• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New pic of Iron Man's armor in Civil War.

11381008_376193399256141_518795438_n.jpg

duckroll

the spider-man film comes out in what, 2-3 years?

if they film the new actor now (who is probably between 16-18), he could look much older/different in a few years when the new standalone film/reboot comes out. if he is in the film, maybe its just a short cameo with spidey (new actor in full costume) swinging through new york.

Spider-man is 2017, which means they'll be shooting it next year. The difference between now and when will be about a year at most. He's not going to look very different. By the time Spider-man 2 is made, he'll probably have aged more though.

danielcw

Non stop production maybe, but not nonstop filming. Depending on the actor he can probably play a senior in high school until late 20. That gives about 10 years for 3 movies.

But the MCU timeline is now close to realtime. So either they change that, or therer will be only 1 or 2 Spider-Man films during High-School

kirblar

But the MCU timeline is now close to realtime. So either they change that, or therer will be only 1 or 2 Spider-Man films during High-School
Doing HS, HS, College would work - both settings have a lot of history over the various versions of the character.

Neoxon

A rumor has come out saying that (POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT)
Thunderbolt Ross will become Red Hulk in Civil War, & that we'd see a Hulk vs. Red Hulk fight go down (meaning that Mark Ruffalo would return as Bruce Banner for the film).

Fj0823

Thunderbolt Ross will become Red Hulk in Civil War, & that we'd see a Hulk vs. Red Hulk fight go down (meaning that Mark Ruffalo would return as Bruce Banner for the film).

No way.
Nope, No

This movie is not the place nor the time to place that focus on
Banner
, specially after he's
MIA

guek

Banned
I feel like Abomination is Marvel's trump card. They kept him alive for a reason, & him being gone for this long means he'll make a big splash upon his return.
It would be insanely AWESOME to see Cap and his team take down Blonsky without Banner's help. It'd be just as great to see Hulk vs Abomination round 2 imo

jph139

I'd love to see Abomination return, since he's one of the few living supervillains they have, but let's be real - most people will have no idea who he is or why they should care.

I've warmed to the idea of Red Hulk in the MCU (as long as he doesn't end up a super amazing Avenger and lead the Thunderbolts and all that, god what a dumb character), and with Ross returning I think it's definitely in the cards. They wouldn't bring back the character just because they needed "generic military dude," and Banner's presence is probably going to be minimal for most of Phase 3. Doubtful it'll happen in Civil War, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've warmed to the idea of Red Hulk in the MCU (as long as he doesn't end up a super amazing Avenger and lead the Thunderbolts and all that, god what a dumb character), and with Ross returning I think it's definitely in the cards. They wouldn't bring back the character just because they needed "generic military dude," and Banner's presence is probably going to be minimal for most of Phase 3. Doubtful it'll happen in Civil War, though.

When you keep the The Consulant One Shot in Mind, I dont think that has necessary mean that he is going to be the Red Hulk. Its implied, that Ross is big favored by the World Secruity Council and was kinda in Charge of forming a planed Avengers Iniative Line Up (Which should have included The Abomination). I expect more that after the Incident, that leads to the Superhuman Regulation in Civil War is passed, he is commissioned to lead the New Avengers or a new kind of SHIELD.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like Abomination is Marvel's trump card. They kept him alive for a reason, & him being gone for this long means he'll make a big splash upon his return.
I think it would cause 10x more "uh, what?" than OMMMMMMMG THEY BROUGHT HIM BACK.

Same with Red Skull, to a lesser extent.

Opening for Avengers 3 is to have the team fighting Abomination who has escaped custody and is wrecking shit down town.

TasTokyo

Has he or anything from that movie ever been mentioned again?

Abomination is mentioned in the Agents of Shield Tv Series. At one point Coulson says to one of the agents about getting it together or staying in line or something and adds "or I'll have you posted to Alaska to guard Blonsky.

XAL

I think it would cause 10x more "uh, what?" than OMMMMMMMG THEY BROUGHT HIM BACK.

Same with Red Skull, to a lesser extent.

Yooooo if I saw Blonsky and Banner run at each other and then Hulk out right before they hit I'd crap my pants.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wait whats going on, this said it was moved, even tho it was already in off-topic and then it showed there wasent any other pages which caused me to click on this.

dabig2

Wait whats going on, this said it was moved, even tho it was already in off-topic and then it showed there wasent any other pages which caused me to click on this.

It got Community'd. Mods usually move threads like this out of the main Off-topic forum after a time.

jph139

When you keep the The Consulant One Shot in Mind, I dont think that has necessary mean that he is going to be the Red Hulk. Its implied, that Ross is big favored by the World Secruity Council and was kinda in Charge of forming a planed Avengers Iniative Line Up (Which should have included The Abomination). I expect more that after the Incident, that leads to the Superhuman Regulation in Civil War is passed, he is commissioned to lead the New Avengers or a new kind of SHIELD.

I think that's definitely a possibility - have him as one of the major players behind the Tony Stark Avengers or what have you. It just feels fishy to me to bring back a character from one poorly-received and mostly-forgotten movie for that. But it could always just be "Hey, we still have William Hurt contracted for three more movies, let's call him in." We'll have to wait and see.

I really liked his take on Ross, though, so having him back in any capacity is fine by me!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think that's definitely a possibility - have him as one of the major players behind the Tony Stark Avengers or what have you. It just feels fishy to me to bring back a character from one poorly-received and mostly-forgotten movie for that. But it could always just be "Hey, we still have William Hurt contracted for three more movies, let's call him in." We'll have to wait and see.

I really liked his take on Ross, though, so having him back in any capacity is fine by me!

William Hurt is confirmed for Ant Man, too. They even feature the soda, from which Stan Lee got his gamma poisioning from.

I think they just need a character who could get in charge of a Capekiller Unit or leads a government controlled Avengers Unit (Tony Starks Avengers are unlikely for this - See The Consulant). Since Maria Hill is now working the the original Avengers/Stark, Ross is the obivious choice when you dont want to introduce a completly new character.

Top Bottom