• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

tumblr_m56c9avrmo1rtvb1so1_500.gif

molly-quinn-cupcake-quarterly-magazine-july-2013-03-580x435.jpg

molly-quinn-cupcake-quarterly-magazine-july-2013-04-435x580.jpg

molly-quinn-cupcake-quarterly-magazine-july-2013-02-435x580.jpg

molly-quinn-cupcake-quarterly-magazine-july-2013-01-435x580.jpg

molly-quinn-cupcake-quarterly-magazine-july-2013-05-435x580.jpg

Sober

Yeah, no thanks. Actually, don't really like most of Molly Quinn's photoshops where she tries to be sexy. Maybe it's because I've been watching since season 1 when she was what, like 13, 14?

Dec

Yeah, no thanks. Actually, don't really like most of Molly Quinn's photoshops where she tries to be sexy. Maybe it's because I've been watching since season 1 when she was what, like 13, 14?

I looked it up cause those shots felt weird to me as well. She was either 15 or 16 depending on when they shot I'd guess.

Hex

Banned
Sad to say, but I really can not stand Molly Quinn.
Perhaps her character in the show is just that irritating to me that it has overridden the redhead appeal.
I think she just tries too hard in all of these pics and almost every pic she is in, like someone has told her that she is cute and she is far too convinced of it.
Can not wait for this season though.

Lenardo

Banned
TVLINE and a few other spots have reviews of episode 1- normal caveats about what they cannot talk about, and they released the first batch of promo pictures of the cast.

http://tvline.com/2013/09/04/castle...on-stana-katic/#!1/nathan-fillion-stanakatic/

looks like nathan has slimmed down a bit more to more like ~season 3's weight. season 4 he blimped out a bit, especially around the face and neck-due to a knee injury that prevented him from working out if i remember correctly.

Fillion's back problems are flaring back up it seems.

Deadline said:
Two months ago, Castle star Nathan Fillion‘s no-show for work on a Friday, which we reported about, drew a lot of attention. It led to a production shutdown for the day and came in the midst of a contract dispute between the actor and Castle producer ABC Studios over Fillion’s request for a four-day Monday-Thursday workweek on the show, currently in production on its sixth season. There had been no major incidents since, with filming moving on as planned. But when today, also a Friday, Fillion called in sick, the news stirred a lot of speculation around the set about a possible new work schedule dust-up. According to sources close to the production, Fillion had a legitimate reason to skip work today — a sore back he is seeing a chiropractor for. His back problems are reportedly chronic, and he gets medical attention when they get aggravated. The production had enough of a heads-up to schedule some filming around Fillion for the day, a source said. Insiders stress that the schedule issues between Fillion and ABC have been resolved and he has worked multiple Fridays in the past two months. Fillion is expected to report back to work on Monday.

Lenardo

Banned
bought it, read it.

book gives 2 vibes/tones depending on which case she is working

tick tick tick/boom for the murder case and pandora/linchpin for her moms case

book is a good read-i liked it.

i called who was the ultimate villian in the moms case(one she catches in the end) about halfway through the book. how it is resolved is similar to the episode umm den of thieves i think is the episode- the episode we meet demming.

Lenardo

Banned
if you know where to look (cough torrent site) the episode is avail for download, i had no luck finding a ctv stream but i just finished downloading it. will watch once wife goes to bed

if you know where to look (cough torrent site) the episode is avail for download, i had no luck finding a ctv stream but i just finished downloading it. will watch once wife goes to bed

Well, dearie me. Americans, you better make sure people watch tomorrow. Don't want those viewership numbers to go down!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, umm, Cuddy is
billed only as a guest star, so I don't think Beckett new job is looking good.

From watching the episode it's fairly obvious that
Castle is going to wind up getting her fired and or she winds up quitting when they refuse to listen to him when it turns out he's right or something. Either way I doubt this lasts more than a few weeks.

Rokam

I was really worried that the whole marriage proposal was going to cause stupid unnecessary drama, pleasantly surprised. So far the show is doing a great job of avoiding becoming like Bones.

There is no show better at mixing great humor and great drama....though obviously
with the cliffhanger, you know nothing's going to happen to him, but ah well. Still super fun and cool.

What the hell ? You motherfuckers have already seen the episode ?! How come ??

edit: damn, I didn't know it aired in Canada yesterday. I'll have to check it out tonight for sure.

I was really worried that the whole marriage proposal was going to cause stupid unnecessary drama, pleasantly surprised. So far the show is doing a great job of avoiding becoming like Bones.

Same. I am glad that it was
taken care of and they moved on with the story within three minutes of the episode starting.

Lenardo

Banned
ok for those that have not seen spoilers etc:

this initial story line is either a 2 OR 3 parter premiere - not sure on the 3rd episode...so McCord is in -at least- the first 3 episodes.

castle and beckett are so in tune together now.

also one other comment on how mccord and beckett are in the case they are on.

McCord is acting like BECKETT from the pilot. Beckett is acting like Castle-not in attitude, but she is searching for the STORY that chain of events that makes everything make sense
what i mean is, in the pilot:

castle asks: why those people, why those murders? there has to be a chain of events that tells the story. he wants to know the story leading to the murder/solving the case
then they find the letter/get the guy who- ultimately was framed-and the culprit- brother- would have gotten away with it if castle wasn't searching for the story.

in this episode:

mccord to beckett after interviewing the woman- we got the card back, we got the bad guy, time to wrap it up

beckett goes...why? it is too simple...she goes for the Story, going what if the card is the diversion yada yada,,,badabing badaboom, they discover that the dead guy was framed.

also in the interview, beckett was empathizing with the victim, like she does on her cases in NY...just from her expressions, her actions, she does not like her job-but won't admit it to herself.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Enjoyed the opener. The story still continues to defy expectations for a show where the two main characters have finally become a couple. Keep it up.

I was surprised that they decided to open the season with the so-far-once-per-season two-episode special. Maybe we'll get another one in the second half ?

Didn't like the premiére at all. It was just boring and the way they're handling things seems like a cop-out to me. Just transfer Castle and family to Washington and get rid of the two policemen (I don't even remember their names).
This way it seems like the thing won't last long.

Top Bottom