• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Zomba13

Yeah, but a buddy and I were talking about this 3XK plot was getting REALLY complicated to follow, so I'm glad they closed the book on it.

Castle's disappearance is still a plot, but isn't there still some unfinished business with his dad too that we have to wrap up?

I was really bummed to see him be invited back to work with Beckett too. It was too cheesy how they did it, too easy, and I'm worried it'll make the show stale again. Him being a PI and having to bug the 12th all the time even though they WANTED to work with him made things a lot less easy and a lot more fun. Brought back bickering Castle and Beckett which is what made the show fun originally.

I could see them have Castle still have his PI jobs on the side and could offer some silly cases or a way for Castle to have an epiphany for the main NYPD case of the week. As a way to mix it up a little and not go back to exactly as it was before the PI thing.

I could see them have Castle still have his PI jobs on the side and could offer some silly cases or a way for Castle to have an epiphany for the main NYPD case of the week. As a way to mix it up a little and not go back to exactly as it was before the PI thing.

Yeah, but he still has unlimited access to the NYPD this way. It was dull how easy it was before. They always had something that they had to sneak around about which was fun until probably around when Gates told them she knew about them being a couple.

Having him sneak into cases and "just happening to be there" for whatever the cops were investigating had some nice playfulness to it.

This ep and the one before it are probably the best serious episodes of the series. I'd have to rewatch the episodes that dealt with Gates reveal to be sure though. Seriously top notch stuff for the show though.

Really glad they got rid of 3XK. I've been enjoying this season a lot. Still, we need a couple more "wacky" type episodes. Episodes like the invisible suit, the psychic girl and way of the ninja are highlights for me.

Zomba13

Yeah, but he still has unlimited access to the NYPD this way. It was dull how easy it was before. They always had something that they had to sneak around about which was fun until probably around when Gates told them she knew about them being a couple.

Having him sneak into cases and "just happening to be there" for whatever the cops were investigating had some nice playfulness to it.

Very true.

Volimar

damn, cold blooded Kate, slaughtering the doc with a scalpel

Oh you poor thing. You think that Kate was the one who survived when it was obviously the brilliant plastic surgeon with Kate's face. Astounding that she is so skilled that the bruising and recovery time only took 20 minutes instead of the days it usually does. Castle is gonna be devastated when he learns the truth...

I wonder what happened to the guy that 3XK was pretending to be.

Joni

Oh you poor thing. You think that Kate was the one who survived when it was obviously the brilliant plastic surgeon with Kate's face. Astounding that she is so skilled that the bruising and recovery time only took 20 minutes instead of the days it usually does. Castle is gonna be devastated when he learns the truth...

I wonder what happened to the guy that 3XK was pretending to be.

Castle just killed him. We'll discover that in season 10.

benjipwns

Banned
You guys have it all wrong. 3XK had her replace his face with Castle's, so for the rest of the series it'll be 3XK involved in cases and banging Beckett.

No joke, watching too many years of 24 made me assume that's what happened at first. Then I realized that this is Castle and its not 24.

I miss 24 again and it hasn't even been a year.

Volimar

No joke, watching too many years of 24 made me assume that's what happened at first. Then I realized that this is Castle and its not 24.

I miss 24 again and it hasn't even been a year.

No joke, the way Kate was acting after the rescue and some of the looks on her face had me wondering for a moment.

No joke, the way Kate was acting after the rescue and some of the looks on her face had me wondering for a moment.

Yeah, and the closeups they kept doing...again, maybe I've been watching 24 too long. Either that or it was bad direction that hinted at something that wasn't there. It seemed like so much more than her being affected by the traumatic experience.

LOL I had the same thought.
When it continued to show her I asked my GF what she would do if it threw out a fake hint that it was the doctor.

Lenardo

Banned
Also, did they ever get that girl out of his trunk?

beckett is in the elevator, as they get off, she is behind beckett in custody, so yes, she got out of the trunk.

oh who went oh shit/fuck when castle went,,, no, i lured YOU here, to watch you die, are we clear (not to tyson, though tyson took it that way) (tyson line) take the shot.
then BAM tyson gets it in the chest.

i also did not like how kate got loose.. all that blood and agony loosening up the bolt,,,and you have to undo a thread.. what would have been cooler/hotter/sexier/scarier would have been kate BREAKING HER ownTHUMB/dislocating her thumb to slip her hand out of the cloth cuff...but, still cool

though kates face when she has neimann's arm in her grasp.........

Maddocks

I thought she didn't loosen the bolt because it was all slippery from the blood and the thread was the last ditch effort to get out and happened to work.

jvm

Gamasutra.
when castle went,,, no, i lured YOU here, to watch you die, are we clear (not to tyson, though tyson took it that way) (tyson line) take the shot.
then BAM tyson gets it in the chest.
Definitely a good moment. Really good, because I knew what was happening and then it really happened.

Decently good episodes but one thing has bugged me since Part 1.

When Blondie calls Beckett at the station to say she fears for her life, there is almost zero reason that Beckett would have gone herself. The overwhelmingly more likely outcome would be for her to call for uniforms to go pick Blondie up.

The ENTIRE PLOT of both episodes revolves around this incredibly unlikely breach of protocol. Like, we're to believe that months of planning went into this one pivotal moment where Beckett receives a call from Blondie, and against all odds decides to go pick Blondie up by herself, for no particular reason. It's not even like they engineered things so Beckett felt that ONLY SHE could do this. They just left it to chance.

Sure, suspension of disbelief and all, but I think this took it too far.

