• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

William Hurt is confirmed for Ant Man, too. They even feature the soda, from which Stan Lee got his gamma poisioning from.

I think they just need a character who could get in charge of a Capekiller Unit or leads a government controlled Avengers Unit (Tony Starks Avengers are unlikely for this - See The Consulant). Since Maria Hill is now working the the original Avengers/Stark, Ross is the obivious choice when you dont want to introduce a completly new character.

The other option is pulling Glenn Talbot from Agents of SHIELD, but it seems like the MCU is avoiding getting their chocolate in their peanut butter in regards to TV and film.

Imperial

Rumor about Martin Freeman's role in CW:

The hot rumor that we've been hearing is that Martin Freeman is playing a character named Edward Chase, the Prime Minister of England in the MCU. Whatever mission goes south for Captain America's Avengers at the beginning of the movie will involve a number of British soldiers, so Chase will be responsible for upping the pressure on the government side, even though it is an international government body. Chase will be arguing for a better world-wide plan to keep The Avengers in check.

Turns out Freeman's Prime Minister might have gotten a name drop in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Right before Ultron interrupts Klaw (Andy Serkis), Klaw threatens to send some missiles up someones ass, then says: "Now, Minister, where were we?"

http://www.latino-review.com/news/martin-freeman-avengers-age-of-ultron-captain-america-civil-war

The hot rumor that we've been hearing is that Martin Freeman is playing a character named Edward Chase, the Prime Minister of England in the MCU. Whatever mission goes south for Captain America's Avengers at the beginning of the movie will involve a number of British soldiers, so Chase will be responsible for upping the pressure on the government side, even though it is an international government body. Chase will be arguing for a better world-wide plan to keep The Avengers in check.

Turns out Freeman's Prime Minister might have gotten a name drop in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Right before Ultron interrupts Klaw (Andy Serkis), Klaw threatens to send some missiles up someones ass, then says: "Now, Minister, where were we?"

http://www.latino-review.com/news/martin-freeman-avengers-age-of-ultron-captain-america-civil-war

I wish Martin Freeman was
our real Prime Minister.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

I wish
they could have included Freeman in Age of Ultron if this is true.

J10

Banned
LR regurgitating someone else's Red Hulk story, which was based on some nobody's blog speculation. Yawn.

E the Shaggy

Man, you would think they would need to be casting Spider-Man pretty frigging quickly at this point. How much more time do they have of filming? It's less than a year until the movie comes out.

Neoxon

Man, you would think they would need to be casting Spider-Man pretty frigging quickly at this point. How much more time do they have of filming? It's less than a year until the movie comes out.
This is why I'm pretty sure that Marvel already got their guy & that they're just keeping it under wraps, using Deadline & The Hollywood Reporter to spread outdated information.

Do we know for certain that Spidey is going to have a big presence in the movie? He could be making just an appearance in certain scenes (high school kid in the news or visiting Avengers HQ, etc). I don't know what we'll see him in action scenes even.

flkraven

Do we know for certain that Spidey is going to have a big presence in the movie? He could be making just an appearance in certain scenes (high school kid in the news or visiting Avengers HQ, etc). I don't know what we'll see him in action scenes even.

Even if it's a cameo, he would need to be cast soon. Unless of course, he has no dialogue and is completely CGI (or it's a flashback to him as a kid).

J10

Banned

He's gonna yank Cap out of harms way, quip, leave everybody flabbergasted, and then you won't see him for another year. People will masturbate over his cameo for six months, minimum.

He's gonna yank Cap out of harms way, quip, leave everybody flabbergasted, and then you won't see him for another year. People will masturbate over his cameo for six months, minimum.

I've already started masturbating, just in case.
Even if it's a cameo, he would need to be cast soon. Unless of course, he has no dialogue and is completely CGI (or it's a flashback to him as a kid).
What I meant is that since scenes are not shot in chronological order, the less scenes he has, the more time Marvel/Sony have to complete casting. If it's just going to be two or three scenes then they could shoot at the end of production (still several months away) and that would give them a few months extra to complete casting.

To be honest though I'm sure they've already picked Tobey again and are just trolling everybody.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Fury doesn't have time for Civil War's shit.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44508

"I’m not in Captain America 3. I can’t figure that out, but I’m not,” he said. "I guess I’m still out there, trying to figure out what happened to S.H.I.E.L.D. and who these other people are.”

Jackson does have two MCU projects remaining on his nine-picture deal but is keen to add more to his slate. “Of course [I’m interested in returning],” he stressed. "I’m looking for a contract extension right now. I’m looking to re-up.”

