb stuff. Like what is a 'Naked OS'?

He has a good voice, I just don't understand why people like to hear him doing high level commentary. Its my same thoughts with Persia but at least she is trying hard to improve her analysis of the game and not come up with stuff like Ski does.

crash-14

oh my god, bet365 has odds for capcom cup

dashio's and misse's odds are overvalued tbh

Why not for Europe? Mago and Daigo are also overvalued imo.

If I had to do an odd I'll put Mago, Daigo and Kazunoko Together. The last one has the bigger risk.

Posible surprises I'll also go with Problem X. Imo out of all europeans he's the one with bigger chance to defeat Luffy (And their sets are always close).

pixelish

Why not for Europe? Mago and Daigo are also overvalued imo.

If I had to do an odd I'll put Mago, Daigo and Kazunoko Together. The last one has the bigger risk.

Posible surprises I'll also go with Problem X. Imo out of all europeans he's the one with bigger chance to defeat Luffy (And their sets are always close).

i tried doing a safe and comfy accumulator with momochi, poongko, mago, xian, gamerbee, infil, tokido, luffy and kaz winning their respective matches and i only got an odd of 6.09.

El Sloth

Banned
Reposting my fantasy brackets here:

C4Lo03S.png

9rx3Ob7.png

Other people interested in making their own can go here: http://www.maxoplata.net/fantasy/capcomcup2015

I really hope Infiltration goes all the way. I still think he's the strongest SF4 player, and that winning CCup would be a fine way of proving SF4 is his game.

I wouldn't mind if Gamerbee went all the way as well. Bruce deserves a championship already dammit!

I'd really love to see both Dieminion and Snake make it into the Top 8.
Elena being polished into a top tier character is the best thing to happen in USF4. I hope all 32 players use Elena primarily.
Agreed. Way better than AE Yun, E. Ryu, or Cammy.

crash-14

i tried doing a safe and comfy accumulator with momochi, poongko, mago, xian, gamerbee, infil, tokido, luffy and kaz winning their respective matches and i only got an odd of 6.09.

With the odds value I almost think it's good. putting 10$ and winning 50 for something that most likely has to happen. Put 30$ and then it's 150$

Why not Daigo?

Also those Capcom World Warriors videos have Valmaster without the YP. Guess he won't be able to represent them. Pretty sad...

Do you think Dreamhack Winter was as stacked as Canada Cup this year?

Kuwait Fighting Game Festival or CPTA?

I'm not saying Xian doesn't have a chance. He can win. What I'm saying he's not the favorite to win this.

Yeah, although I do think you're underrating him a bit here, I still think his reputation has been overvalued recently due to performing well in premier tournaments that did not feature a lot of players that are on his level.

Kuwait - Daigo, Infiltration, Bonchan, Momochi, Gamerbee, Tokido, and Kazunoko did not enter.
Dreamhack - Daigo, Infiltration, Bonchan, Momochi, Tokido, Gamerbee, and Kazunoko did not enter
Milan - Daigo, Infiltration, Bonchan, Momochi, Tokido, Gamerbee, and Kazunoko did not enter.

He got top 2 in all 3 of these Premier tournaments. Because of this, his reputation has sky rocketed past a couple of players for the simple fact that he's the only player that has won 3 premiers. That's not to say he isn't one of the best players out there or that he hasn't performed well at stacked events. He obviously has with Final Round, Topanga World, etc... but he's still been overvalued recently. It's not just Xian though, a couple of players' consistency has been inflated a bit due to getting top placings at ranking events. People aren't taking into account how much tougher certain events are when factoring consistency.

vulva

Yeah, although I do think you're underrating him a bit here, I still think his reputation has been overvalued recently due to performing well in premier tournaments that did not feature a lot of players that are on his level.

Kuwait - Daigo, Infiltration, Bonchan, Momochi, Gamerbee, Tokido, and Kazunoko did not enter.
Dreamhack - Daigo, Infiltration, Bonchan, Momochi, Tokido, Gamerbee, and Kazunoko did not enter
Milan - Daigo, Infiltration, Bonchan, Momochi, Tokido, Gamerbee, and Kazunoko did not enter.

He got top 2 in all 3 of these Premier tournaments. Because of this, his reputation has sky rocketed past a couple of players for the simple fact that he's the only player that has won 3 premiers. That's not to say he isn't one of the best players out there or that he hasn't performed well at stacked events. He obviously has with Final Round, Topanga World, etc... but he's still been overvalued recently. It's not just Xian though, a couple of players' consistency has been inflated a bit due to getting top placings at ranking events. People aren't taking into account how much tougher certain events are when factoring consistency.

When are you changing your avatar to this?
fallen_angels3.jpg

You don't even need to weigh it. They're just not factoring in all the events. Xian is the most traveled player of 2015. I don't think there's a player that's been to more premier events than he has. If he were really that consistent, he would be number one seed on the CPT boards simply based on participation.

Top Bottom