• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

No. We're going to see him in the first trailer. Marvel didn't get their crown jewel back just to leave him in the dark when the first trailer impressions are the one that lasts with everyone.

They're not saving him for the movie like they did with Vision. Once they show Spidey punching someone Marvel's already made a billion.
They already made a billion the second they announced that Iron Man would be in Civil War. Spider-Man is just icing on the cake.

danielcw

No. We're going to see him in the first trailer. Marvel didn't get their crown jewel back just to leave him in the dark when the first trailer impressions are the one that lasts with everyone.

They're not saving him for the movie like they did with Vision. Once they show Spidey punching someone Marvel's already made a billion.

But we saw Vision in a trailer, actually as the final icing on the cake.
Or the final mystery, if one has no idea who he is

danielcw

Seems like Scarlett Johansson had a accident while filming Civil War.
The german Stern reported this: http://mobil.stern.de/lifestyle/leu...en-zu-captain-america-in-leipzig-6414668.html

Seems like nothing that serious, but she could only lie on the stomach for a couple of day.
linked source: http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterh...286234,var=a,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

The gist of it:
Motorcycle accident during filming a stunt
Cycle slid away, Scarlett also slid along on her butt and her suit popped open
No serious injuries, had to lay down on her stomach for a day
Double used to finish the scene

Neoxon

You guys think this will perform better at the box office compared to AoU?
Had Civil War been branded as an Avengers movie then maybe. But since this is a Captain America movie, I don't think it will unless it has word-of-mouth that rivals that of Guardians'.

Dai101

Banned
Had Civil War been branded as an Avengers movie then maybe. But since this is a Captain America movie, I don't think it will unless it has word-of-mouth that rivals that of Guardians'.

The Winter Soldier duplicated the BO of The First Avenger. I can see Civil War going even further.

Quick

Banned
The Winter Soldier duplicated the BO of The First Avenger. I can see Civil War going even further.

Once the trailer comes out and everyone sees it as a team-up movie, it really won't need any word of mouth to mention that it features the majority of The Avengers on it.

Wait, what?

I'm probably wrong, but I swear I see beard and moustache here:
91x8C9Z.jpg

edit: I'm assuming that's Paul. Seems to tall to be Robert. Maybe I'm just tired.
edit2: I guess that's Downey's double then?

:( Booo... I wanted bearded Rudd.

Xion385

And to do that, the advertising has to be on-point & be just as good as Winter Soldier & Guardians.
They don't need good advertising. They just need Spider-Man in the trailer. Also, it's going to make a billion no problem. Whether it beats AoU is another question. I think it makes 1.4 billion.

Neoxon

They don't need good advertising. They just need Spider-Man in the trailer. Also, it's going to make a billion no problem. Whether it beats AoU is another question. I think it makes 1.4 billion.
But that's the thing, I think Spider-Man will be the equivalent to Vision in AoU. He's gonna be the trump card of the movie. As such, I doubt that they'll show any Spider-Man footage until the home stretch. I'd love to be wrong, but I feel like Marvel's gonna save Spidey as their ace-in-the-hole.

Xion385

But that's the thing, I think Spider-Man will be the equivalent to Vision in AoU. He's gonna be the trump card of the movie. As such, I doubt that they'll show any Spider-Man footage until the home stretch. I'd love to be wrong, but I feel like Marvel's gonna save Spidey as their ace-in-the-hole.
Like I said before. They ain't putting him in a corner. You know he's going to be web slinging in that first trailer or the Super Bowl trailer. They're not keeping him a surprise for the movie.

danielcw

So will the Spider-Man movie take place before or after Civil War?

I am still wondering how Civil War will be rebranded in Germany. I don't expect Captain America in the title, but a hint towards Avengers

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
He will be Spider-Man. We wont see a full fledged Origin. Confirmed by Feige.

Okay THATS some awesome news. I thought we would have to deal with another Origin story again...having him already be Spider-Man and kick some ass in Civil War will be great - hype intensives.

Still wonder how they will tie it together..if he already is Spider-Man it seems weird that the Avengers and Co. havent heard anything of him yet or he hasnt been referenced.

Will there be another MCU Movie pre Civil War where they could at least acknowledge him somehow ?

I will be honest- Winter Soldier and GotG were great movies but Age of Ultron was "just" good...havent seen Ant Man yet and was starting to get kinda bored on MCU. But with Spider-Man...he has been my favorite super hero since i was 4 or 5, hope he will shine in MCU.

cw_sasuke

only thing that could possible introduce him is SHIELD, but we all know that wont happen

Yeah that wont happent. But im talking more about small references like a news paper article claiming that that Spider-Man has been very active lately..etc.

Feels weird to drop him into MCU as "Spider-Man" without him being mentioned before considering how connected all the content is.

