• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Lenardo

Banned
One of the reasons why greenscreen might look better on older shows.

standard resolution vs hd resolution

this is the ummm 2nd year castle has filmed in digital hd if i remember correctly.

but ya that sunset sucked.

One of the reasons why greenscreen might look better on older shows.

standard resolution vs hd resolution

this is the ummm 2nd year castle has filmed in digital hd if i remember correctly.

but ya that sunset sucked.

And wasn't it shot on film before, which is higher resolution technically? It has always been broadcast in HD. They just might be using digital cameras now.

DBT85

And wasn't it shot on film before, which is higher resolution technically? It has always been broadcast in HD. They just might be using digital cameras now.

TV has used digital cameras for a long long time for the most part, though apparently this was indeed done on film, not sure if it still is.. The green screen here wasn't helped by trying to fake THAT lighting and the vaseline filter they tried to apply. A real shame.

Almost all of Sanctuary was filmed on green screen and while it was a bit hit and miss, there are plenty of scenes that look great in HD. Get the light right and the perspective and it's fine.

Enjoyed the Ep, the ending looked awful though. Glad they finally did it though.

TV has used digital cameras for a long long time for the most part, though apparently this was indeed done on film, not sure if it still is.. The green screen here wasn't helped by trying to fake THAT lighting and the vaseline filter they tried to apply. A real shame.

Almost all of Sanctuary was filmed on green screen and while it was a bit hit and miss, there are plenty of scenes that look great in HD. Get the light right and the perspective and it's fine.

Enjoyed the Ep, the ending looked awful though. Glad they finally did it though.

That is the key, and it gets messed up a lot. Just look at Once Upon a Time for an example of doing it poorly a lot of the time. But then go back and look at Battlestar Galactica. The show is 10 years old now and has some of the best effects work in it.

Another awesome light episode. Would've loved to see another Firefly reference but I can understand them not wanting to beat a dead horse. All in all ep was great fun.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
man last ep 2 where FANTASTIC love the fact that they are just having fun right now.
Time travel and Western spin-offs? fantastic and great fun.
Sure, but it also kinda indicates that they're running out of ideas. What's next, a post-apocalyptic spin off, a medieval fantasy spin off, etc.? Gotta check that list!

Sure, but it also kinda indicates that they're running out of ideas. What's next, a post-apocalyptic spin off, a medieval fantasy spin off, etc.? Gotta check that list!

Eh, I disagree. Castle has always embraced the good fun episodes. More heavily in the early seasons actually. These types push the line further, sure, but I think they recognize that the fanbase is accepting of that.

Lenardo

Banned
only 2 things i didn't like about the episode

the cock block when camping- totally unnecessary- but alas the writers for some stupid reason need to have at least one an episode-

can they not just have one REALLY Sweet, romantic sort of steamy love scene???

and 2- castle's fumbling with the gun at the end, the guy has SHOWN ON THE SHOW that he is a good quick draw(vampire episode -when he was dressed as MAL) and is a Marksman shot with a gun...but noooooo bumbling castle FTW.

other than that ...holy shit at Kate's outfits, especially that dress- anyone notice they had her scar visible, and a WHOLE lotta leg...and bosum...mmMmmm yummy...

Everyone will become characters they played in other shows. Stana Katic will become either her character from Heroes, 24, or The Librarian The Spirit. Penney Jerald will transform into Sherry Palmer from 24.

fhd008spt_stana_katic16jd1.jpg

With a bonus Harvey from Suits

Five minutes into the episode, and then the cable goes out. NOT COOL! At least the internet is still working here.

I guess I will catch the episode On Demand tomorrow.

Ok did not expect that bomb shell at the end there :O

mmmm not sure how its going to go next, I assume he will have more time to figure out his kidnapping now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as much as this is a guilty pleasure, they need to end this already, its beyond stale imo.

Lenardo

Banned
the imo issue with the show is.

1- the show runners(both marlowe before this season and amanm now) has no clue what to do with castle and beckett AS a married Couple..several episodes this season, you'd think that castle and beckett were partner,,not a romantic Couple- no hand holding, no affection, no kisses, just ..blah.

we have had that issue since mid season 5

this season:

the "new mythology" for castle is ..not resonating with the fans.
the story lines this season- are not resonating with the fans(with a couple of exceptions-7x07 being one).

heck the episodes are making them stop watching the show live.

in fact...since the season finale last year. the ratings have gone down SIGNIFICANTLY and they have lost ~2 million live viewers (castle was pulling 10mill on mondays this last episode was under 7.5 million) for the midseason final 2 episodes, they BOTH have fallen flat. castle was averaging -live- last season around a 2, monday's episode was 1.4 ( lowest demo rating for the show to date by the way)about a 30% drop in ratings.

the subway episode was boring and while the case monday was- in fact- decent- as a midseason finale, it sucked..why end on angst, why end on THAT...

imo the best midseason finale imo would have been 7x07 the honeymoon episode.

at least then the fans would have been happy going into the christmas break.

Joni

It is time for Castle to end. They just don't have good ideas for procedural episodes anymore.

Nathan FIllion should go the comedy route:

B4YUdjkIYAAIEv-.jpg

Castle has never been BAD, and I'm enjoying it more than Bones these days, but both shows need to wrap things up this season, next season the very latest.

Top Bottom