• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

cdyhybrid

Rivals is showing you guys with only 8 commits, 3 of which have been in the last 2 days? What the hell was the previous staff doing all year? I don't remember a big decommit exodus when Sark left, though of course I don't follow Washington recruiting all that closely.

We were expected to take a smaller class (15-17ish) if Sark had stayed, and I imagine they were going after a lot of guys who were going to wait until closer to signing day to commit.

We did have quite a few people drop us when Sark left (5ish? not sure - they weren't all committed but we were either leading or in the final 3-5 for a bunch of them), but we might be able to get back in on a few of them. I'm not expecting great things from this class, but so far it's already shaping up to be better than Sark's first class (since he stayed with USC until after the Rose Bowl) or Tyrone's first class (because Tyrone sucks).

If we can just stay afloat with this class, maybe get some projects that can develop for 2-3 years and then become contributors, I'd be satisfied. Class will probably be bigger now since we might see some transfers, though.

cdyhybrid

Well, the players sound like they'll be ready to play against BYU. The coaches leaving pissed them off and they're using it as something to bring the team together.

coachingsearch says Brent Pease will be joining our staff. Doesn't say what position. Also, Boise's DL coach is staying there, so that bodes well for us keeping Tosh.

andycapps

Shaq Fluker is transferring from UGA citing a lack of playing time. He took a redshirt this year after having some back spasms and seizures in the spring and couldn't win playing time. I've seen kids change their mind about this sort of thing before, but as of now he's transferring.

“@TomVH: No. 2 ranked WR George Campbell has decommitted from Michigan. He decommitted Friday, didn't want it out for awhile but that happens.”

Karakand

Ugh, I get those all the time.

Get to a fucking Rose Bowl and we'll talk.

Cyan, I feel like you should have realistic goals for your program to achieve. Goals like: win a conference game, be .500, or regularly lose by less than 30 points.

Welp, just booked a one way flight to Phoenix and bought bowl tickets.

I'm going to the Fiesta Bowl!

Completely irresponsible financial decision but fuck it. One way ticket lets me be a bit flexible on return flights, dates and prices.

Welp, just booked a one way flight to Phoenix and bought bowl tickets.

I'm going to the Fiesta Bowl!

Completely irresponsible financial decision but fuck it. One way ticket lets me be a bit flexible on return flights, dates and prices.

If you get the chance go to Sedona, what we did when we went out there. Place is amazing.

Limedust

Go noles!
& Some of the FSU fans posting here are either new of fairweather.
I saw you doubting before every game & it made no sense.
If you were OG you'd know they had this since Clemson.

Sprint-2.jpg

Finally!

Southernfried Pimpin: You need to re-purpose some of these so-called FSU fans and set them straight. I think Meier, Striker-Obi, LosDaddie, and Yaboosh could all benefit from your insight.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So we've resigned DJ Pettway, one of the four players thrown off the team for assaulting and robbing fellow students earlier this year.

From my understanding and recollections he only served as the "distraction" in the assaults and never physically assaulted another student, but this does not sit well with me. While I assume that the staff knows something about the incidents that we in the wider world do not, I am not a fan of this move. At all.

JCX

Penn State has no a/c in its dorm rooms lol

MSU only has a few dorms with AC, mostly because it would only be hot enough to be used for like 4 or 5 weeks out of the Fall/Spring semesters. Was miserable when I lived in a dorm during the summer though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So we've resigned DJ Pettway, one of the four players thrown off the team for assaulting and robbing fellow students earlier this year.

From my understanding and recollections he only served as the "distraction" in the assaults and never physically assaulted another student, but this does not sit well with me. While I assume that the staff knows something about the incidents that we in the wider world do not, I am not a fan of this move. At all.

People can say that decisions like that can be all about making sure the football team is as good as possible, but a decision like that can also help straighten the kid out and keeping him from going down an even darker path. Assuming the coaches get on him and help him.

mre

People can say that decisions like that can be all about making sure the football team is as good as possible, but a decision like that can also help straighten the kid out and keeping him from going down an even darker path. Assuming the coaches get on him and help him.
That's a fair point, but he had other D1 offers including, if I'm not mistaken, FSU, so it's not like this was his last shot for a life on the straight and narrow.

Ohio State junior QB Braxton Miller told reporters he thinks he is ready for the NFL.
We should note that Miller has not declared for the draft, but every one of his comments seem to point to that direction. At least initially. Miller added that staying and working under Urban Meyer for another season would improve his game. It appears as if Miller wants to enter, but is receiving advice suggesting otherwise.
Noooo!

jakncoke

Banned
McGloin is starting ahead of him.

Which says 2 things

1) Pryor is horrible like we all thought and will be either a bench captain for years or out of the league away from starting

2) Bill O'Brien did wonders on McFarves mechanics that he went from wouldnt start a UFL game to making a roster to playing ok at time in the NFL

mre

D.J. Pettway returning to Alabama after being dismissed from program following February arrest
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/12/dj_pettway_returning_to_alabam.html

We've got you covered.

cashman

Banned
Back to back to back to back to back NCAA Revenue Champs!

Please tell me that Mack Brown is one of the 8.

AUSTIN, Texas — University of Texas Men’s Athletics Director Steve Patterson has appointed an eight-member advisory committee and retained an executive recruiting firm to assist in the search and hiring of the school’s new head football coach.

The committee members are:

• Steve Hicks, vice chair of the Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, and owner and executive chairman of Capstar Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
• Robert Stillwell, member of the Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, retired partner at Baker Botts LLP and an original director of Mesa Petroleum Co.
• Michael Clement, accounting professor, McCombs School of Business at UT Austin, and faculty representative to the Men’s and Women’s Athletics Councils.
• Ricardo Hinojosa, United States federal judge for the Southern District of Texas, former member of the university’s Commission of 125.
• Charles Matthews, former vice president and general counsel of Exxon Mobil, current president of the Texas Exes.
• Robert Rowling, former member of the Board of Regents and owner and chairman of TRT Holdings Inc.
• Charles Tate, chairman of Capital Royalty, former member of the executive committee of the university’s Commission of 125.
• Pamela Willeford, former U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein and former chair of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.

Patterson also has hired Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry International, an executive recruiting firm, to help with the search.

Top Bottom