• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBD hemp oil named a Schedule I drug by DEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You'd think the FDA would be the ones determining that stuff.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I'm always confused about how the State/Federal system works with things like this. I hear about dispensaries and the like being raided in states where marijuana is legal now and don't really know where or how a line is crossed.

iamblades

It never ceases to amaze me how big of a failure Obama has been on the war on drugs.

Just embarrassing hypocrisy across the board.

sado

Y'know, things break...
You'd think the FDA would be the ones determining that stuff.

They technically do. In the case of Kratom, they banned its import even though it's technically not illegal (yet). They've been seizing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shipments of the herb without it being illegal based on their own justification without it being outlawed. There's a bunch of companies that sell Kratom that are trying to sue the FDA because of it.

CBD oil is just the next thing to be targeted. In the eyes of the government it's better to die of overdoses than actually help people relieve their pain.

tbf I have always found it mind-blowing enough that CBD products such as ointments and salves are still not available in all 50 states since they do not get you high and can change lives

I'm always confused about how the State/Federal system works with things like this. I hear about dispensaries and the like being raided in states where marijuana is legal now and don't really know where or how a line is crossed.

In the cases where I have seen it happen it's always been because the shop crossed the line, in one case by opening a recreational wing without filing any of the paperwork, and in another when the dealer was selling under the counter and not checking ids.

I'm pretty sure that will change under Sessions

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Cannabis has been a schedule 1 drug for decades. This is nothing new.

CBD derived from hemp is only illegal to cultivate because it can't be grown without the THC parts, but selling and possessing it wasn't illegal under the way it was defined.

Now they're making a new "marijuana extract" listing that would include stuff like CBD hash oil.

u97xKAX.gif

DEA don't care about you and your fucking problems, kids. You get in the way of money.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This swamp needs to be drained.

The DEA is only doing this because this extract is very cheap and can help people that otherwise need very expensive medications.

Hopeful that Trump will get somebody in the DEA that has no favors owed to these fucking alchohol and drug companies and gut every leadership position in the place.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom