• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
What state won the most BCS bowls? Pound for pound, no one touches Alabama.

Haven't looked at the numbers, but the only ones I'd guess were in contention would be Florida, Alabama, and California. Unless OSUn, and their claim to all these BCS wins, is more. Most states with great teams, just have the one team.

I don't like the Charlie Strong hire. He's never performed as well as he should have. They should have been undefeated this year with the #1 QB and a ridiculously easy schedule.

Well, the loss to UCF was justified by them killing that powerhouse Baylor team.

Also, teams should really look into the little WR motion "pass" handoff. What is the drawback??? It's bobbled and dropped for an Incomplete. Slimiest of chances it's bobbled up and picked.

Lonestar

Florida.

2 for FSU, 5 for Florida and 3 for Miami.

Alabama and Auburn only have 5 between them. Less than Ohio state alone.

think it's actually 13, counting UCF's win.

11, counted wrong, because I was looking at a list of scores and scrolling, you might have actual numbers in front of you.

Kacar

Not enough Hyde. Never possibly enough Hyde.

Probably the saddest I've been about a departing player.

Where was Kenny G? XBrax had taken 12 edge spears.

Sammy Watkins finishes game with infinity catches for OMFG yards. Maybe the Browns can get him.

Lonestar

Yeah, Alabama's 3-3, sadly for us.

But good for us, that we're 3-0 in the game that mattered

szUuARY.png

They've should've had that Papa Johns there waiting for him.

Haven't looked at the numbers, but the only ones I'd guess were in contention would be Florida, Alabama, and California. Unless OSUn, and their claim to all these BCS wins, is more. Most states with great teams, just have the one team.

I counted:

Florida - 11
California - 8
Alabama - 6 (counting the win on Monday)
Ohio - 6
Texas - 4

impirius

Not that I'm allowed to ever hope for a Clemson win, but it does mean that the Gamecocks beat the Fiesta, Orange, and Cotton Bowl winners this season. That should look nice for the final rankings.

Charlie Strong to Texas would be interesting. On one hand, he's the anti-Mack in many ways--hard-nosed, non-coddling, doesn't care about what the media says, isn't obsessed to the point of distraction trying to control them, relentless recruiter with a lot of motor.

On the other hand, he really has zero Texas HS ties at all. So he'll need to do a lot of work there, and hire some good recruiting guys that do have connections. You can't fly high in recruiting this state without the HS coaches, and just being the new guy at Texas isn't an automatic slam dunk.

Lonestar

So Florida has 3 teams taking turns sucking ass (and with a neat little freebie this year), Alabama sucked ass for the 1st half of the decade, but have been good for one a year the last 4 years, and California is, I guess, USCw winning alot of Rose Bowls in the middle of the decade, followed by Stanford's run?

Texas is Texas and TCU?

MrJames

Charlie Strong to Texas would be interesting. On one hand, he's the anti-Mack in many ways--hard-nosed, non-coddling, doesn't care about what the media says, isn't obsessed to the point of distraction trying to control them, relentless recruiter with a lot of motor.

On the other hand, he really has zero Texas HS ties at all. So he'll need to do a lot of work there, and hire some good recruiting guys that do have connections. You can't fly high in recruiting this state without the HS coaches, and just being the new guy at Texas isn't an automatic slam dunk.

Have the Texas message boards started in with Blazing Saddles references yet?

Meier

I don't think this means much. It's Texas. If they offer, 90% of kids in the state will accept immediately. I'm sure they'll have more than 1 guy on the staff who sticks around who is devoted to helping with this though.

Lonestar

Good memory, Lone

And haha at the Hancock Bowl. How the Sun has fallen!

that was the page I was looking at earlier.

Damn, I'm old enough to remember the early 90's bowl games, and that whole "Coalition" mess.

But I don't remember a damn thing about the Hancock bowl. Is that were the Sun went?

Is there even still a Sun Bowl?

cashman

Banned
Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownOB 6m
Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban are among candidates new #Texas coach Charlie Strong beat out for the job. Both would have accepted if offered.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban are among candidates new #Texas coach Charlie Strong beat out for the job. Both would have accepted if offered.

I heard they offered Lombardi but he didn't respond, so they went with Strong.

Things I saw on Twitter:

Ohio state allowed 500 yards 3 times this season, as many as previous 12 combined.

Louisville has contacted Duke about David Cutcliffe.

zer0das

Banned
I missed the pass interference call that brought back an interception, but early on the refs weren't calling shit when there was pretty obvious pass interference against DGB. Probably decided to throw him a bone. Honestly the lack of calls early could have contributed to Franklin being rattled too.

Damn just like all those Heisman winners all Texas had to donwas return the calls and offer. I definitely believe this.

Top Bottom