• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

ShaneB

Yeah that was ugly. I was streaming, but perhaps I shouldn't have.
KuGsj.gif

Ah well. On to week 3!

Jarate

Banned
I'll post some recaps tomorrow, sorry, day was filled with a shit ton of reading for homework and of course Destiny

abrack08

Don't get too cocky now. A lot of us are still adjusting. We wouldn't want you to pull a Peyton Manning by having a strong regular season only to crash and burn once the playoffs begin.

I'm mostly just giving people something to quote to make fun of me when I go 7-9 and miss the playoffs.

Bacon

Michael Vick is on the trade block.

vick_madden_2004.jpg

Just look at that stiff arm. How could you not want this man on your team?

Bacon

since he's most likely retiring at the end of the season, what are you looking for in return for Vick?

I have it on good authority that he will not be retiring at the end of the season, in fact, he thinks he can play at a high level for years to come!

But more seriously, just looking for a mid round draft pick/ young receiver in the high 70's range.

abrack08

Lol.

"So what are you looking to do with him?"

"I'd like to trade him for a 2nd round pick"

*laughs* "Yeah, that's not gonna happen."

"I don't even know if this is the real Michael Vick. Tell you what, let me bring in my friend, he's an expert on modern day NFL players."

Expert: He is for sure the real deal. He has good speed, and throw power. A little bit of wear and tear here and there. Overall fairly good but may need some repair. I would value this player at around a 3rd round pick.

Rick: So what do you want after hearing that?

Seller: I would like a 3rd round pick please.

Rick: Well... Thats not going to happen har har har. The best I can do is about a 6th. Its a big risk for me. He could end up sitting on my bench for a while. I also have to invest some to fix him up. So how about a 6th?

Jarate

Banned
HZt48Kh.gif

Bears vs 49ers

Player of the Game;

FS Chris Conte, Giving hope to Caucasian defensive backs everywhere, Conte nabbed 3 interceptions which was vital for the Bears close victory.

Interesting Notes;

The Bears some how won the turnover battle by 4, despite having Jay Cutler on their team

Both teams combined for 48 total yards of rushing

Both teams combined for just 5 3rd down conversions

The game was a very equal affair as the yards both teams produced were very even

Colin Kaepernick threw a 74 yard completion to Anquan Boldin

Both teams running backs only managed 2.4 ypc

Brandon Marshall had 8 receptions, the next highest for the bears was 3 by Matt Forte

Patrick Willis had 3 TFL

Despite the interceptions, Colin Kaepernick never got sacked

a0o8rM4.gif

Bengals vs Falcons

Player of the Game;

RB Giovanni Bernard, with another awful game by Andy Dalton, the run game had to save the Bengals, and Bernard did just that, rushing for 79 yards on 16 carries and also scoring a touchdown to lead the Bengals to a decisive victory.

Interesting Notes;

The Falcons only managed 54 pass yards, 27 less then their rush yards

Both teams combined for 6 turnovers

Matt Ryan had the worst statistical game for a QB this season, throwing for 75 yards on 5 completions, on 22 attempts. He also got picked off 5 times. This means that he threw the same number of completions to both teams during this game. His QB rating was 1.7

Andy Dalton, not to be outdone, had a QB rating of 32.2, another poor performance by him

Jermaine Gresham had the most receptions with 4

The most receptions for the Falcons was Julio Jones with 2

Paul Worilow had 8 tackles, including 3 for loss

There were 8 interceptions all done by different players

The highest amount of tackles by a Bengals player was 4 by Rey Maluaga and Vontzae Burfict

MbBniUI.gif

Broncos vs Chiefs

Player of the Game;

QB Peyton Manning, while not having the dominant performance he's used to having, still managed a nice game, with 236 yards passing a touchdown

Interesting Notes;

The Chiefs got both outrushed and outpassed

Jamaal Charles had another dominating game Kick Returning, he's a force to be reckoned with on the return game

The Chiefs committed 4 turnovers compared to the Broncos 0

The Broncos committed 4 less 3rd down conversions, and still dominated

QB Alex Smith threw 4 interceptions while his longest pass was only 19 yards

Jamaal Charles once again struggled to run the ball, only having a ypc of 3.2

Julius Thomas had 7 catches for 66 yards, the same amount of yards that Wes Welker produced (only 3 catches)

All 6 of the receivers for the Broncos had at least 2 catches

There were 10 total TFL in the game, nobody had more then 1

The Chiefs only punted 1 time

The Chiefs had 6 total Kick Returns

There was only 1 punt return

zZ22neC.gif

Cardinals vs Giants

Player of the Game;

RB Andre Ellington might not have had the best game rushing, but his combined total of 161 with 75 receiving yards and 86 rushing yards with 2 total touchdowns gave the cardinals the boost they needed to win.

