• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Lenardo

Banned
that scene was hilarious.

i hate when the main writer and producer produces angst for angst's sake

which is what he is doing with beckett so the end of the season, not so much castle, but beckett

questioning where they are going
questioning her job
etc.

done right. minimal angst. all they need is for castle and beckett to just, Sit down and Talk about their relationship and where it is going, Marlowe is creating the angst for the "big resolve"and or cliffhanger next week.

beckett was tempted 3 weeks ago by the billionaire to question the relationship
beckett was offered a job interview this week to question her job
what's next?
i THINK that there will be a mini cliffhanger with the job over the summer but i think -hopefully- they'll get their relationship worked out- the boy should propose, he is an idiot if he thinks just coasting like this is what she wants. she flat out stated she wants to be a one and done gal. one marriage, with a guy she can just dive into a relationship with, she DOVE, he has to step up and talk to the gal about what's next.
and i do not see her becoming the AG investigator..UNLESS they take ryan and espo as well for her "team" those two add so much, it would be not the same without them

Dec

that scene was hilarious.

i hate when the main writer and producer produces angst for angst's sake

which is what he is doing with beckett so the end of the season, not so much castle, but beckett

questioning where they are going
questioning her job
etc.

done right. minimal angst. all they need is for castle and beckett to just, Sit down and Talk about their relationship and where it is going, Marlowe is creating the angst for the "big resolve"and or cliffhanger next week.

beckett was tempted 3 weeks ago by the billionaire to question the relationship
beckett was offered a job interview this week to question her job
what's next?
i THINK that there will be a mini cliffhanger with the job over the summer but i think -hopefully- they'll get their relationship worked out- the boy should propose, he is an idiot if he thinks just coasting like this is what she wants. she flat out stated she wants to be a one and done gal. one marriage, with a guy she can just dive into a relationship with, she DOVE, he has to step up and talk to the gal about what's next.
and i do not see her becoming the AG investigator..UNLESS they take ryan and espo as well for her "team" those two add so much, it would be not the same without them

I always thought spoilers only had to be marked if you saw it before the air time EDT? Just in case.

She wont take the job. Just thinking about the reason she became a detective in the first place, this is a pretty far cry from that. She was constantly complaining about not being able to open up to people, now that she has and they are together this would be a huge backwards step when it already seems like she's happy with her current job.

Lenardo

Banned
people bitch about what i say occasionaly, things that any fan that saw the trailers or read fansites about the show/interviews with cast etc. would know so for now on anything that i put up that has to do with castle, provided it is not weeks/months old, is being in spoilers :)

boston put up a warning blurb

"due to the nature of the show, some scenes might be disturbing"

i had a chuckle because that is what they should have done LAST week instead of cancelling the damn new episode (in boston)

Dec

people bitch about what i say occasionaly, things that any fan that saw the trailers or read fansites about the show/interviews with cast etc. would know so for now on anything that i put up that has to do with castle, provided it is not weeks/months old, is being in spoilers :)

boston put up a warning blurb

"due to the nature of the show, some scenes might be disturbing"

i had a chuckle because that is what they should have done LAST week instead of cancelling the damn new episode (in boston)

I think the main thing is to remember that a lot of us don't use the fansites or anything, just tune in every week. Some stuff you have posted has been spoilery but the rule I posted above I always thought was how TV show OPs worked.

As it was told to me by a member who has been around longer, the rule is fansites articles with leaks, interviews containing info about not-yet-aired episodes/developments, and even episode previews are all to be spoiler tagged because there are people who actively avoid that type of info so they can enjoy the show "blind." Info such as episode discussion is cleared to talk about without tags after it has first aired in the EST/EDT timeslot.

Apparently they used to issue temp bans for people who broke those rules but it's becomes less strict over time I guess.

Either way, that kind of content is obviously loaded with spoilers and it's just common courtesy to spoiler tag it.

Somnia

As it was told to me by a member who has been around longer, the rule is fansites articles with leaks, interviews containing info about not-yet-aired episodes/developments, and even episode previews are all to be spoiler tagged because there are people who actively avoid that type of info so they can enjoy the show "blind." Info such as episode discussion is cleared to talk about without tags after it has first aired in the EST/EDT timeslot.

