• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM CUP 2016 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 2-3 | WHENS MAHVEL?

JayEH

I bet Capcom nerfed Mika just so she wouldn't get on ESPN anymore.

ohhh.png

Trickster

I hope fuudo manages to win. Because if the changes in the akuma build go live, she aint never winning a major tournament again :(

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The Xmas costume is okay. It's shorts and a sports bra. I think.

Not like it matters though, Mika is dead now. Virtually deleted from the roster, because fuck you Ono.
The beach outfit is the most buttoned up one lol

FluxWaveZ

I watch SFV sometimes but I don't play it, can someone explain real quick why Mika's dead now?

Nerfs from the PSX 2016 build of the game today. Will change a lot about how she's played for the worse, if they stick.

When you see a Mika back away after throwing the opponent across the screen so they bounce away from the wall; that's gone (unless the opponent hits the corner).

Other stuff like worse frame data, too.

"Dead" is hyperbole, for now.

I watch SFV sometimes but I don't play it, can someone explain real quick why Mika's dead now?

She got a few nerfs and some Mika mains are shitting themselves at the prospect of their character being weaker. We don't know if the nerfs are going through, or what else has been changed in relation to other characters or the system itself, so it's kneejerking/reactions to nerfs like in any fighting game.

Tecl0n

There is a new version of the game (which includes Akuma, first Season 2 character) on PSX floor, and it comes with balance readjustments. First hand Mika experience seems to not be positive. (it may easily be hyperbole)

Zackat

the move where she throws the opponent into the wall and they bounce back is getting nerfed so you can only do it in the corner and not from midscreen. There are some other things, but that's the big one.

this build may not be final though so

Top Bottom