Interesting Notes;

The Giants had more 1st downs the Cardinals, despite getting outgained

The Cardinals lost the turnover battle

The Giants had 2 red zone appearances, only getting a field goal out of it

Eli Manning had a YPA of 7.3 yards compared to Carson Palmer's 15.3 YPA

Rashad Jennings struggled running the ball, only getting 39 yards on 12 carries

The Ginats top 3 recievers had the most catches in the game, but none of the average 10 YPC or more during the game

There were 8 TFL despite there being only 1 sack

There were 3 defensive touchdowns in the game, 2 for the Giants

Sorry if these are going to be shorter then last week, a lot of stats are becoming more league like, and also I have less time to scower for stats. I'll be doing part 3 and part 4 soon

Fixed1979

Matt Ryan had the worst statistical game for a QB this season, throwing for 75 yards on 5 completions, on 22 attempts. He also got picked off 5 times. This means that he threw the same number of completions to both teams during this game. His QB rating was 1.7

I'm sorry Wooly, but I laughed out loud at that one. I'm not any better, it just caught me off guard.

Sorry if these are going to be shorter then last week, a lot of stats are becoming more league like, and also I have less time to scower for stats. I'll be doing part 3 and part 4 soon

It's not a job! Whatever you manage to pull off is excellent.

Jarate

Banned
ev18VCq.gif

Colts vs Eagles

Player of the Game;

QB Andrew Luck led a dominating performance over the Eagles with 4 touchdowns, 295 yards passing with a 130 QB rating

Interesting Notes;

The Eagles defense could not stop the Colts as the had almost 400 yards of total offense

The Colts had 8 3rd down conversions and 1 4th down conversion

The Longest completion of the night by the Colts was only 24 yards

Trent Richardson came into his own with 102 yards rushing on only 17 carries and a touchdown.

No player averaged less the 5 YPC

the 5 receivers who had the most yards receiving were Colts.

T Y Hilton had 2 touchdown receptions

Bjoern Werner managed 3 sacks in the game

Mychal Kendricks also had 2 sacks in the game

Earl Wolff had 10 tackles in the game

Donnie Jones punted the ball 3 times for an average of 51 yards

The teams combined for 40 total penalty yards, a high mark for a non simulated game

IHFXxfk.gif

Panthers vs Lions

Player of the Game;

MLB Luke Kuechly was a force to be reckoned with as he not only had 4 tackles, but he also returned an interception for 89 yards for a score

Interesting Notes;

The Lions outgained the Panthers despite losing by 14

The Panthers scored 35 points even though they had only 204 total yards of offense

The Panthers scored 21 points in the second quarter

The Lions committed 5 turnovers

The Panthers had 4 red zone trips and scored touchdowns on all 4

Cam Newton only threw 120 yards of passing in the win

Mathew Stafford had a qb rating of 82.3 despite throwing 4 interceptions

Jonathan Stewart scored 2 touchdowns in the game, despite having a YPC of only 3.4

Calvin Johnson was by far the best player on the field, receiving 9 catches, 140 yards, and 3 touchdowns.

Greg Olsen caught 2 passes for 7 yards and 2 touchdowns

5 different Panthers caught 5 different interceptions

The Lions never punted in the game

gFnxJzK.gif

Patriots vs Vikings

Player of the Game;

TE Rob Gronkowski had a magnificent game, receiving the ball 9 times for 132 yards and an unbelievable 4 touchdowns.

