• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - |OT| - Dead and Loving It!

Born in 83 as well

That's my top games. Even though there are plenty of other Castlevania games I've enjoyed and loved. These stick out to me for some reason. If honestly haven't played a Castlevania game I didn't enjoy though. It's one of my all time favorite series and I'm so happy it still going on even today! So thank you Konami!

We3Sz3x.gif

Miguel81

Man, Mercury Steam have the best art designers in the business. I'd love to see them remake Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse.

Hey Ahasverus I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind answering.

Are there more skills to learn in this game than LoS1? As far as basic combos (not counting the light and shadow moves) I think around chapter 7 I already had everything unlocked and was kinda bummed that was it.

Are there more items that are so hidden they might as well be invisible, making them hard to find? Because in LoS1 there were some that were completely hidden behind a rock or even off screen and the camera didn't even show the items you were getting (gems). This was one of the first games in a while that I had to actually use a guide to find items or I would have totally missed them.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Game looks good. Wonder why it was just a 6 in GameInformer? Is it really that repetitive?

Man, Mercury Steam have the best art designers in the business. I'd love to see them remake Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse.

wow, i wonder how many artbooks you've actually seen.

Sure MS are good, but the way some of you talk about them, you'd thingk they were god teir..

art design better be good with any gaming company, its how it translates to the poly's that matters when it comes to gaming.

Ahasverus

Hey Ahasverus I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind answering.

Are there more skills to learn in this game than LoS1? As far as basic combos (not counting the light and shadow moves) I think around chapter 7 I already had everything unlocked and was kinda bummed that was it.

Are there more items that are so hidden they might as well be invisible, making them hard to find? Because in LoS1 there were some that were completely hidden behind a rock or even off screen and the camera didn't even show the items you were getting (gems). This was one of the first games in a while that I had to actually use a guide to find items or I would have totally missed them.
Hi RocketSkates! Well keep in mind I can only answer what I recall from.interviews until tuesday or so I get my copy. I hope I'm useful though!

- Yes. Supposedly all the LoS1 combat moves are unlocked at the start of the game. The new skill system rewards points for the weapon you use, there are three skill threes one for every weapon in the game.

- Yes. There are many collectibles in this game. The first thing MercurySteam wanted to do with the new free camera was giving reasons for the players to use it. There are secret paths and rewards, however there won't be obscured anymore as you control the camera. It's more Symphony of the night than LoS in that sense.

Hope I helped you!

Hi RocketSkates! Well keep in mind I can only answer what I recall from.interviews until tuesday or so I get my copy. I hope I'm useful though!

- Yes. Supposedly all the LoS1 combat moves are unlocked at the start of the game. The new skill system rewards points for the weapon you use, there are three skill threes one for every weapon in the game.

- Yes. There are many collectibles in this game. The first thing MercurySteam wanted to do with the new free camera was giving reasons for the players to use it. There are secret paths and rewards, however there won't be obscured anymore as you control the camera. It's more Symphony of the night than LoS in that sense.

Hope I helped you!
Awesome! I'm excited about those three skill trees, I'm definitely looking forward to being able to customize Gabriel. Like I said earlier I was bummed when I had already gotten all the skills and was just past halfway in the game, and now it appears I'll have plenty of skills to be working towards.

And I'm REALLY excited about the free camera. You have no idea how many times I found myself rotating the right stick trying to move the camera out of habit. It's definitely going to make things easier it sounds like.

Thanks for the answers! Tuesday can't come soon enough!

Game looks good. Wonder why it was just a 6 in GameInformer? Is it really that repetitive?

That was one of their main complaints? Any choice quotes? I'm still getting it no matter what, loved the atmosphere, art style, and combat in the demo. Never played the original but was pleasantly surprised how meaty and satisfying the combat felt from what little I played. I can forgive repetitiveness if the world and story are good.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GMG never sends early keys right?

Seems so
LLShC.gif

That was one of their main complaints? Any choice quotes? I'm still getting it no matter what, loved the atmosphere, art style, and combat in the demo. Never played the original but was pleasantly surprised how meaty and satisfying the combat felt from what little I played. I can forgive repetitiveness if the world and story are good.

Complains on the world come from the Modern Day setting not being interesting and preferring the old sections. There seems to be no complains on the story on the review unless I missed something.

TentPole

GMG never sends early keys right?

I have ordered over 15 games from them and have always received my key at least 24 hours before the game unlocks. I know there are stories of the keys going out on the day of release, but I can guarantee that it is the norm to receive the keys in advance.

Carm

It takes 10 seconds to check their forum to see Konami already denied them the ability to give out the keys now for preload. Unless Konami change their minds, probably not till midnight Tuesday.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I can download 6GBs in like 20 minutes so I don't really care much about pre-loading. Just wanted for it to be ready as quick as possible :p

Miguel81

wow, i wonder how many artbooks you've actually seen.

Sure MS are good, but the way some of you talk about them, you'd thingk they were god teir..

art design better be good with any gaming company, its how it translates to the poly's that matters when it comes to gaming.

Opinions, how do they work? I think MS have fantastic art designers, and that's that.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
- Apparently, a horrible stealth section.
- "Modern day setting is conceptually interesting, but fails in execution".
- Says that Gabriel spends most of his time in abandoned alleys and the occasional ruined plaza.
- Gabriel apparently visits more classic Castlevania-style locations and the
toy theatre
is one of the nicer sections of the game.

- Says that Gabriel spends most of his time in abandoned alleys and the occasional ruined plaza.
toy theatre

Well that's a bit of a bummer. The urban settings were giving me flashbacks of Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Which reminds me, we really need another vampire game in that style/world design. That was urban vampire atmosphere done right.

Just a few more days baby. I am ready for you. Bought some baby oil earlier after I finished paying the game off. Forgot the scented candles though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
toy theatre

How's the frame rate ?

Ahasverus

More info. Apparently time freezes when Dracula enters the Castle so that complaint about "Dracula playing with toys when the world is being destroyed" is unfounded. Lol some reviewers. Also, the guy (who is apparently a journalist breaking embargo) said the game has more platfforming BUT actual platfforming, not ledge shyming.
And that Agreus labyribth stealth section? YEP, It's bullshit. The mist lasts about 5 seconds and takes more than that to replenish. He says he was having a total blast for almost 10 hours non stop but that part made him quit. He will try agaib though
Edit: Oops, double.post

Warning: With the game out in the wild, this thread does NOT welcome spoilers (and, of course, above all, piracy) any non-gameplay related spoilers posted here without tags will be frowned upon, and temporary ban will be requested.

Who died and made you a mod? There is one thing asking for a bit of common courtesy from fellow members, and another to dictate what people can and can't post.

Mideon

Only just noticed they have dropped the Dracula figure that was originally part of the Tomb Edition, strange!?!

Also looks like they dropped giving us the original game box too just the steelbook.

img_normal.jpg

Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-2-Dracula-Tomb-Edition.jpg

Top Bottom