Apparently they used to issue temp bans for people who broke those rules but it's becomes less strict over time I guess.

Either way, that kind of content is obviously loaded with spoilers and it's just common courtesy to spoiler tag it.

Everything here is correct. Any upcoming information should be spoiler tagged. Anything aired is fair game.

Now just speculation on future episodes is fine, but make sure to point out you are guessing so and so may happen. Just don't be like some people in the game of thrones non-book thread and post real spoilers you know as fake speculation just so you can go "I was right!" (yes people have done that).

Lenardo

Banned
Everything here is correct. Any upcoming information should be spoiler tagged. Anything aired is fair game.

Now just speculation on future episodes is fine, but make sure to point out you are guessing so and so may happen. Just don't be like some people in the game of thrones non-book thread and post real spoilers you know as fake speculation just so you can go "I was right!" (yes people have done that).

i'd never do that.

biggest issue was the rumor i posted a while ago but i said rumor ..no worries love the show.

though why the AG investigator last night when Beckett arrested him had a Silencer on his gun.....

I really liked this episode.
them hooking up really knocked this up to being one of my favorite things on TV.
unlike Bones which has turned a little dull.

Somnia

i'd never do that.

biggest issue was the rumor i posted a while ago but i said rumor ..no worries love the show.

though why the AG investigator last night when Beckett arrested him had a Silencer on his gun.....

Haha ya that silencer part threw me. No idea why he'd have that. Unless... What if it's all a ploy by people after either Beckett or Castles Dad! Speculation obviously, but I could see that being some twist.

Lenardo

Banned
wild speculation has a certain senator behind the job offer but i don't think so.

i honestly thing stack was impressed and decided to offer her as a candidate the position.

there are also RUMORS that nathan fillion's 2 year option on his contract was picked up in the past few weeks by ABC.
that is mostly wild speculation from the calgary panel when someone asked he what he wanted to be doing in 5 years and he said a few more years of castle then, after castle, smaller projects for a while (ie not a series).

we will find out officially about renewal tuesday the 14th, that is when ABC is doing their fall lineup/renewals thing, most sites have castle as 100% chance of renewal, i mean it's network tv's highest rated scripted show on monday nights-3rd to the voice and dancing with the stars.

Somnia

wild speculation has a certain senator behind the job offer but i don't think so.

i honestly thing stack was impressed and decided to offer her as a candidate the position.

Ya I'm sure there's nothing more to it, but I wouldn't put it past the writers.

FillerB

Someone GIF that.

ib08Hn12lSo6yB.gif

Used GIFCam as I don't know how to use anything better yet. So it's kind of shitty but it will have to do for now.

The rising turret... How subtle.

Meteorain

Oh God, Stana at the start with the tank. I need her in my life, preferably locked in my room :(

I don't think she will go for the job offer, but the show will make a lot of hoo-haa about it.

Lenardo

Banned
the 4 sneak peaks are out. the main abc Castle board is exploding with angst.

oh ya, officially renewed find out tuesday if 1 or 2 years.

Lenardo

Banned
the ability of the cast= awesomesauce.

i'd love to see one of the cases be a musical, just ..because.

was perusing netflix-started watching once upon a time- it's good - and saw dr horribles musical video blog, and watched it, nathan can sing pretty good, i know stana can sing(hopefully we see her sing in cbgb) and jon can too.

there is a presser version of the epsiode out but it's not anywhere i can find, AND they delibrately left off the last ~3 minutes of the episode so noone knows the end of the season.

