• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Just because their coach left for Wyoming doesn't mean they will suddenly fall off. The foundation laid at NDSU should have them set for at least a few more years regardless of coach. Will be interesting to see how Wyoming fares in the next few years. If they start having 11 win seasons then Craig Bohl may be on his way to being a future hall of fame coach
They've relied a ton on their D and Klieman is staying on as HC so that's good for them. Almost all their starters are seniors this year, so it'll be interesting to see what's left. I just think people are going to expect them to roll over everyone and I really doubt that's going to happen.

Ceebs

xcsc.gif

This is 100% amazing. Strong would be the first black Texas head coach right?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
All these new blood people getting mods, while some have been here near 14 years and have more free time on GAF than most.

Hard to think about what things they had to do ;)

All these new blood people getting mods, while some have been here near 14 years and have more free time on GAF than most.

I've been banned too many times, and would probably not be deemed intellectual enough to be in the running for GAF mod. I'm curious by nature, so of course I would want to know exactly what being a mod entails from the inside, but after a couple days when that initial prestige subsides, I would get tired of it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Glad Miller is staying, he needs another year if he wants a chance at QBing at the next level....he's got a ways to go though. Improvement from last to this year is a good sign however.

How severe is his shoulder injury? That could be a factor in staying as well.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So Strong isn't going to Texas now? Looks like Saban and Harbaugh will be in a steel cage match!

1211627.jpg

Looks like it's official now
USA Today's George Schroeder reports Texas plans to announce Charlie Strong as their next head coach on Sunday.
"The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation, said Texas is very confident the hire will be completed Sunday," Wolken writes. "The official announcement would be followed by an introductory news conference on Monday." The ball has been in Strong's court for the last 48 hours, and it appears he met with Louisville officials extensively before coming to his decision.
Via: roto

Ceebs

So if Strong stays, that puts Texas at it's 4th choice coach right?

Hoping he stays at Louisville so we can hire him after we fire Muschamp

jjasper

Wait is Strong really going to commit to being the coach at a UT only to change his mind a day later two years in a row?

Meier

I'm a little surprised more old school peeps aren't given it. Stooge had been around for awhile though so props to him! A lot of the newer mods outside this thread were pretty unknown to me.

cdyhybrid

rickbozich ‏@rickbozich 6m
A source confirms to WDRB that Charlie Strong has told U of L AD Tom Jurich that he is leaving for the Texas football job.
Retweeted by Eye on College FBall

Charlie Strong beat out Charlie Strong for the Texas job.

I'm a little surprised more old school peeps aren't given it. Stooge had been around for awhile though so props to him! A lot of the newer mods outside this thread were pretty unknown to me.

Evilore doesn't seem to put much stock in seniority. His criteria seems to mostly be a poster's intelligence, eloquence, rationality, and belief in NeoGAF's mission. If you've ever voiced displeasure with the site, you're out of the running. Trust me, I've been following mod recruiting for quite some time.

barely a mil over his current pay at louisville where he has very little stress. I dont care at this point because if anything he has proven that all of his "im not cut that way" loyalty BS was just that. If not Texas this year then Florida next. Thats where I think he made his biggest mistake. Texas is not a good fit for him at all. He has zero personality, and thats what a lot of us loved about him because he was very down to earth although it did make every interview and press conference seem more like public speaking 101 with that one creepy kid at the back of the class.

At Texas he will not get a break if he has a few disappointing seasons. When Florida opens next year he wont even be on their radar. 4 years from now I think he will be gone from Texas looking back and regretting this move, if for no reason other then Florida is his perfect fit and he will miss out on it.

We will be ok. i have zero doubt in that. Tom Jurich is the best AD in the country bar none and its not even close to being debatable. After the details of his flirting with the Tennessee job last year just to get a raise came to light it didnt surprise me that Jurich has no interest in trying to meet Texas salary even though we could without blinking. Strong maxed out his current value with Jurich. Jurich will have the best possible replacement hired within 10 days and it will likely surprise everyone.

so just going to go with what i posted last night, still feel the same, im excited about the change, although i would have like to have kept strong around for one more year

Balphon

Evilore doesn't seem to put much stock in seniority. His criteria seems to mostly be a poster's intelligence, eloquence, rationality, and belief in NeoGAF's mission. If you've ever voiced displeasure with the site, you're out of the running. Trust me, I've been following mod recruiting for quite some time.

Rumors indicate that Harbaugh would accept GAF mod position if offered.

Draxal

so just going to go with what i posted last night, still feel the same, im excited about the change, although i would have like to have kept strong around for one more year

Hey I agree with you. I always thought his strongest asses was his ability to mine the South Florida counties and that is going to be completely wasted at Texas.

Top Bottom