• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom might reconsider its $70 price strategy following moderate reception of Dragon's Dogma 2

Little Mac

Gold Member
I never played it or the original so it was always a wait and see for me. When players started mentioning performance issues, having just bought a PS5 slim, it was a deal breaker for me.

I’m currently taking a break from Helldivers 2 and started playing through Ghost of Tsushima and despite its age and being a cross gen title, it’s soooooooooo fucking beautiful and runs amazing on the PS5. After playing Ghost, I feel spoiled.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Moderately received thanks largely to the terrible story and middling content. It was underbaked and under-delivered, they clearly over estimated its sales but its pricing wasn’t the issue.
I hope they listen to the complaints because it seems they didnt learn a thing from DD1

Kenpachii

lower the price to 40, remove drm, fix performance. And i will give it a try on day one. If not will wait for a discount to 20 bucks in a few months.

Honestly, I prefer $60 with MTXs than a $70 without.

Given my PSN account is a UK one, and with me living in Canada, I'm having to pay horseshit GBP70 pricing in fucking CAD (i.e. x1.7). It's bullshit!

yurinka

To set a different pricing depending on the game is something that Capcom has been doing for generations, isn't something new.

It's easy for people to say "$70 is cheap for me..." when they only buy a handful of games per year, but for those who buy lots of games, it adds up. Also, to put it in context, $70 for a highly anticipated game is not going to be a problem for most people, but paying that much for a impulse buy/ unknown random game? I don't think most want to do that, and I sure as hell ain't doing it.

Game looked like a recycled version of the first
Looked like a recycle? Man, it may as well have been called a remake. The same gameplay the same plot the same intro. I got a few hours in and promptly traded in my copy to GameStop. Biggest disappointment in years and they think the price was a factor.

LRKD

One of the main reasons, despite having DD1 on every console, I haven't bought the second game still. I'm not paying $70, I don't care if it's the greatest game ever, I just think it's wrong for companies to increase the price. I also think it's mega lame that they don't have the same height slider from the first game. Plus Capcom is kind of woke so, even more reason not to buy their games directly, that is probably the reason height slider was changed tbh.

proandrad

They should reconsider how they develop their game. Gamers don’t fall for the pretty graphics in a trailer anymore. There is a new standard in performance that has to be hit before before graphics should become the focus. And if you can’t hit 60fps you better make sure it’s a rock solid 30 with perfect frame pacing.

Top Bottom