• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

cdyhybrid

UW staff with one position still open, titles subject to change:

QB/OC - Jonathan Smith
RB/RC - Keith Bhonapha
OL - Chris Strausser
WR - Brent Pease
TE - TBA
DC - Pete Kwiatkowski
DL/ST - Jeff Choate
LB - Bob Gregory
DB - Jimmy Lake

JHall

While I'm disappointed we never offered Strong, I hope he does well at Texas. I have a lot of respect for him and what he does.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, Charlie Strong tells his coaching staff he hasn't accepted the offer yet, guess Texas is going to have to go with it's second choice, Mike Krzyzewski.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Things I saw on Twitter:

Ohio state allowed 500 yards 3 times this season, as many as previous 12 combined.

Louisville has contacted Duke about David Cutcliffe.

lol. Cutcliffe would leave Duke for Alabama and thats about it. And I don't see Bama ever offering him unless they needed a transitional coach between Saban and the next big splash.

@Darrin_White 9h
Ohio State QB Braxton Miller hurt throwing shoulder on Orange Bowl's fifth play, said pain was a 9.5

Really wish we could have seen Kenny if Braxton was hurting so bad....

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Charlie Strong to Texas would be interesting. On one hand, he's the anti-Mack in many ways--hard-nosed, non-coddling, doesn't care about what the media says, isn't obsessed to the point of distraction trying to control them, relentless recruiter with a lot of motor.

On the other hand, he really has zero Texas HS ties at all. So he'll need to do a lot of work there, and hire some good recruiting guys that do have connections. You can't fly high in recruiting this state without the HS coaches, and just being the new guy at Texas isn't an automatic slam dunk.

Texas has a class ranked at the top of the Big XII and anywhere from 9-13 nationally right now, and that's after multiple disappointing seasons with a coach who's basically been a lame duck for years. Tech recruited Zaycoven Henderson harder than anybody and high school coaches love our staff and he still committed to UT while outright acknowledging that he didn't even know who their head coach would be next season.

Strong will have no problem recruiting there from day one if he's hired no matter who the staff is and what their connections are. They're Texas. Hiring a staff that already has connections would be great but isn't nearly as important there as for every other school in the area.

cashman

Banned
Strong was really great at building relationships with florida hs coaches, and there's no reason he couldn't do the same at Texas.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Texas has a class ranked at the top of the Big XII and anywhere from 9-13 nationally right now, and that's after multiple disappointing seasons with a coach who's basically been a lame duck for years. Tech recruited Zaycoven Henderson harder than anybody and high school coaches love our staff and he still committed to UT while outright acknowledging that he didn't even know who their head coach would be next season.

Strong will have no problem recruiting there from day one if he's hired no matter who the staff is and what their connections are. They're Texas. Hiring a staff that already has connections would be great but isn't nearly as important there as for every other school in the area.

Also Mack "Coach February" Brown had zero ties to the state when he got here.

jjasper

lol. Cutcliffe would leave Duke for Alabama and thats about it. And I don't see Bama ever offering him unless they needed a transitional coach between Saban and the next big splash.
I don't even know if he would take the Bama job if offered (not interim). Dude does not want anything to do with the pressure that comes with a big time job. Duke is perfect for him.

I do think that moving from one basketball school to another would be a lateral move at best.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Someone suggesting that Strong is holding out, perhaps wants the Miami job, was waiting on Al to leave

@GerdOzone 6m
Joe Mixon said the win over Alabama sealed the deal for him to Oklahoma. Some say single games don't matter...

Top RB in the nation

cashman

Banned
No, I mean the people who were going on about Penn St being one of the best jobs or whatever, and how obviously someone at Tha U would jump in a second.

Not that Golden is an amazing coach or something.

He played at Penn State so there's that.

bachikarn

xcsc.gif

Quake1028

Golden is a good coach, seems to be by all accounts a stand up guy. I guess the call of his alma mater was too strong, even worth jumping right back into sanctions for.

Draxal

Ayup, and besides that while Miami does have the best recruiting area in the country their fan support is anemic and they could use some better support fromthe college itself (facilities are no where as good as they should be).

ag-my001

Congratulations to North Dakota State for winning the NCAA Football Championship, again. Towson (State) was the local favorite, many of my friends went there, but the football gods clearly wanted three championships in a row. In I-AA, at least.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Congratulations to North Dakota State for winning the NCAA Football Championship, again. Towson (State) was the local favorite, many of my friends went there, but the football gods clearly wanted three championships in a row. In I-AA, at least.
It's going to be funny to watch people hop off the bandwagon here when they aren't a completely dominant team next year.

It's going to be funny to watch people hop off the bandwagon here when they aren't a completely dominant team next year.

Just because their coach left for Wyoming doesn't mean they will suddenly fall off. The foundation laid at NDSU should have them set for at least a few more years regardless of coach. Will be interesting to see how Wyoming fares in the next few years. If they start having 11 win seasons then Craig Bohl may be on his way to being a future hall of fame coach

Top Bottom