• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

impirius

spurrier-exercise.gif

-NeoTB1-

Wisconsin Whitewater and Mount Union. Nobody can stop these two powerhouses.

I don't normally post here, but as you can see from my avatar I'm a fan of a D3 school. Wisconsin Whitewater beat my Cru by a point in the semis last week. They just have our number. 0-5 against them all-time. It's a tough pill to swallow, but to be the best you need to beat the best. Bring on next season!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
To further show that Alvin Kamara won't be back next year at Alabama, he (and Ed Dickson) are suspended for the Sugar Bowl.

andycapps

To further show that Alvin Kamara won't be back next year at Alabama, he (and Ed Dickson) are suspended for the Sugar Bowl.
Yeah Cecil Hurt said he's gone. Should have gone to UGA. But as it turns out, we've had enough troublemakers at that position so I'm glad he didn't come.

JCX

UCF will lose their defensive coordinator to Rhode Island it looks like. He did an ok job considering the unit was mostly freshmen.

I guess its a good problem to have of coordinators are getting nods to head coaching positions.

GOL will likely handle most of the defensive duties for the bowl game.

andycapps

UCF will lose their defensive coordinator to Rhode Island it looks like. He did an ok job considering the unit was mostly freshmen.

I guess its a good problem to have of coordinators are getting nods to head coaching positions.

GOL will likely handle most of the defensive duties for the bowl game.
Means your program is on the rise, but replacing them with new coaches and systems can be hit or miss.

Lonestar

Means your program is on the rise, but replacing them with new coaches and systems can be hit or miss.

oh, hey, finally managed to download Borderland 2. Haven't actually started it up, but it's there, if I ever manage to log in.

andycapps

oh, hey, finally managed to download Borderland 2. Haven't actually started it up, but it's there, if I ever manage to log in.
When you do there's a patch that'll take a few minutes to install. I'm a couple hours into the story, and it's really good. I'm out of town for a few days.

bachikarn

That's a big hell the fuck no. When he jogged out of the pocket he was terrible. He'd often slide five or six yards shy of the first down.

That's overly harsh. Leak was a drop-back passer, but he was still mobile and we used his athleticism on roll outs, etc. He was still able to do some of the zone-read stuff with Meyer. He wasn't John Brantley.

He slid because he knew if he was injured, we would have been fucked. I remember in 2010, Brantley tried to show his "toughness" and pick up a first down against Alabama when the game was already over. He cracked his ribs, and our offense went to completely shit after. Should have been smart like Leak and slid.

That's overly harsh. Leak was a drop-back passer, but he was still mobile and we used his athleticism on roll outs, etc. He was still able to do some of the zone-read stuff with Meyer. He wasn't John Brantley.

He slid because he knew if he was injured, we would have been fucked. I remember in 2010, Brantley tried to show his "toughness" and pick up a first down against Alabama when the game was already over. He cracked his ribs, and our offense went to completely shit after. Should have been smart like Leak and slid.

You're right, he wasn't Brantley. And he had football smarts. But I wasn't talking about Tebow'ing his way through a pile. I remember many times where we needed three yards and he would slide a yard or less short despite being able to get that extra yard. And when he did unplanned runs he would usually get flattened behind the line.

Lonestar

Brantley got destroyed on a Sack from Upshaw, and injured his knee, not from a scramble for forward progress

bachikarn

Brantley got destroyed on a Sack from Upshaw, and injured his knee, not from a scramble for forward progress

That was in 2011. In 2010, at Bama, he tried making a first down and got smashed by two Bama players. He never missed a game, but the injury definitely affected him for the rest of the season. Basically the reason why we went to the three QB monstrosity that season.

As far as Leak sliding, I don't remember it happening as you claim. He also has had several good runs in his career. shrug

Lonestar

That was in 2011. In 2010, at Bama, he tried making a first down and got smashed by two Bama players. He never missed a game, but the injury definitely affected him for the rest of the season. Basically the reason why we went to the three QB monstrosity that season.

As far as Leak sliding, I don't remember it happening as you claim. He also has had several good runs in his career. shrug

ah yeah, now I still don't remember that. Must have happened back in that 2010 year that never happened.

Yeah we've been losing coordinators and assistants for years. Drew Hughes, the person posted a little earlier, was at UCF first before NC State and now Florida.

O'Leary will take over coordinator duties. Good thing he is a defensive coach!

Managed to keep flight costs at $500. $311 to Phoenix and $189 back using American and US Air respectively.

My girlfriend works for Starwood and is able to get me the Aloft hotel for $50 each night.

Then as a university employee, I get a state contract leisure rate through Avis which a car should set me back only $50-60 for those two days.

I guessed I did OK given the circumstances.

Bowl season! Booooooooooowl Season!

Good luck and enjoy to everyone who has a team involved. No matter how shitty the game, I'll be watching as many as possible because this is the last bit of college football until August.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't even sleep in this morning! 10 years of no bowl games has made me way too excited for today! Go Cougs!!!!!!!!!!!

I still don't get the committee and executive search firm. That's how Alabama passed on Bowden.

This is college football, and dude's the AD. Find the right person and make the hire.

FUUUUUUUU

#OhioState co-OC Ed Warinner interviewed for the Army job yesterday, per source. Was Army assistant and coordinator from 1987-99

squicken

Steve Patterson was the Rockets GM right before they won their titles in 94 and 95. Besides Olajuwon already being there, he built those teams. But, just a few years previous, he accused Olajuwon of faking injuries to the point where Dream demanded a trade. No one knows if they ever tired, and it all went away when the team was sold and Patterson was out

So I'm just saying he managed to piss off one of the greatest NBA players ever with his petty BS, and it seems to be a career trend

edit: Seemed like that CSU coach was the one who was popping off

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Defense needs to tighten up. I hope Halliday continues to make that piece of shit CSU coach pay for his comments! Go Cougs!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I love Vince Mayle! So glad he was granted another year. Go Cougs!

bachikarn

USC shouldn't run the ball again.

Lot of people are saying, USC's interim coach will be our next OC, so Gata fans might want to pay attention to the game now.

Top Bottom