• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

We are one step closer guys, this could possibly happen...

0neAHGT.jpg

700M opening weekend right here

kunonabi

Finally, they are re-introducing elements of The Incredible Hulk. With General Ross back, hopefully we can get Betty back as well in some capacity.

This movie already feels like it's gonna be huge.

MCU Betty was awful though. A recast might be in order if they ever bring her back.

Interesting that Sharon Carter is in this, a co-worker just explained to me that in the comics
she kills Cap while brainwashed

Considering speculation that Marvel may be looking to do that at some point, it certainly fuels that flame

Asami208

Banned
Actually, she identifies herself as Agent 13 to Cap after Fury gets shot. What they don't state outright is that she's Sharon Carter. Cap thinks her name is "Kate" which was her cover name and he has no idea about her relation to Peggy.

Also Cap asks BW what her name was at the end of the movie, and BW says that it's "Sharon."

dLMN8R

When they're is money on the line, Hollywood has done some seriously mind-boggling things.

If this was a drama or some other genre, they could probably have it out in theaters by early October if they really wanted too.

Isn't that similar The Avenger AOU? I thought it wrapped last Aug?

Post-production is literally half the work.

That's pretty standard for these types of films. GOTG had less than a year from production to release.

Man, that's crazy, didn't realize that.

I'm so absorbed into the software world that any major project happening in less than a year is mindboggling to me :p

duckroll

I think some people might lead themselves into some disappointment by just calling it another Avengers movie. Similarly, people might write it off for the same reason. It may have all the Avengers, but it's not going to have the team be the main focus of the film.

I think that the pre-title sequence in the movie will probably feel a lot like an Avengers movie going by the synopsis outline right now. I expect something like the carrier mission at the start of Winter Soldier, except with Cap leading the New Avengers, and then everything fucks up big time.

Hopefully the rest of the film is like Winter Soldier, just with a lot more familiar faces popping in one scene or another. The focus should be on Cap and Stark, and I think many of the characters will probably be detained or go underground very quickly after the Registration Act is rolled out. There'll probably be a montage or something, and that's the last we see of most of them until the end.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What if they do the sequence, but before the arrow gets anywhere Iron Man catches it in mid-air, Scarlet Witch blasts both Ant-Man and Hawkeye, and they get detained under the Registration Act? :p
Don't crush my dreams! If that happens Ant-Man will get inside Tony's suit and control it like a giant mecha.

I think that the pre-title sequence in the movie will probably feel a lot like an Avengers movie going by the synopsis outline right now. I expect something like the carrier mission at the start of Winter Soldier, except with Cap leading the New Avengers, and then everything fucks up big time.

Hopefully the rest of the film is like Winter Soldier, just with a lot more familiar faces popping in one scene or another. The focus should be on Cap and Stark, and I think many of the characters will probably be detained or go underground very quickly after the Registration Act is rolled out. There'll probably be a montage or something, and that's the last we see of most of them until the end.

I also hope we get more Bucky. I really like his character and would love to see him get more development

Servbot24

Banned
Spidey will probably be the after credits scene.

Don't care about the story tbh, just want Spidey, and to see Iron Man and Cap beating each other up. :p

Zaph

Cast looks incredible, the Russo brothers have earned tons of good will, happy I don't have to wait years to see Black Panther/Wakanda, but... I really hope this is a Captain America film. He's been the biggest surprise favourite for me out of the entire MCU - a character I thought sounded so dumb at first. His solo action scenes are always incredible, so hopefully this film opens with the New Avengers' botched mission, they're jailed/detained for most of the film and Cap becomes the focus.

More vehicular destruction too please
(Cap vs jet in WS and Cap throwing bike in AoU were the best scenes in both films)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Now that Paul Rudd is confirmed, here's how I see the Ant-Man post credits going down:

Captain America and Black Widow are with the new Avengers recruits at the end of Age of Ultron. Just as Cap says "Avengers Assemble", Scott barges in and interrupts Cap, apologizing for being late.

The cross overs are amazing in these films. Just imagine what The Infinity Wars will be like with all these characters plus the Guardians of the Galaxy!

Now that Paul Rudd is confirmed, here's how I see the Ant-Man post credits going down:

Captain America and Black Widow are with the new Avengers recruits at the end of Age of Ultron. Just as Cap says "Avengers Assemble", Scott barges in and interrupts Cap, apologizing for being late.

Better :
Captain America at a Briefing with his new recruits. As he talks he gets annoyed by a fly. After a few tries he catches the fly and then Scott comes out of his hand and says "Never gets old".

inm8num2

What a lineup! The Cap movies are probably my favorites in the MCU, and Civil War is going to be insanely awesome.

Good to see William Hurt in the mix. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if, for times sake, we see it start mid-battle like AoU rather than at Op Deployment like TWS. The setup only really needs to show the moment where things go sideways and result in whatever the incident is. Just to get into the meat of the movie faster and have more time for development there.

Symphonia

Banned
So this may as well be Avengers 2.5: Avengers Gonna Avenge. Not that that's a bad thing, of course. So many Marvel superheroes, though, I fear we might reach a moment or point of overkill.

Interesting that Sharon Carter is in this, a co-worker just explained to me that in the comics
she kills Cap while brainwashed

Considering speculation that Marvel may be looking to do that at some point, it certainly fuels that flame
Massive Civil War comic spoilers:

Carter kills Cap while brainwashed via Crossbones. Who was also just confirmed for this movie. After he dies, Bucky takes up the mantle. The casting so far means this movie could potentially follow that plot line, killing Cap and giving us "Bucky Cap."

pestul

I was hoping to see Tom Hiddleston there again.. bummer. I guess he'll probably have a big role in Thor 3: Ragnarok though.

Carter kills Cap while brainwashed via Crossbones. Who was also just confirmed for this movie. After he dies, Bucky takes up the mantle. The casting so far means this movie could potentially follow that plot line.

Yup, exactly what I'm thinking. All the pieces are in play to set that up.

duckroll

If it's based on the Ragnorak comic arc, it'll be crazy.

There were elements of Avengers Disassembled in Age of Ultron, so if Thor's journey leads into that, it'll make sense. I just hope Marvel can find a good director to handle a big fantasy film if that's what they're doing.

Carter kills Cap while brainwashed via Crossbones. Who was also just confirmed for this movie. After he dies, Bucky takes up the mantle. The casting so far means this movie could potentially follow that plot line, killing Cap and giving us "Bucky Cap."

Not to mention
Doctor Faustus is the one who brainwashed Sharon Carter, and they've seeded elements of that brainwashing in both Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD.

Top Bottom