• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonogunn

Marvel seems to pretty good at giving the fans what they want. Why don't they hear us when we complain about villains bring killed off?????

i was so hyped when they first teased Von strucker. Looked like they chose a good actor to play the part and BAM dead ind the first act of avengers 2. I have the same hype for
crossbones and hearing these potential spoilers makes me sad. What a waste

Black Panther and Winter Soldier stunt doubles on set in Berlin:

vWwsysJ.jpg

Scar Jo back in the wig? Noo! I need my short hair Widow.

And now back to my normal whining that I have been doing for months: where are my Zemo costume pics?! Nothing matters more than that.

Didn't know who he was so I looked at his profile. The guy who played Lauda I thought. Then I saw Inglouries Basterds and only then realized where I had seen him before. I was a bit mind blown.

Holy hell I never even realized he was the movie sniper guy in Basterds.

Xion385

It's been 24 hours and still no leak of the footage and/or Doctor Strange concept art? Disappointed in you, internet.
Daniel Bruhl is actually the same nazi character from inglorious basterds. Inglorious basterds part of the mcu confirmed.
Tarantinoverse part of the MCU confirmed. Jules Winnfield was Nick Fury's alias and Ringo's real name was Emil Blonski. Golden object in the suitcase is the Infinity Gaunlet. Lt. Aldo Raine helped Cap defeat Hydra by taking down the Nazis.

Good lord, look at that cast, size and quality ... i can only imagine that the
Infinity Wars
movies will be among if not the most expensive movies for quite some time.

Not that i mind that, good cast > budget constrained cast, and they still give some youngsters a chance.

He's going to make more money than Cap in said Cap film. So yeah, with his ego, I doubt that last. But who knows though he's basically a supporting role.

I would think he'd get the last billing - the one usually reserved for Extra Super Duper Special Guest Appearance By (tm)...

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/17/d23-captain-america-civil-war-looks-amazing

Devin Faraci on the D23 footage:

The Captain America: Civil War presentation at D23 this weekend seemed constructed to assuage all your concerns about the upcoming film about the First Avenger. Systematically, piece by piece, the footage reaffirmed that yes, Bucky is a central figure in this story, that yes, the gritty fighting style of The Winter Soldier is back (if slightly modified) and that yes, this is in fact Captain America’s story, even if he’s surrounded by a whole bunch of friends. The footage shown was absolutely thrilling, and it really makes Civil War look like the superhero movie to beat in 2016.

One is the quote at the beginning of this piece, a delightfully Tony Stark-ian reply to Cap. At another point Stark says

“We have no boundaries. We’re no better than the bad guys,”

which points to a strong grounding for his position, especially coming after an off-screen voice says

“What would you call a group of enhanced individuals who inflict their will anywhere they choose?”

This alleviates the worry that Stark will just seem like a bad guy, and everything I know indicates that the script goes out of its way to present both sides as equally as possible when one guy’s name is in the title of the film.

The footage was, in my humble professional estimation, perfect. The action had the raw energy of Winter Soldier while feeling slightly enhanced, with a little more wire work. The fact that Bucky was front and center confirms that his arc will be important to the movie, not shoved aside. And the fact that Cap was the focus of every scene and every interaction lets us know that while he has a major guest cast, this is still his film.

As if my hype for this film isn't big enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom