• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Trade between the jags and eagles pending approval.

Eagles get: Justin Blackmon

Jags get: Darren Sproles and a 3rd round pick

The Tampa Bay Bucs have offered Mike Kafka and a 2015 7th round pick in exchange for 25yo QB Terrelle Pryor. Head coach Thomas Anderson is willing to try anything at this point to light a fire under his struggling offense. Chris Mortenson reports that the 1st year head coach was placed on suicide watch following another disappointing loss to the Steelers that saw QB Josh McCown toss 6 picks.

-ESPN

abrack08

The Tampa Bay Bucs have offered Mike Kafka and a 2015 7th round pick in exchange for 25yo QB Terrelle Pryor. Head coach Thomas Anderson is willing to try anything at this point to light a fire under his struggling offense. Chris Mortenson reports that the 1st year head coach was placed on suicide watch following another disappointing loss to the Steelers that saw QB Josh McCown toss 6 picks.

-ESPN

Is this already agreed to and being submitted to the trade committee or are you offering this to another owner?

GG, didn't meant to call that final TO btw.

And that first interception was competently not my fault, I fucking called a comeback audible and for some reason it didn't take, and he kept his original route.

ShaneB

GG, didn't meant to call that final TO btw.

And that first interception was competently not my fault, I fucking called a comeback audible and for some reason it didn't take, and he kept his original route.

It's all good, you're clearly the better player! GG, best of luck moving forward.

I am so terrible.

Patriots Packers would like to announce the trade of Steven Ridley for a Fourth Round pick and John Starks.

Basically we're doing take backs.

Trade committee pls respond

Patriots Packers would like to announce the trade of Steven Ridley for a Fourth Round pick and some backup RB who I never touched and I forgot the name of.

You gotta at least give us the name of that "Some backup RB" for us to even consider this trade.... Please edit your post.

thomasbk

Bills vs Texans are set to play tonight around 9pm eastern time... that's just in time before the league advances right?

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
to the Washington franchise owner (i refuse to repeat the racist name) - can you play tonight at 1030? I plan on administering your first loss

Patriots Packers would like to announce the trade of Steven Ridley for a Fourth Round pick and John Starks.

Looks like the Packers are regretting trading Lacy to the Browns LOL!!! Ridley is almost as solid as Lacy though regardless.... Surprised you ridding yourself of him so quickly

abrack08

2125-492Fr.jpg

abrack08

You're both too late...

They're talking about Week 5, they've already played week 4 (or had a bye). The remaining games are:

Colts/Titans (playing tonight at 8 ET)
Bills/Texas (playing tonight at 9 ET)
Eagles/49ers (tried to play last night, kept desyncing)

Bacon

I'll be subbing in to do the recaps this week folks.

ovmphx.gif

Player of the Game:

Alfred Morris continues his fine year as he rushes for 61 yards and adds another touchdown to his resume.

Game Notes (I won't promise interesting):

This game was a defensive struggle, the Skins were fortunate to be the beneficiaries of two Giants turnovers while only committing one themselves.

The total yards gained were even for each team; with the Giants out gaining the Skins by just 5 yards.

The Skins had the more balanced offensive attack, with 111 passing yards and 60 rushing yards, compared to the Giants 138 passing yards and 40 rushing yards.

Jordan Reed made the most of his 3 catches, amassing 40 yards and a vital touchdown.

Giants Runningback Rashad Jennings had a balanced effort, catching 6 passes, which led the team, and running the ball 10 times.

Akeem Jordan and Ryan Kerrigan had the two interceptions for the Skins, Jameel McClain had the interception for the Giants.

Spencer Paysinger had a strong defensive outing for the Giants, with 8 tackles.

There were 9 punts total in this game.

shvley.gif

Bears beat the Packers 34 to 15

Player of the Game:

The Bears played well in all facets of the game, but Jay Cutler was the true star of this one. He completed over 80 percent of his passes, threw for 2 touchdowns and no interceptions. It was as close to a perfect game for a quarterback as you can get.

Game Notes:

Aaron Rogers uncharacteristically threw FOUR interceptions.

Sticking with the Aaron Rogers theme, he completed just 6 passes out of 21 for 90 yards. One of the passes was a touchdown, to be fair.

The game got so bad for Rogers that he was benched in the middle of the game for Brian Hoyer (Or HoyerF as some know him by)

The question must be asked, Is Aaron Rogers elite? Stay tuned folks.

If you thought the packers passing game was bad, the running game was worse. Newly acquired Stevan Ridley had just 2 attempts for 7 yards. He gained all of those yards on one attempt while gaining no yards on the other. Rumor is he is now on the trade block.

Alshon Jeffery had a monster game for the Bears, hauling in 6 catches for 66 yards (666, Alshon is the devil confirmed) and 1 touchdown catch.

The Bears Defense contributed a whole lot, grabbing 4 interceptions and returning one for a touchdown. Kyle Fuller had the td return.

The Packers offense struggled staying on the field, they converted 30 percent of their third down conversions and 33 percent of their fourth down conversions.

Overall I would characterize this game as one where the Bears played really fantastic defense and were able to take advantage of Packers mistakes.

The Bears now have a leg up in the divisional race, the next showdown of these two teams will be eagerly anticipated.

dxpdyx.gif

Player of the Game:

Owen Daniels had a strong game, grabbing 7 catches for 111 yards and a touchdown, with a long of 31.

Game Notes:

Cam Newton went 5/13 for 45 yards. I'll repeat that, Cam Newton went 5/13 for 45 yards.

Cam Newton ran the ball 4 times for 49 yards.

On the other side of the spectrum, Joe Flacco went 25/33 for 268 yards.