Interesting Notes;

This has been the most lopsided victory so far (33 points)

The Vikings got outgained by almost 300 yards

The Vikings only had 1 less minute TOP despite losing by 33

Adrian Peterson struggled once again, only having 45 yards and 3.2 YPC

Tom Brady had a marvelous game throwing 5 touchdowns and 416 yards

The Patriots had 415 yards passing total and only 24 yards rushing

The Vikings only had 86 yards passing total

The Patriots had 9 TFL

The Patriots did not return any kickoffs

Joe Banyard had a 23 yard rush yet ended the game with only 19 yards rushing

ZMxWpEU.gif

Ravens vs Steelers

Player of the Game;

QB Joe Flacco had a stammeringly efficient game with 251 yards, and 2 touchdowns. His 90% completion percentage helped lead him to a qb rating of 152

Interesting Notes;

The Steelers outgained the Ravens despite losing

The Steelers had 4 red zone appearances, and only came away with 2 field goals

The Steelers won the TOP battle

Ben Roethlisberger had a 80 yard completion, and Joe Flacco had a 64 yard completion

Roethlisberger threw for 328 yards

There was only 1 turnover the entire game

Ray Rice had 96 yards rushing and averaged 5.6 YPC with a touchdown

Dennis Pitta and Jacoby Jones both had 104 yards receiving, Pitta had 9 catches and Jones had 4

Markus Wheaton had 141 yards receiving on only 4 receptions

Nobody got sacked the entire game

There was only 1 punt total the entire game by both teams

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Hey Redskins (AJones)

I can play thur/fri after 6pm MST. Let me know if you can do this or if you cannot! Thanks man!

Jarate

Banned
yYOAoJS.gif

Redskins vs Jaguars

Player of the Game;

RB Alred Morris had an absolutely dominating performance. With 164 yards and 1 touchdown, Morris came back from a average game last week.

Interesting Notes;

The Redskins once again had more rush yards then passing yards

The Redskins had 10 more first downs then the Jaguars

The Jaguars committed 4 turnovers, losing the turnover battle again

The Jaguars only had 1 3rd down conversion

The Redskins had 5 red zone appearances, settling for 3 field goals, this game could've been a lot uglier then what it was

Blake Bortles did better in his second game, but still threw 4 interceptions. Despite throwing 4 interceptions, he still had a QB rating of over 90

Blake Bortles was the leading rusher for the Jaguars despite only having a single rush

Jacksonville's leading reciever only had 2 receptions

Jordan Reed had 5 catches for 92 yards, giving him by far the best recieving performance of any player

Cotrland Finnegan had 2 interceptions

Brian Orakpo returned an interception for a touchdown

Kai Forbath had 3 field goals, his longest being 28 yards

Both teams punter the ball once

Desean Jackson returned a punt for a touchdown

XplWQkG.gif

Saints vs Browns

Player of the Game;

LE Junior Galette had a fairly dominating performance. He sacked the QB 3 times and also added another 2 tackles.

Interesting Notes;

New Orleans scored 15 points in the 4th quarter to comeback and win

The Saints won depsite turning the ball over 3 times

The Browns did not score from the Red Zone

Drew Brees threw 3 interceptions but still had a qb rating of 93.9

Johnny Football had a much better 2nd start, throwing the ball for 209 yards and a QB rating of 92.9

Ben Tate had a 6.2 YPC. He only carried the ball 11 times

Jimmy Graham was the best reciever of the day, his 5 catches for 86 yards were both game highs

There were 13 total plays for a loss in this game

Craig Robertson had 5 tackles, a sack, and 2 interceptions

3 different players for the Saints had 2 or more TFL

NEYoHIg.gif

Texans vs Raiders

Player of the Game;

ROLB Jadeveon Clowney, in his first season, his playmaking skills are already under display. Jadeveon had a sack, an interception, a forced fumble, and 3 tackles in only his second game.

Interesting Notes;

Both teams were incredibly equal. The Raiders outgained the Texans by 11, the Texans had 3 more first downs, both had 2 turnovers, the Raiders only had 1 more 3rd down conversion

The Texans had around 2 minutes less TOP then the Raiders but still won

Both QB's struggler mightily, no QB posted a QB rating over 70

Arian Foster bounced back and ran the ball efficiently. He had 15 carries for 94 yards for a 6.4 YPC

Maurice Jones Drew also had an excellent game, running the ball 18 time for 83 yards

Brad Smelley scored the only touchdown for the Texans, which is hilarious because his name is Smelley

Denarius Moore would've won player of the week if his team won. He had an excellent game with 9 catches for 146 yards and a touchdown.

Arian Foster had 25 YAC despite only having 11 yards receiving

Nobody caught more then 3 passes for the Titans

Tarrel Brown had 2 interceptions in the game. His player profile pic looks incredibly angry about this

David Akers kicked 3 field goals including a must needed 50 yarder.

