• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

obin_gam

So it appears Scarlet Witch will be neutral in Civil War?
A wildcard isn't neutral.

It's...
giphy.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
As someone who havent read the comics...does the Marvel Civil War in the comics have a clear winner and loser of the conflict ? Simple yes or no would be enough ...thanks ahead.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
As someone who havent read the comics...does the Marvel Civil War in the comics have a clear winner and loser of the conflict ? Simple yes or no would be enough ...thanks ahead.

in the comics the Imperius Rex wins but then they decide wait bro what are we doing...lets like chill and do it another way...my God it was like an afterschool special "The more you know" ending...ugh..still not as bad as the frontlines issue where the reporter tells captain america how things really are....ugh i puked everywhere.

At least Hydra made the most of the confusion at teh end of Civil War

What was terrible about it? I'm actually a fan of civil war and would like to know why so many others disliked it.

It all seemed so forced to me. Characters acting completely out of character. There's a few decent moments here and there but I didn't really like a lot of the dialogue either. I don't hate it but it's very forgettable.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
in the comics the Imperius Rex wins but then they decide wait bro what are we doing...lets like chill and do it another way...my God it was like an afterschool special "The more you know" ending...ugh..still not as bad as the frontlines issue where the reporter tells captain america how things really are....ugh i puked everywhere.

At least Hydra made the most of the confusion at teh end of Civil War
Didnt understand anything you just wrote :eek:

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Always bothered me because you think the other smarties would recognize that Pym's ideas weren't up to snuff. Nope apparently Skrulls can also mimic intelligence too.
I honestly disliked the idea that they didnt replaced a AAA character with a Skrull. Tony would have been a great idea.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New 'Captain America: Civil War' footage to be shown at AsiaPop Comicon Manila this Saturday

“What we’re doing is an exclusive screening of never-seen scenes from Captain America: Civil War and we’ll have Paul Bettany with a panel after that… so it kind of encompasses the new Marvel movie,” Magnus said.

It’s no secret that Filipinos are huge fans of the Marvel universe and Magnus said it's the “reason why we made the decision to come to Manila” and have Bettany tag along.

New rumors about Spidey from Heroic Hollywood regarding how long he's been around in the MCU.

According to sources, the latest rumor is that Peter Parker has been active as Spider-Man for a little over a year during the events of Captain America: Civil War.

In the upcoming 2017 Spider-Man standalone film, Peter Parker will have been active as Spider-Man for two years.

richiek

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=125218

AsiaPop Comiccon trailer description:

Iron Man fighting both Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

Iron Man throwing Cap, but not seeing Bucky and then getting subsequently punched in the face.

This is probably a misdirection, but Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow is apparently the rumored double agent and it sounds like she doublecrosses Cap. She is shown reporting to the government, including General Ross and Tony Stark, before her showdown with Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye.

More of the Black Widow/Hawkeye fight; Natasha looks to be in bad shape after Clint delivers a big blow

Vision fighting both Falcon & Scarlet Witch.

More of the scene where Ant-Man thanks Cap for letting him be a part of the team. This time, Scott apparently pulls a Peggy and massages Steve's pecs to feel how big they are at some point during the conversation.

Daniel Brühl's Baron Zemo makes an appearance.

Steve and Bucky hugging it out.

Neoxon

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=125218

AsiaPop Comiccon trailer description:

Iron Man fighting both Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

Iron Man throwing Cap, but not seeing Bucky and then getting subsequently punched in the face.

This is probably a misdirection, but Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow is apparently the rumored double agent and it sounds like she doublecrosses Cap. She is shown reporting to the government, including General Ross and Tony Stark, before her showdown with Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye.

More of the Black Widow/Hawkeye fight; Natasha looks to be in bad shape after Clint delivers a big blow

Vision fighting both Falcon & Scarlet Witch.

More of the scene where Ant-Man thanks Cap for letting him be a part of the team. This time, Scott apparently pulls a Peggy and massages Steve's pecs to feel how big they are at some point during the conversation.

Daniel Brühl's Baron Zemo makes an appearance.

Steve and Bucky hugging it out.
Marvel pls

richiek

‘Civil War’ Is The Final Act Of The Captain America Trilogy

But the second question is, what will this mean for the Avengers — and for the place of Captain America in future “Avengers” movies?

While at an LA event celebrating the in-home release of “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” MTV News asked Marvel mastermind Kevin Feige about it, and he was unequivocal… that this is totally the wrong question. Because “Civil War” is, first and foremost, a conclusion to the triptych saga of Captain America Steve Rogers.

“It’s very much, in a certain way, the completion of a Captain America trilogy,” Feige said. “I think one day you’ll look back and watch — ’Captain America: The First Avenger,’ ’Captain America: The Winter Soldier,’ and ’Captain America: Civil War’ — and it’ll be one of the most unique and different trilogies ever around a single character.”

So does this mean Steve Rogers will die at the end of Civil War?

So does this mean Steve Rogers will die at the end of Civil War?

Sounds more like it will just serve as the tentpoles of his character, and that there's not really much more to explain. This is who he was (1), this is what he's facing (2) and this is how he fits into the future (3). He's our moral compass, which if you look at the rest of the MCU everybody else tends to lack most of the time.

Pachimari

It'll be just like Iron Man, and it is to be expected. The same will probably happen to Thor, with Ragnarok being the final part of his arch. Then they go on to appear in Avengers movies and other heroes films.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't think it means the death/end of Steve. I mean, Iron Man also had a trilogy that is getting no more stand alone Iron Man movies, but he is still a big part of the MCU. I imagine the same can be said of Thor after Ragnarok.

I don't think it means the death/end of Steve. I mean, Iron Man also had a trilogy that is getting no more stand alone Iron Man movies, but he is still a big part of the MCU. I imagine the same can be said of Thor after Ragnarok.
I've said it before but the ultimate ending for me would be Steve Rogers dying, Bucky taking over as cap for IW part 1, Steve appears in end credits scene in Ragnarok where they've introduced Hel, bunch of heroes get killed in IW part 1, the real cap leads them out of Hel to help take down Thanos.

tomtom94

The problem with Steve dying and then being resurrected in a later film will be obvious to anyone who is a fan of Game of Thrones at the moment...

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Well, considering that
he is "mentioned" in Ant-man, and that comes close to a year before Civil War, I could see Spidey having been around getting up and running, used to his abilities, for some time before that

He's mentioned in Ant-Man? Must have missed it. Care to refresh my memory?

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
It's hard to get excited about superheroes fighting eachother after that's basically happened in both Avengers.

Still pretty stocked. I'd watch anything with Spider-man in it, anyway.

dankir

Nooooo :(

LOL, who are we kidding, he will be back to kick Thanos ass.

I've said it multiple times in the thread. He's going to die this movie. Will be resurrected in Infinity War and we'll get this scene!

fear-itself-7-018-300x464.jpg

It's the only time we'll hear Avengers Assemble this phase.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've said it multiple times in the thread. He's going to die this movie. Will be resurrected in Infinity War and we'll get this scene!

fear-itself-7-018-300x464.jpg

It's the only time we'll hear Avengers Assemble this phase.
I hate already hate that this glorious moment will be ruined with the german dub.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I will cry when we germans get something ass-tier like "Avengers! Sammeln!" :( Really, I love how much effort they put in those movies that you are not freaked out when you are a german who loves the english original books, but there is no way that this phrase will survive and be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom