• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

0VjUfSr.jpg

aw yeah son

who's joining me ?

Aw yeah. Stiffened up and USC wins in dominating fashion.

I wonder how Sark feels watching a team go through three different head coaches in a season and still win more games than he ever did at Udub.

Also: Fresno State sets a bowl record for fewest rushing attempts with six. Previous record was 12.

Just leaving the Vegas bowl. The difference in size of the athletes on the lines was pretty significant to see in person. Carr was horrific. USC didn't really sack or beat him up but eh pressure got to him and took the heralded Fresno offense completely out of rhythm.

Still not a fan of Kessler but maybe Sark can work some magic with him next season.

cashman

Banned
So Fresno St is top five in something after all! Right on.

Thing is, putting points on early games can knock you out of the running early. But sometimes the early games are the most lopsided!

But it's usually two shitty teams that make a ton of mistakes playing against each other. It's way too unpredictable to put a ton of confidence in any team.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Saw some reports Bill O'Brien's reps approached Penn St about lowering his buyout.

Sounds like BoB may be bailing soon
How would that conversation even go? I mean, I can imagine the conversation about not having a buyout at all when you're negotiating the initial contract, but when you ask for them to lower your buyout and they respond with a "why?" what do you say?

How would that conversation even go? I mean, I can imagine the conversation about not having a buyout at all when you're negotiating the initial contract, but when you ask for them to lower your buyout and they respond with a "why?" what do you say?

I have no clue, but maybe they cut him slack for not letting PSU totally go to shit

Details:

Bill O'Brien's amended contract shows he reduced the price of an NFL buyout from $19.33 million last year to $6.48 million for this year.

mre

So does ESPN still have rights to the National Championship game next year? I think its bad for our sport for the championship game to be aired on cable.
No kidding. They could air it on ABC, but they keep wanting to show it on ESPN. And I think they have it for several more years.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Our most talented running back is suspended for a calender year for academic issues (cheating) and will miss the bowl game and next season.

On the plus side I heard one of A&M's better linebackers went full ag and got arrested for drug possession.

Dre3001

I am still trying to wrap the idea of how the playoff system will work next year for the fans in terms of traveling to the games.

So the idea is that fans will be traveling to a BCS site (Rose, Orange, Sugar, etc) and then if their team wins and moves on they will have to schedule another vacation to the next playoff game site. Is this correct?

Does the playoff committee really expect fans to be planning multiple expensive vacations in such a short time frame?

mre

I am still trying to wrap the idea of how the playoff system will work next year for the fans in terms of traveling to the games.

So the idea is that fans will be traveling to a BCS site (Rose, Orange, Sugar, etc) and then if their team wins and moves on they will have to schedule another vacation to the next playoff game site. Is this correct?

Does the playoff committee really expect fans to be planning multiple expensive vacations in such a short time frame?
Yes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Our most talented running back is suspended for a calender year for academic issues (cheating) and will miss the bowl game and next season.

On the plus side I heard one of A&M's better linebackers went full ag and got arrested for drug possession.

Sucks to hear.

Maybe you pro-playoff guys should have thought of that first.

yes, and any team with national championship ambitions should be able to sale 1 extra game. We took no less then 9,000 fans to every game on our way to the men's bball championship this year. Over 20,000 to our first and 2nd round games.

The current issue though is this:
1. a 4 team playoff is a joke, 8 is the perfect number and only adds 2 weeks/games before a championship.

2. the playoff games need to abandon the typical bowl locations and should instead be neutral site games based on each match ups geography. Say if Louisville was playing Ohio State we could play at Paul Brown, Florida vs Texas at the superdome ect. This would minimize travel cost for fans of both teams.

after the 8 team play off your left with 4 bowls.
1. the championship
2. rose, orange, sugar - picking from the 6 teams available that lost during the playoffs....sorry fiesta

KingGondo

Banned
And think about how cool that would be. You'd get to see all kinds of dream matchups. Oregon at Bama, FSU at Ohio State, and so on.

Plus, it gives the teams a nice financial and football reward for getting a top 2 seed by getting to host another home game.

If OSU makes the CFB playoff in the next few years, I can't imagine that I'll be able to afford to go to both games unless one is in Dallas.

yes, and any team with national championship ambitions should be able to sale 1 extra game. We took no less then 9,000 fans to every game on our way to the men's bball championship this year.

The current issue though is this:
1. a 4 team playoff is a joke, 8 id the perfect number and only adds 2 weeks/games before a championship.

2. the playoff games need to abandon the typical bowl locations and should instead be neutral site games based on each match ups geography. Say if Louisville was playing Ohio State we could play at Paul Brown, Florida vs Texas at the superdome ect. This would minimize travel cost for fans of both teams.

after the 8 team play off your left with 4 bowls.
1. the championship
2. rose, orange, sugar - picking from the 6 teams available that lost during the playoffs

I like your idea, but the QF round should be played at the higher seed's home. SF's played at a rotating former BCS bowl site, and the National Championship city is selected yearly by committee like the super bowl.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
If (when) the playoff system expands from just 4 teams I'll bet there would at least be serious consideration for the last two rounds set up as they are now with however many previous rounds there are set up at home stadiums.

Top Bottom