Joe Flacco ran the ball 1 time for -2 yards.

The teams, on offense at least, were essentially complete opposites of one another. The Ravens passed the ball more effectively than the Panthers, and the Panthers ran the ball more effectively than the Ravens.

The score looks closer than it really was, Safety Thomas Decoud picked off a Joe Flacco throw in the first quarter and ran it back for a touchdown, which would be the only touchdown the Panthers would have on the day.

The Panthers were shutout in the second half.

The Ravens turned the ball over three times and were still able to overcome that and get the victory.

fzvnce.gif

Player of the Game:

Chris Johnson ran the ball for 98 yards and scored a touchdown for the Jets.

Game Notes:

The Jets are a terrible team who barely got their first win of the season against the Lions.

I hear the Jets owner is a real dirtbag too, fuck him.

The Jets were fortunate enough to scoop and score a touchdown off of a Reggie Bush fumble.

Matt Flynn played average, the competition between him and Geno Smith should be one to keep you eye on. (Matt Flynn will continue to start, I was never good at building suspense.)

The Lions turned the ball over three times, if they hadn't they would have won by forty.

Bacon

bfpvct.gif

(Roethlisbergers fat ass is covering the number 4 in 14.)

Player of the Game:

Leveon Bell had a dominant game this week. He ended up with 25 attempts for 150 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Game Notes:

I can't possibly lead off with anything but this:

There were a combined 13 turnovers in this game. Thirteen!

Josh McCown threw 6 interceptions, with Fat Ben right on his heels with 4. At least Josh McCown threw two touchdowns to gain some sense of dignity back.

Big Fat Ben didn't need to throw any touchdowns because he was carried by his running back Leveon Bell, who had one of the most dominant single man performances of the season.

The Bucs couldn't get anything going this week on the ground, rushing for 13 yards total.

Vincent Jackson was a bright spot for the Bucs, hauling in 3 catches for 106 yards, one of those catches being a 92 yard reception.

It was a very sloppy game overall, and the steelers were smart to keep the ball on the ground and out of Big Ben's fat hands.

yplfcb.gif

Player of the Game:

Dannell Ellerbe had 2 interceptions and returned one for a touchdown. On top of that, he had 5 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss, and 1 pass deflection.

Game Notes:

The Raiders are going to look at this one as a missed opportunity in a tight AFC. They out-gained the dolphins in both the passing and the running game, but turnovers were their undoing.

Matt Moore had a mistake free game, going 10/12 for 119 yards and 2 touchdowns.

The Dolphins were certainly carried by their defensive effort and their ability to not commit turnovers.

Mike Wallace was the most prolific receiver for the Dolphins, catching 4 passes for 39 yards with one score.

This is a game that would have been much tighter had the Raiders not shot themselves in the foot so many times, but the Dolphins were able to take advantage of those turnovers and convert them into points, claiming the victory.

rpcgig.gif

Player of the Game:

I'm going to do something unprecedented here and give the game ball to TWO players. That's right, I'm not a great decision maker, it's a personal flaw of mine. Anywhoooo,

The players of the game are Toby Gerhart and Darren Sproles. Both combined to make up a dominant rushing attack. Toby Gerhart ran the ball 19 times for 124 yards. Darren Sproles ran the ball 10 times for 79 yards and a touchdown. Darren Sproles also caught 3 balls for 30 yards. Do you see why this was so difficult for me now? Never mind that, onto the stats.

Game Notes:

The passing game for both teams was bad. The Jags threw for 66 yards and the Bolts passed for 99 yards. At least hit three digits, come on now.

As the Players of the game might have tipped you off, the Jags relied heavily on their running attack, which was quite good. This may be the true "thunder and lightning" duo that Tiki Barber and No gain Ron Dayne never were.

Comparatively, this was a pretty mistake free game, the Jags turned it over twice and the Chargers lost the ball once.

The Chargers scored their second touchdown in the fourth quarter, trying to get the comeback but just failed. The Jags field goal from the third quarter ended up making all the difference.

The Bright spot for the Chargers was Keenan Allen, who grabbed 3 balls for 61 yards and a touchdown.

plgpga.gif

Player of the Game:

Surprise! Adrian Peterson takes this weeks player of the game for the Vikes, Running for 159 yards and a TD.

Game Notes:

The Falcons never got much going on offense, being out gained by the Vikings by almost a full 100 yards.

Each team only threw one pick, so turnovers were not an issue in this game. I feel like I have to note the turnover differential in every game for comparison because there was a 13 turnover game this week. Thirteen!

The Vikings played extremely well on third down, converting all but one of their 8 opportunities.

Matt Ryan didn't play bad, but he didn't do enough to win, passing for 131 yards no touchdowns, and an interception.

I'm sure everyone is interested in a Teddy Bridgewater update so here goes: The Rookie completed 9 out of 12 passes for 112 yards. He threw a TD and an int. All in all good game for the rook.

Old man Steven Jackson had a solid game for the Falcons, rushing for 66 yards and the lone touchdown for the Falcons.

Fixed1979

So Rodgers is human after all. That makes me feel better, pretty sure I have them after my bye week is over.

Also Jets Lions write up. lol

Jarate

Banned
not only did Rodgers throw 4 picks, but he also got injured for 5 weeks with an abdominal tear

I now have to depend on HOyerF and my new stud running back Alex Hale

Bacon

not only did Rodgers throw 4 picks, but he also got injured for 5 weeks with an abdominal tear

I now have to depend on HOyerF and my new stud running back Alex Hale

Ahh didn't realize he got injured, I said he was benched in the recaps, my bad!

Top Bottom