PS: Havent watched Shield yet....is the show good ?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
only thing that could possible introduce him is SHIELD, but we all know that wont happen
What about Daredevil? Spidey and Daredevil have a long friendship in the books and I dont think it was a coincident that the Punisher actor made a selfie with the Spidey actor so shortly before the shootings started.
And Spider-Man is first and foremost Streetlevel. It would fit and be another good advertisement for their importants IP.
Okay THATS some awesome news. I thought we would have to deal with another Origin story again...having him already be Spider-Man and kick some ass in Civil War will be great - hype intensives.

Still wonder how they will tie it together..if he already is Spider-Man it seems weird that the Avengers and Co. havent heard anything of him yet or he hasnt been referenced.

Will there be another MCU Movie pre Civil War where they could at least acknowledge him somehow ?

I will be honest- Winter Soldier and GotG were great movies but Age of Ultron was "just" good...havent seen Ant Man yet and was starting to get kinda bored on MCU. But with Spider-Man...he has been my favorite super hero since i was 4 or 5, hope he will shine in MCU.
Spidey was refered to by an reporter in Ant Man. Maybe he is just under the radar and is doing streetlevel stuff while the Bugle staff is chasing him...
Now where I think about it... It would be possible to link the reporter from Ant Man to the Bugle. Bäm, its all connected.

cw_sasuke

Spidey was refered to by an reporter in Ant Man. Maybe he is just under the radar and is doing streetlevel stuff while the Bugle staff is chasing him...
Now where I think about it... It would be possible to link the reporter from Ant Man to the Bugle. Bäm, its all connected.

Shit...now i need to watch Ant-Man.Was going to wait for the Blu Ray release...but maybe i will still watch it in the Theater.

iosefe

What about Daredevil? Spidey and Daredevil have a long friendship in the books and I dont think it was a coincident that the Punisher actor made a selfie with the Spidey actor so shortly before the shootings started.
And Spider-Man is first and foremost Streetlevel. It would fit and be another good advertisement for their importants IP.

i was unaware of the punisher photo. when does Daredevil return? or maybe Jessica Jones

and i believe that wasn't originally a spidey reference. it just so happened to line up and mean something now that we know Spidey is coming

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Shit...now i need to watch Ant-Man.Was going to wait for the Blu Ray release...but maybe i will still watch it in the Theater.
Its just a short mention, they dont call his name
"there is a guy who can crawl on walls

Dont go to the cinema when you only want it for Spider-Man. Ant Man is fucking great nonethelss, way better than Age of Ultron, I think its the second best Phase II movie.

i was unaware of the punisher photo. when does Daredevil return? or maybe Jessica Jones

and i believe that wasn't originally a spidey reference. it just so happened to line up and mean something now that we know Spidey is coming
No, the regisseur did a Spoilercast with Empire and he confirmed the Spider-Man reference.
Daredevil is supposed to return 6 months after Jessica... So this would be April.

danielcw

That's why I have been wondering, if the Spider-Man movie will be set before Civil War.

Maybe some flashbacks, or at least verbal call-backs.

They could also do his origins during the opening credits of Spider-Man, like they did on Incredible Hulk.
The comic book style recap at the beginning of the second Sam Raimi Spider-Man movie could also be used. During the opening credits, we saw comic book panels showing highlights from the previous movie, like a recap.

What about Daredevil? Spidey and Daredevil have a long friendship in the books
Daredevil's tone is not that kid-friendly, and I assume that would be reason not to go that route.

whipihguh

Banned
That's why I have been wondering, if the Spider-Man movie will be set before Civil War.

Maybe some flashbacks, or at least verbal call-backs.\

They could also do his origins during the opening credits of Spider-Man, like they did on Incredible Hulk.
The comic book style recap at the beginning of the second Sam Raimi Spider-Man movie could also be used. During the opening credits, we saw comic book panels showing highlights from the previous movie, like a recap.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say we'll see some of these things in the Spider-Man movie and it's sequels. They don't want to start from scratch again, but they could bring back origin flashbacks like the spider bite, Uncle Ben etc. if the story demands it. And that would be totally fine since audiences have seen Spider-Man's origins twice already. They know how he got his powers, they know about Uncle Ben, there's nothing there that's gonna surprise the audience.

I think the toughest thing Marvel's gotta do is to convince audiences to come to another Spider-Man reboot. I'm sure cameos of the Avengers in trailers will help significantly, but I'm unsure of how people are gonna reaction to yet another new Spider-Man. They're really gonna have to advertise it right.

Neoxon

I thought Marvel can't use Spider-Man in it's TV shows according to the deal with Sony?
I don't think the deal ever said that. The deal basically was that Spidey & his characters join the MCU, Marvel helps Sony with their Spider-Man films, & Marvel gets to use Spidey in whatever they do. So while Tom Holland himself may be too busy for TV, we could get someone like Mysterio on Daredevil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom