• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Lenardo

Banned
You can really see through flashbacks that he got chubby.

Nathan injured his knee i believe it was ~2years ago and put on some pounds due to not being able to workout/exercise, also the layered look that the costume designer puts him in bulks him out & makes him look heavier especially in the face/neck area. its thejacket with a shirt with large high collar & tie,

that said, he has lost weight over the past year-people have commented on it- and OUT of his Castle clothes he looks a lot slimmer especially around the neck/face area.

Nathan injured his knee i believe it was ~2years ago and put on some pounds due to not being able to workout/exercise, also the layered look that the costume designer puts him in bulks him out & makes him look heavier especially in the face/neck area. its thejacket with a shirt with large high collar & tie,

that said, he has lost weight over the past year-people have commented on it- and OUT of his Castle clothes he looks a lot slimmer especially around the neck/face area.

763707368.jpg

He does.

Ricker

Still love the show but besides this week,the last 3 episodes,I figured who was the culprit quite early...just check who you see for a few seconds at the start of the investigation and that they never show until the end of the show again lol...or not a good idea to have an actor that is a semi regular on another TV show(one of the interns on Bones for example) flash on screen a few seconds hehe...

Dec

Still love the show but besides this week,the last 3 episodes,I figured who was the culprit quite early...just check who you see for a few seconds at the start of the investigation and that they never show until the end of the show again lol...or not a good idea to have an actor that is a semi regular on another TV show(one of the interns on Bones for example) flash on screen a few seconds hehe...

That last one has happened a few times. A well known actor with a seemingly small part in the episode always ends the same.

Lenardo

Banned
Any of you Live in MA, view castle on WCVB?

if so we are not seeing STILL this evening, they are showing late night shaft instead to be "sensitive" to the viewers. FUCK THAT, i want to see Still tonite.

i'll be checking to see if there are alternate channels for Still on my Comcast Tonite. not that i don't HAVE the episode already, i just want to view it Live.

Who's the blond and the guy at the far right?

Also, Stana's been aging like fine wine, damn.

I just searched for "Castle season 1" buuuuut, these are pretty old and there are variations, like this one

The woman was maybe his original (err second, terrible memory =P) ex-wife, who would have a more prominent role? And I guess the guy on the right was the original Ryan? If so, thank all the Jesus that they re-cast him, lol.

Lenardo

Banned
originally gina was supposed to be a regular, his 2nd exwife

the guy on the far RIGHT---espo's or beckett's partner.. he did not make it past the pilot and they went with ryan instead of him. same for gina really(she has a SMALL recurring role instead of a regular recurring role)

rakhir

I hate clipshows, it's like the show wasted my time showing me youtube compilations. What makes it even worse is that there was a good episode in there, but it got squashed with scenes from the past.

And yeah, Fillion got big really fast.

Lenardo

Banned
you have to rememeber ~2 months ago ABC went to the people doing castle

"WE want another Episode & btw season finale & your wrapup for filming is STILL the same dates.

so while filming the remaining episodes they had planned out, written and scheduled, they had to write a new episode. film it, edit it, and put it there- and since Marlow had -essentially- a 3 story ARC planned for episodes 21 22 and 23.. make the episode #21..

the bombing had them switch episodes 21 and 22 but with such a tight schedule, this episode, worked for me- it was an Homage to the fanbase, while having the 2 main characters interacting, well.

having "basically" just one set to do, and having all the episode focus on their relationship via flashbacks, to me, fit.

oh btw i heard they did the filming in an actual apartment building, and oNathan was walking down the corridor to their set and heard Castle playing in one of the neighboring apartments, he knocked on the door....

oh btw i heard they did the filming in an actual apartment building, and oNathan was walking down the corridor to their set and heard Castle playing in one of the neighboring apartments, he knocked on the door....

Haha, where did they say this?

I still think this was a fantastic clip show. Fantastic clip shows are always the best.

Man I never really noticed a difference in Stana(besides the hair) until the flashbacks.
damn she looked amazing in the early seasons and with the short hair.

Man I never really noticed a difference in Stana(besides the hair) until the flashbacks.
damn she looked amazing in the early seasons and with the short hair.

Nope. Of course, I don't like shorter hair so that's why I think she looks way better now than she originally did.

I liked this episode. They did a really good clip show, I especially loved the montage of both of them talking at the same time. If anybody needs a quick introduction as to why I like Castle, I can point them to this episode now.

sleepykyo

I just searched for "Castle season 1" buuuuut, these are pretty old and there are variations, like this one

The woman was maybe his original (err second, terrible memory =P) ex-wife, who would have a more prominent role? And I guess the guy on the right was the original Ryan? If so, thank all the Jesus that they re-cast him, lol.

Agreed. The current Ryan has great chemistry with Epso.

-BLITZ-

How Castle is going to end? Just two episodes left and I already know the promo for the next one. What about William Bracken or he was just a short cast of Castle universe. In The Human Factor, the promo shows something about Beckett, is this how is going to be ? So many questions, all the sudden, sorry.

This episode brought so many great memories, specially the part with Richard
wild speculations. Man, is like all of the past episodes are made for future episodes
. I had so many good laughs.

Lenardo

Banned
from reading blurbs from pictures

going from the end of Squab and Quail, and becketts question of where are we going,
they figure out where their relationship is going-maybe- with this show you never know, they don't "talk

from the preview of next weeks episode and reading the caption from pictures of the finale show-beckett gets a job offer in DC

since becketts dad -supposedly is in the finale and a gossip/rumormonger has posted that a certain tv couple has a 10 letter word come up in the finale rumor has castle proposing in finale(engagement)

bracken recurring role, but nothing until "next season" if a season 6 happens

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
from reading blurbs from pictures

beckett and castle figure out where their relationship is going

beckett gets a job offer in DC

rumor has castle proposing in finale

bracken recurring role, but nothing until "next season" if a season 6 happens

Something something, spoilers apparently

Seanspeed

Banned
I heard good things about this show but I am not sure. Is this as funny as community was S1-3?? I need something to fill the loss. it hurts.