Another Latino Review rumor:

http://www.latino-review.com/news/spoiler-alert-another-hulk-may-appear-in-captain-america-civil-war

While Mark Ruffalo's Hulk may have gone missing at the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron, rumors have started regarding another hulk. Specifically, the Red Hulk. According to some sources, the Red Hulk may be making an appearance in Civil War. More details below.

Yeah, I highly doubt this is going to happen. People just speculating because General Ross is in the movie, when he's likely only there to say "Banner is a menace! Grr!" and then never be heard from again.

11391222_1137855196231051_1408420362343157565_n.jpg

whipihguh

Banned
Wait, so is Hill in this or is there no shield leadership involvement?

I'm not sure, I suppose we'll have to wait at this point. I assume a lot of governments are very, very curious as to where that helicarrier came from in Age of Ultron and who was using it. It'd be strange if they noticed that and were like "huh?...meh" and then promptly ignored it.

neoanarch

I'm not sure, I suppose we'll have to wait at this point. I assume a lot of governments are very, very curious as to where that helicarrier came from in Age of Ultron and who was using it. It'd be strange if they noticed that and were like "huh?...meh" and then promptly ignored it.
If AoS storylines can be trusted SHIELD is known be around but for whatever reason is tolerated. At least Coulson's group which had a sort of truce with the military.

Neoxon

The Helicarrier in AoU was already explained in Agents of SHIELD.

Neoxon

It's on ABC so you don't need cable.

Now I'm curious who is presumed dead by more people, Fury or Coulson.
Only the Avengers don't know that Coulson's alive (hell, even Sif knows but was told by Coulson not to tell Thor). The Avengers obviously know that Fury's okay as well as a good chunk of SHIELD. So I'd give the "SHIELD agent that most think is dead" award to Coulson.

You can spot the errors. You can see a shot of Iron Man in his Mark 3 armor from the first movie. Someone just added in the dude behind a turret. Next shot has the background from another movie but the same Mark 3 armor inserted into the scene and flipped upside down.

18327501070_92cc4869cf_c.jpg

18329018879_1c3bb887e0_c.jpg

J10

Banned

Fake. Looks like that shot of Crossbones walking is from a recent episode of The Flash. The shot of Kevin Fiege at the beginning is from the Phase 2 press event a year ago.

You can spot the errors. You can see a shot of Iron Man in his Mark 3 armor from the first movie. Someone just added in the dude behind a turret. Next shot has the background from another movie but the same Mark 3 armor inserted into the scene and flipped upside down.

18327501070_92cc4869cf_c.jpg

18329018879_1c3bb887e0_c.jpg

Cool, I couldn't see these b/c I'm on my phone. Not a bad job, though otherwise.

jmood88

Someone should open a third thread, it doesnt matter either way
Sure, why not? I know you're being sarcastic but it really doesn't make a difference and I don't get why you and the usual couple people make such a big deal about the threads people decide to post in.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sure, why not? I know you're being sarcastic but it really doesn't make a difference and I don't get why you and the usual couple people make such a big deal about the threads people decide to post in.
Because I spend time to make a appealing Opening Post.
In the end you are right, but I am a little bit disappointed that the thread died that early.

danielcw

If a new thread is made, people might miss it, while still being subscribed to the old thread.
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the production thread to cover the whole production until release.
And if we actually should use another thread, the old one is usually closed an contains a link to the new one.

jmood88

If a new thread is made, people might miss it, while still being subscribed to the old thread.
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the production thread to cover the whole production until release.
And if we actually should use another thread, the old one is usually closed an contains a link to the new one.
I honestly don't care either way but there are a few people who always make a huge deal over threads and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

danielcw

I honestly don't care either way but there are a few people who always make a huge deal over threads and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Well, maybe you won't like it, if you miss a new thread. I know I wouldn't, as GAF is now my primary news source for Marvel

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/marvel-unveils-captain-america-civil-war-licensees-1201516043/

Marvel unveils its marketing plan for Civil War.

Paul Gitter, senior VP of licensing for Marvel at Disney Consumer Products, told Variety that the overall campaign will build of the success of licensed products for “Age of Ultron.”

“We’ll see an extension mixing in new characters with new skills,” he added. “There will also be a big focus on adult female apparel.”

The campaign will feature a celebration of Captain America’s 75th anniversary that will be limited to higher-end retailers. There will also be focus on newer characters War Machine, Falcon, Vision, Black Widow and Black Panther; and an expansion into healthy living and travel.

“The Avengers team is both aspirational and hugely merchandisable, made up of multiple, unique heroes coming together with amazing skills, cool vehicles and a high tech headquarters,” Gitter said. “‘Captain America: Civil War’ not only gives us new storytelling for our favorite superheroes, but also introduces new ones allowing us to expand product lines for kids and fans.”

So Marvel/Disney is really gonna play up the Avengers team aspect for marketing the film. Hmmm.

Top Bottom