Volimar

Probably a "She knows me but might take off if she sees a stranger" kind of worry. She was pretty much all they had on 3XK and Beckett was not going to risk everything if she got skittish.

hbkdx12

Decently good episodes but one thing has bugged me since Part 1.

When Blondie calls Beckett at the station to say she fears for her life, there is almost zero reason that Beckett would have gone herself. The overwhelmingly more likely outcome would be for her to call for uniforms to go pick Blondie up.

The ENTIRE PLOT of both episodes revolves around this incredibly unlikely breach of protocol. Like, we're to believe that months of planning went into this one pivotal moment where Beckett receives a call from Blondie, and against all odds decides to go pick Blondie up by herself, for no particular reason. It's not even like they engineered things so Beckett felt that ONLY SHE could do this. They just left it to chance.

Sure, suspension of disbelief and all, but I think this took it too far.

I could be wrong but IIRC, beckett needed to get back in touch with the Blonde girl (bennett?) because she was the missing link (so they thought) to tying tyson to everything. It seems plausible that when bennett reached out to her that she'd go out there and get her herself being that she's basically a high profile witness/asset at that point.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Probably a "She knows me but might take off if she sees a stranger" kind of worry. She was pretty much all they had on 3XK and Beckett was not going to risk everything if she got skittish.
Yeah that's how they justified it IIRC, but it still feels incredibly contrived. Then again, it is Castle. :p

Was that the right episode for car product placement though? Castle pls

On the other hand we got a bit of Dark Nathan Fillion which is super rare so take the good with the bad I guess.

Lenardo

Banned
as we all know- or may know
tv contracts for intial runs, typically run for a 5+2 setup, 5yr plus 2 option years

castle is on year...7- noone has a contract for next year...well noone HAD a contract:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remot...-fillion-re-signs-a-showrunner-shift-planned/

GMMR (and other sites )posted that Nathan Fillion HAS agreed to a new contract to return as Richard Castle for more seasons- how many season etc no idea, but that he has signed.

and that AMANN is going bye bye as showrunner(it was his first year-though marlowe still had a lot of input)

no word yet on Stana Katic signing a new contract to return as Det. Kate Beckett-Castle

and of course we have a month until ABC says if they renewed Castle or Not... (it is still one of their best performing shows so ...i bet it is renewed)

as we all know- or may know
tv contracts for intial runs, typically run for a 5+2 setup, 5yr plus 2 option years

castle is on year...7- noone has a contract for next year...well noone HAD a contract:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remot...-fillion-re-signs-a-showrunner-shift-planned/

GMMR (and other sites )posted that Nathan Fillion HAS agreed to a new contract to return as Richard Castle for more seasons- how many season etc no idea, but that he has signed.

and that AMANN is going bye bye as showrunner(it was his first year-though marlowe still had a lot of input)

no word yet on Stana Katic signing a new contract to return as Det. Kate Beckett-Castle

and of course we have a month until ABC says if they renewed Castle or Not... (it is still one of their best performing shows so ...i bet it is renewed)

Is it cause Katic and Fillion apparently hate each other?

Yesterday's episode was pretty decent and entertaining.

Is it actually a real-life thing to be able to erase memories and replace them with other memories? Or is that dipping pretty far into sci-fi land?

Lenardo

Banned
there are drugs that can make you forget stuff short term. and there drugs that affect long term but what happened to castle, no.

the 2 big oopsies for this wrap up of the mystery of the disappearance...

1- why the money drop for the car(this one is huge-if there was such a rush why- did they have castle do the money drop)
2- why the car CRASH?
3- why the week exposure in the boat/frame up with the tent?

(i won't even go into the fact that where the boat was initially- the boat would not drift to where it was found.........)

jrush64

Banned
This is show is still my favorite procedural show, but this season has been so weak. That whole reveal was just disappointing.

Lenardo

Banned
decent cotw, hated lack of beckett in the episode.

overall better than average episode.

oh Stana Got Married a few days ago.
still no word on season 8- that is may 13th when abc does their announcements.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That episode was so full of continuity errors and implausible tech stuff (like using wifi to send texts... that's not how it works -_-). The most blatant one, though minor, was when they collected the Syrian man's drink. They showed him with a glass of water in one frame, and literally seconds later the frame showed him with a darker drink (like cola or wine, I forget). lol

Joni

The case of the week was fun, especially because they switched it up with little to none actual police officers.

Joni

There was no Lost reference because it has been the standard fake airline since forever. They should haver had Castle pretend to be Kurt Russel or Steven Seagall if they wanted to honor the airline.

DBT85

That was one of the few times I've watched Castle and actively been pissed off with some of the silly shit they are doing in it. I don't normally feel that unless I'm subjected to CSI.

Lenardo

Banned
they had to do something special for episode 150.....

which it was last night. this was one of the better episodes this season, which is not saying much. it would be one of the "average" episodes from seasons 2 or 3 (imo the two best seasons of the show)

they had to do something special for episode 150.....

which it was last night. this was one of the better episodes this season, which is not saying much. it would be one of the "average" episodes from seasons 2 or 3 (imo the two best seasons of the show)

Ok, but I can't shake the feeling that the record label she is signed to is the same company that owns CBS. Seemed like a weird Synergy thing.

Ok, but I can't shake the feeling that the record label she is signed to is the same company that owns CBS. Seemed like a weird Synergy thing.

I thought the same thing, but it looks like she is on Interscope, which is a Universal label, not Disney/ABC.

Maybe ABC execs were thinking, "This will get those young'ns to watch our show!" or something.

Top Bottom