• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Captain America
1) Captain America
2) Hawkeye
3) Falcon
4) Scarlet Witch
5) Ant-Man

Team Iron Man
1) Iron Man
2) The Vision
3) Spider-Man
4) Black Widow
5) War Machine
Bobby-Hill-Shakes-Head-Bikes-Away-King-of-the-Hill.gif

My guess is that when everyone is forced to register, they'll pull in Spider-Man. After him and Iron Man track down Cap and fight him, it'll conflict him and he'll argue with Tony about it and then switch sides. Either that, or he'll have a problem going public (for fear of MJ and his family getting targetted) and switch there.

Either way, I'm 99.9999999% positive he's going to start with Tony and end up with Steve.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
About what I expected. Someone's going to turn heel on Iron Man though, someone will have enough of enabling him.

edit: The split between Widow and Hawkeye is going to be hard to watch.

Pachimari

I'm gonna unsubscribe this thread. Didn't want to know the teams until the movie and luckily I read over most of it. It was actually more fun to me going into the Phase 1 movies when I didn't follow the production, than when I followed the production during Phase 2. But then again, the hype during production is exciting.

Anyway, can't wait for D23!

MajorMane

Hmm, what team would Thanos be on?
I say yes and spoiler them.

Edit: Unless they reveal them in a trailer.

Team Thanos
1. Thanos
2. Mom of Thanos
3. Baby Thanos
4. Dog of Thanos
5. A guy who suspiciously looks like Thanos with a fake mustache

Also, would agree with putting the teams in the OP with some sort of spoiler protection.

Blader

Damn that spoiler teasing at the top of the page! So tempted...

If that team breakdown is true, that would debunk the earlier rumor about
Tony having Widow locked up as a sort of power play, to demonstrate he's not fucking around with registration.

Neoxon

ComicBook supposedly has some details on the/one of the Spider-Man suit(s) in Civil War.
Despite rumors of a black and red suit a la Miles Morales, ComicBook.com has learned that there is at least one Spider-Man suit slated to appear in Captain America: Civil War that will feature the character's classic blue-and-red color scheme.

While Civil War in the comics introduced a Spider-Man who wore a red-and-gold number provided by Tony Stark (see below), the Civil War movie will bring an Avengers-friendly version of the traditional Spider-suit, complete with detailing reminiscent of costumes like Captain America's Avengers movie suits.

The blue is a darker color, not unlike what we saw in The Amazing Spider-Man, so it's not entirely impossible that the costume we're hearing about could be the same one somebody is reporting as black. Of course, Avengers: Age of Ultron proved that we can have the same superhero wearing more than one costume in a movie, too, so who knows?

For now, though, we can say this with confidence: There's a version of the Spider-Man suit out there, which is absolutely blue and red with black webs.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Found this on reddit. Don't know if this is legit, but it certainly looks like something a 15 year old would make:

image.jpg1_zpsnicvnerb.jpg

tomtom94

Has any "leaked" image/trailer for a Marvel film turned out to be genuine? We've had fake Age of Ultron images and fake Civil War teasers already, for one thing.

Mariolee

So with Spidey in this film and then next year in his live action one, is his animated cartoon movie going to also be canon within the MCU?

So with Spidey in this film and then next year in his live action one, is his animated cartoon movie going to also be canon within the MCU?

While Tom Rothman said on stage that the film will “co-exist” with the live-action Spider-Man universe, the press release clarifies: “The film will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/spiderman-animated-movie/

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...-sokovia-accords-in-captain-america-civil-war

According to Heroic Hollywood, this is what sets off the Sokovia Accords in Civil War:

The rumor is, according to trusted sources, the international incident in the film involving the Avengers that results in collateral damage involves Captain America and Scarlet Witch who are trying to apprehend Crossbones. The only problem is that Crossbones is wearing a suicide vest full of nasty explosives. In order to protect the civilians on the ground, Captain America orders Scarlet Witch to levitate Crossbones above ground. She does and unfortunately is unable to contain the massive explosion that sets off near a populated building causing death and destruction.

E the Shaggy

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...-sokovia-accords-in-captain-america-civil-war

According to Heroic Hollywood, this is what sets off the Sokovia Accords in Civil War:

The rumor is, according to trusted sources, the international incident in the film involving the Avengers that results in collateral damage involves Captain America and Scarlet Witch who are trying to apprehend Crossbones. The only problem is that Crossbones is wearing a suicide vest full of nasty explosives. In order to protect the civilians on the ground, Captain America orders Scarlet Witch to levitate Crossbones above ground. She does and unfortunately is unable to contain the massive explosion that sets off near a populated building causing death and destruction.

Aww man.
I know there's 8 million characters in this movie, but I would hate it if Crossbones is axed in the first ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom