• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carmageddon, Reservoir Dogs and Conflit 4 who's the publisher?

bunkum

All I know its not Take 2 and they are a major US listed company, so who's gonna spill the beans?

UK-based game developer and publisher SCi announced today three new publishing and distribution agreements that would see more of its popular games carried to North America and onto portable platforms. First and foremost, the Conflict: Vietnam creators revealed that "a leading US publisher" has been granted the North American rights to three of SCi's premiere titles: the fourth game in the Conflict series, the next installment in the Carmageddon franchise, and Reservoir Dogs, based on the Quentin Tarantino film.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/11/news_6110193.html

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
xsarien said:
What the hell is the point of a Reservoir Dogs game?

*points to Scarface game*

If they want to take iconic movies that don't immeadiately scream "Game License" at you and turn them into games anyway, they might as well snatch up the rights to Smokey and the Bandit. Whoo shit... it could be good...

Dekajelly

Conflict: World War 2
mecry.gif

I can sense it now, unless they go Back to Vietnam.
mecry.gif

bunkum

Conflict 4 - also known as Conflict X Force and will be more upto date with recent worldwide events.

Carmagedon not seen but Visual Science are rather excited with it.

Reservoir Dogs is coming along well in a cell shaded sort of way.

Meier

The difference with Scarface is that it is well known by virtue of being associated frequently with the rap culture and with rappers. There's a point for it. In the case of Reservoir Dogs, the fact the 10th Anniversary SE DVD sells for like $5-10 everywhere should speak volumes about its unfortunate lack of popularity comparitively speaking.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Joe said:
what is the point of ANY game?

Well, with games based on movie licenses, you generally know how they end, expect the characters to act in certain ways, want to do things from the movie that you sometimes aren't able to do in games, and are often left holding the (little green) bag at the end, wondering if you just got snookered out of $50 when a much longer, more enjoyable game could've been purchased instead.

Licensed games are often terrible, seeing commercial success is often a fluke; seeing critical success is hard.

IgeL

I also wondered about this...

I have high hopes for Carmageddon, it's about time the series got an update.

Top Bottom