5maKfPg.gif

Titans vs Cowboys

Player of the Game;

WR Justin Hunter had a boatload of a game for the Titans. He caught 6 passes for 140 yards and 3 touchdowns and helped lead the Titans to a big victory.

Interesting Notes;

Despite having a brilliant defensive performance last week, the Cowboys ended up having a dreadful one giving up 31 points

There were no turnovers in the game, the first in NGFL history

The Cowboys won the TOP battle, and also had more 3rd down conversions then the Titans. Despite this, they still lost

Jake Locker had a beautiful game (RIP CHARLIE WHITEHURST), he threw for 250 yards and 3 touchdowns. His QB rating was an impressive 144

Tony Romo also had a grand game, throwing for 306 yards and two touchdowns giving him a 127.9 QB rating

Bishop Sankey ran the ball only 8 times but managed 54 yards and a touchdown. He had a YPC of 6.8

Dez Bryant caught 9 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown. Him and Justin Hunter both had marvelous games

Tyrone Crawford had 2 sacks in the game

Zach Brown deflected 2 passes for the Titans

Marc Mariani had 107 kickoff return yards and a 26.8 kick return acerage, despite the horrible affliction of being a white kickoff returner

He also returned a punt for 15 yards

Jarate

Banned
Players of the Week;

NFC Offensive Player; Calvin Johnson. 9 Rec. 140 Yds. 3 TDs
NFC Defensive Player; Chris Conte. 2 Tkl. 3 Int.

AFC Offensive Player; Tom Brady. 40-53, 416 Yds. 5 TD
AFC Defensive Player; Craig Robertson. 5 Tkl. 1 Sack. 2 Int.

No Power Rankings this week, will try to do them for next week, and always remember

GPKzNFZ.gif

hlhbk

NEYoHIg.gif

Texans vs Raiders

Player of the Game;

ROLB Jadeveon Clowney, in his first season, his playmaking skills are already under display. Jadeveon had a sack, an interception, a forced fumble, and 3 tackles in only his second game.

Interesting Notes;

Both teams were incredibly equal. The Raiders outgained the Texans by 11, the Texans had 3 more first downs, both had 2 turnovers, the Raiders only had 1 more 3rd down conversion

The Texans had around 2 minutes less TOP then the Raiders but still won

Both QB's struggler mightily, no QB posted a QB rating over 70

Arian Foster bounced back and ran the ball efficiently. He had 15 carries for 94 yards for a 6.4 YPC

Maurice Jones Drew also had an excellent game, running the ball 18 time for 83 yards

Brad Smelley scored the only touchdown for the Texans, which is hilarious because his name is Smelley

Denarius Moore would've won player of the week if his team won. He had an excellent game with 9 catches for 146 yards and a touchdown.

Arian Foster had 25 YAC despite only having 11 yards receiving

Nobody caught more then 3 passes for the Titans

Tarrel Brown had 2 interceptions in the game. His player profile pic looks incredibly angry about this

David Akers kicked 3 field goals including a must needed 50 yarder.

I literally laughed our loud about this one! LOL! Great write up. I still haven't forgiven my corner and saftey for giving up a 25 yard pass on 3rd and 20 at the Texans 15 with 1:20 left in a tied game. Though the beat down I probably will get from the Patriots might make me forget it. LOL.

Keep up the good work man!

Jets and I have agreed to trade Kenny Britt for a 6th rounder if the board approves

So the ruling on this trade is...... REJECTED!!! 2 vote to 1. (sorry about the caps... it was done more so for effect LOL) if you wanna revise it go ahead. Pm me if you want more info as to why it was rejected.

Fixed1979

GG Shane. Today I learned how OT works, and it was a hard lesson...It'll take a couple days for me to get over the stupidity I pulled of at the end of that one. I also think we've sent the high water mark for total interceptions in a game, so we have that going for us.

ShaneB

GG Shane. Today I learned how OT works, and it was a hard lesson...It'll take a couple days for me to get over the stupidity I pulled of at the end of that one. I also think we've sent the high water mark for total interceptions in a game, so we have that going for us.

I've accepted that no one really wants to watch me stream when I play that badly. lol. I'll concede it wasn't much of an exciting game! We just seemed to be throwing INTs back and forth to each other in a game of catch.

And yeah, that was a baffling finish. MY missed FG made me gasp, no idea wtf happened, and then I was confused as to what you were doing at the end of OT! :p

GG all in all. I guess it's fitting that it ended in a tie.

Top Bottom