I inadvertantly watched a couple episodes today and found it much better than your typical 'cop drama'. Wouldn't say its anything like a comedy, but its like a slightly more light-hearted drama with a very hot lead actress(Kate, I think her name is in the show).

EDIT: Oh yea, and the Castle dude is pretty entertaining.

The show is light, fun entertainment. The few super serious episodes are good, but it is the charm and fun chemistry of the cast that keeps me watching.

Lenardo

Banned
Castle is a

romantic crime(murder usually) procedural drama/comedy

it's the characters that make you watch, not the crimes. especially the interaction and word play between Castle & Beckett.

i'd say check it out on TNT but you should have asked 2 weeks ago, TNT just restarted the series last week and are on season 2 episodes 8-10 today starting at 4pm eastern(ok episodes nothing "special). they show ~14-17 episodes on TNT a week-in order-depending on basketball playoffs.

tomorrow @5pm and 6pm are 2 of the better episodes of that season
a rose forever after & sucker punch however if you have not seen ANY castle episodes, you would be Confused about Sucker Punch since it deals with things that you learned at the end of season 1 and the first 5 minutes of season 2 episode 1
for the new guy asking about castle, some background on sucker punch so you are not lost:
becketts mother in 1999 was stabbed to death attributed to "random gang violence" it tramatized beckett due to them never finding the killer, she changed majors in college and became a cop.

Castle took the case file(beckett's mother's murder) to "dr death" the best forensic pathologist in the city. he -the doctor- discovered that the way she was killed, that it was his professional opinion that it was a targeted murder(ie assassination), and on a hunch, he did some research and found 3 other murders with the exact same MO that occurred around the same time that also were attributed to "random gang violence" and the killer never caught..

in sucker punch...there has been...a stabbing.

Lenardo

Banned
hair wise...

season 2, the straight look @almost shoulder length framed her face well is the style i like best. not that i didn't like all of them, but i liked season 1's hair the least.

DBT85

Short haired Beckett is best Beckett. *swoon*

Loved the episode.

My wife and I were discussing this last night while watching the episode that was postponed.

Longer hair Beckett is best Beckett, it was unanimous.

Also, when they were going though that episode she still had to say again just how shocked she was at the ending of
season 3 for Captain Montgomery
. She shouted at the TV that night.

Lenardo

Banned
and for all that, it was great.

last episode was an extra episode ordered by ABC ~2 months ago, yet ABC kept to Castles Current Schedule for Filming the Episodes

so in the time that they had initially planned to film & edit 4 episodes, they had to film & edit 5 episodes.

they did a self contained episodes with flashbacks for the premise of Castle and Beckett discussing who did what to whom first.

all in all, i think they did a GREAT episode...

last two episodes of the Season are coming..

Will Castle Take Martha's Advice.....
Will Beckett and Castle actually Talk about their relationship...

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Castle, same Bat time, Same Bat channel...

and for all that, it was great.

last episode was an extra episode ordered by ABC ~2 months ago, yet ABC kept to Castles Current Schedule for Filming the Episodes

so in the time that they had initially planned to film & edit 4 episodes, they had to film & edit 5 episodes.

they did a self contained episodes with flashbacks for the premise of Castle and Beckett discussing who did what to whom first.

all in all, i think they did a GREAT episode...

last two episodes of the Season are coming..

Will Castle Take Martha's Advice.....
Will Beckett and Castle actually Talk about their relationship...

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Castle, same Bat time, Same Bat channel...

What the hell are you talking about?

jvm

Gamasutra.
What the hell are you talking about?
It's a defense of the clip show we all just watched.

According to this poster (not sure the original source), the Castle team were told to put together an additional episode, so they did a quick and dirty clip show. Opinions vary on whether this was a good episode or not.

Dec

It's a defense of the clip show we all just watched.

According to this poster (not sure the original source), the Castle team were told to put together an additional episode, so they did a quick and dirty clip show. Opinions vary on whether this was a good episode or not.

They were for sure told to extend the season after the episodes had already been planned out. No idea if that's why this had a ton of flashbacks.

Lenardo

Banned
on feb 2nd abc ordered the new episode

this is what andrew marlowe said about the episode

http://tvline.com/2013/04/28/castle-preview-season-5-finale-cliffhanger-season-6-complicated/

TVLINE | With “The Squab & the Quail” airing ahead of schedule last week, what did viewers miss out on not having seen “Still” first?

AM:
Not too much – and I will let them discover that. But there are a couple of really important relationship moments and serious moments in “Still.” As you know, that episode, the 24th episode, was added very late in the game, so we took a very particular point of view on how we were going to get it done. And it turned out, I think, in spectacular fashion. It’s a great gift to our loyal fans. There are a couple of moments in there that they have to look forward to, that they’ll really enjoy.

TVLINE | Would you be loath to call it a “clip show”?

AM:
I would. We certainly have clips in it, but…. When I realized we only had a couple of days to shoot it and we’d have to fill it out with clips, I set out to make the best “clip show” that television has seen, and I think our team pulled it off. It’s a great episode, because we use the clips to forward the storytelling. It is a great trip down memory lane, but we also have some high stakes and interesting stuff going on in the main story.

Top Bottom