Lenardo

Banned
sounds sort of like me.

took me ~2 weeks to catch up from pilot to the current episode back in october when i found the show. i had just watched all of firefly & serenity, stumbled on the abc midnight viewing and went, is that nathan fillion? so i looked it up and went wtf it is on the 5th season why have i never heard of this? so looked for and found the pilot, watched it, went hmm like the potential, lets check a few more episodes....a few more episodes turned into getting every episode within 4 hr of seeing the pilot.

episode that really hooked me didn't come until season 2, the two parter. tick tick tick and boom.

and HEY body of proof just got Cancelled, they could bring Jordan Shaw back for an episode or two....just to say i told you so to beckett.

filler i think they released the presser due to the sneak previews and the fan sites Exploding in angst/rage/wtf are the writers doing to caskett!!! to relieve some of the angst, if the people who see the presser post. don't know how it ends but "awesome episode"= some relief for the fans.

all i know is by 10pm eastern i'll be on my second viewing.....

jvm

Gamasutra.
Was hoping they'd invert it, and have her propose. But still heart-stopping.

Gonna be a long summer, boys.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I CALLED IT!

Also that's a hell of a cliff hanger.

EDIT: So what now? No more Ryan and Espo? I can't live with that.

jvm

Gamasutra.
The two year extension to the series is so they can do a cross-country Castle 'n' Beckett crime-solving show set in a variety of locations across the U.S., including cross-overs with a variety of ABC shows both new and old. Castle is relocated to 9PM Mondays.

Ryan and Esposito are spun off into their own sitcom, taking over the usual 10PM Monday slot.

I CALLED IT!

Also that's a hell of a cliff hanger.

So...show jumps to DC (can see her demanding Ryan and Espo come too...but then don't see how they'd port Laney over...)

But while it'd be interesting to jump cities, can't reasonably port enough supporting characters, so she'll turn it down.

Lenardo

Banned
we don't know if she said yes to either question.

the fan reaction i am reading, most disliked the finale. hated it in fact. hell they have hated the three part arc due to one thingt, beckett acting out of character.

the finale tells is in a round about way why-see the conversation with her dad, but even with how the episode ended, they have not done the most important thing. TALK To EACHOTHER about their relationship. sure, it ended with a question, but to me it seemed forced.

at least they have a few months to hopefully get it right. i have to watch the episode again but i think she was expecting that their relationship was going to end at the swings.

they have to pick up the season premiere at the swings

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The two year extension to the series is so they can do a cross-country Castle 'n' Beckett crime-solving show set in a variety of locations across the U.S., including cross-overs with a variety of ABC shows both new and old. Castle is relocated to 9PM Mondays.

Ryan and Esposito are spun off into their own sitcom, taking over the usual 10PM Monday slot.

Wait what? Seriously? I'd watch a show about Ryan and Espo. I'd watch the shit out of that.

Lenardo, she did say yes to the FBI guy. She told her dad she was taking the job. Castle said he'd support her either way when he proposed, so I don't see how she doesn't take it. Unless of course the FBI guy is working for that Senator.

Uh guys... I'm half way through and me and the wife realized this is a dramatization of this case.

Like exactly.

Not exactly uncommon for a procedural. The writers for these kind of shows always keep an eye out for cases like that, either they just take parts and do a mix and match and add in original bits or do a straight up dramatization. Law and Order is famous for that.

zychi

Banned
So im like 18 episodes behind. The last one i stopped ar was when the "reality show" was following some band around. Is it worth it to watch all of the episodes, or can i just skip to the finale?

Dec

Wait what? Seriously? I'd watch a show about Ryan and Espo. I'd watch the shit out of that.

Lenardo, she did say yes to the FBI guy. She told her dad she was taking the job. Castle said he'd support her either way when he proposed, so I don't see how she doesn't take it. Unless of course the FBI guy is working for that Senator.

Not exactly uncommon for a procedural. The writers for these kind of shows always keep an eye out for cases like that, either they just take parts and do a mix and match and add in original bits or do a straight up dramatization. Law and Order is famous for that.

Yea, meant nothing by it. I think it's pretty cool, just caught me by surprise.

Rokam

They only got renewed for one season. My guess is she says no, but doesn't take the job. Everything remains the same.

It would be pretty awesome if she gets the Federal Task Force job but ends up in a sort of liason position.. so she would still be in NY and would still work closely with her old division but now she's going after a higher class of criminal.
It could also possibly give her the power to eventually go after the senator.

Far fetched but it could happen.

Top Bottom