• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Im confused by this post considering your history with mid-majors.

There's a difference between recognizing a team that should be ranked and has potential, and being an all powerful computer with millions on the line claiming they were the second best team in the country.

I felt that before their loss, a rank around 15 was fair

jakncoke

Banned
There's a difference between recognizing a team that should be ranked and has potential, and being an all powerful computer with millions on the line claiming they were the second best team in the country.

I felt that before their loss, a rank around 15 was fair

Oh and here I thought you got on your knees for any mid major that gave you a wink. Guess there is more wining and dining to you!

Piggus

Cool tickets. After Mack Brown announced his retirement, the average ticket price went up $40 on the secondary market. Last year I got 4 for $60 each which I thought was way too high. Now you can't find one for less than $95.

We upset Oregon St. last year, but I don't think there's any way we upset Oregon. Case will try his best to send Mack out on a good note, but he just doesn't have the ability

I dunno, man. With the way we played after the Stanford game I don't want to make any predictions lol. I still have the bad taste of that fucking Arizona game in my mouth. Shit was embarrassing on so many levels. If we play like that then we're fucked. Hell, if we play like we did against the Beavers we still might be fucked. We should have won that game by 20 points but it seems like half the team (especially on defense) don't even care.

andycapps

I got to thinking about the discussions that we sometimes have in here about non-CFB things and how we could get rid of most of those to keep the thread cleaner, plus have better discussion. There's another community I'm a part of that has a Google Hangouts chat going between interested people. Would anyone be interested in that? If so, download Hangouts and PM me your gmail address.

Jhriad

I got to thinking about the discussions that we sometimes have in here about non-CFB things and how we could get rid of most of those to keep the thread cleaner, plus have better discussion. There's another community I'm a part of that has a Google Hangouts chat going between interested people. Would anyone be interested in that? If so, download Hangouts and PM me your gmail address.

The offseason thread would be dead without those off topic tangents.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That is true, I just didn't know how annoyed people get with video game talk in here. I'd rather play with CFB GAF than regular GAF is what I'm getting at.

Program is spiraling out of control!

I would too, but no one ever appears on, or they totally ignore you (pxleyes)

You'd think there would be enough of us in here, to have done an NCAA Football League or 2, but those never happened, and now they've gone and cancelled it. Thanks Obama.

Mark Richt is to blame for all the Google Riots in San Fran.

andycapps

Well let's just start this off then:

PSN username is in my profile. I have a PS4 with AC IV, Killzone, and COD Ghosts. And of course Resogun which is amazing. I have a PS3 as well, but I don't know how much I'll be playing that now that I have a PS4 and I'd have to disconnect everything. I need an HDMI switcher, probably. Also, if anybody is like me and wanted to pick up a decent headset for the PS4, I got the Turtle Beach PX 22 at Best Buy yesterday for $79.99. It's USB and has a really long cord with a mixer so you can adjust volume independently, and also an input for your cell phone so you can listen to podcasts or music while you game.

I have a 360, but XBL ran out like a year ago and haven't played it in forever.

Lonestar

Well let's just start this off then:

PSN username is in my profile. I have a PS4 with AC IV, Killzone, and COD Ghosts. And of course Resogun which is amazing. I have a PS3 as well, but I don't know how much I'll be playing that now that I have a PS4 and I'd have to disconnect everything. I need an HDMI switcher, probably. Also, if anybody is like me and wanted to pick up a decent headset for the PS4, I got the Turtle Beach PX 22 at Best Buy yesterday for $79.99. It's USB and has a really long cord with a mixer so you can adjust volume independently, and also an input for your cell phone so you can listen to podcasts or music while you game.

I have a 360, but XBL ran out like a year ago and haven't played it in forever.

I have AC4, a rarely played Killzone, Resogun, Lego Marvel, DC Online, and an unopened copy of BF4.

On PS3, I've got Borderlands 2 and Dragon's Dogma from the recent PSN+ games, and no room for Grid 2 (stupid old, Backwards Compatible PS3). Also have GTAV on it.

I too had an XBLive account, but I cancelled it back in November. I have a 360 that I haven't turned on in months.

I have way too many games on Steam, but I refuse on principle to start up DOTA2. If anyone mentions playing it, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill your computer.

My various usernames are on my profile (except wii, because who can remember a number, and I haven't used it in years, and lol it doesn't do multiplayer)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Hey, guys. Let's start a CFB-GAF DOTA2 league. Anyone up for it?

I'll have my PS4 sometime today. But I'm stuck at work trying to knock out CLE credits before the clock strikes midnight on 12/31 and I turn into a pumpkin.

You'd think there would be enough of us in here, to have done an NCAA Football League or 2, but those never happened, and now they've gone and cancelled it. Thanks Obama.

Cuz I rolled in the NCAA league and wrecked shit!

Lonestar

Hey, guys. Let's start a CFB-GAF DOTA2 league. Anyone up for it?

I'll have my PS4 sometime today. But I'm stuck at work trying to knock out CLE credits before the clock strikes midnight on 12/31 and I turn into a pumpkin.

This is just how it starts. It started as a simple co op game in the Madden League.

Now, it's the DOTA2: sponsored by Madden League.

For awhile, I was worried DOTA was going to kill Giant Bomb.

Be Warned, The End is Nearly Nigh.

andycapps

I have AC4, a rarely played Killzone, Resogun, Lego Marvel, DC Online, and an unopened copy of BF4.

On PS3, I've got Borderlands 2 and Dragon's Dogma from the recent PSN+ games, and no room for Grid 2 (stupid old, Backwards Compatible PS3). Also have GTAV on it.

I too had an XBLive account, but I cancelled it back in November. I have a 360 that I haven't turned on in months.

I have way too many games on Steam, but I refuse on principle to start up DOTA2. If anyone mentions playing it, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill your computer.

My various usernames are on my profile (except wii, because who can remember a number, and I haven't used it in years, and lol it doesn't do multiplayer)

Man, you got a lot of games. I thought I'd gotten a lot of games, but I also got the camera and a second controller that I'm not sure will ever be used.

Killzone is one of those games that only works well if you're in a party, preferably with a full team where everyone has their roles, mics, and works together. Some of the best multiplayer out there, or at least Killzone 2 was that. I've played Shadow Fall online maybe an hour so far.

I actively avoid DOTA or any other games that will dominate my time to where I'll only end up playing that one game all the time.

Lonestar

Madden/NCAA were pretty much the extent of my sports games. Every once in awhile, I'll buy a Hot Shots Golf game.

Hey, maybe we'll start up a Planetside 2 crew whenever that shows up on PS4 ;P

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm probably the odd ball here in that I love sports but hate sports games.
The NCAA series was the only one I ever played. I love them until I realize that the recruiting part of the game is more work than work.

jakncoke

Banned
There is no NCAA 15.

We'll all be play NCAA 13 and random years that we can find working copies of in 20 years ;_;

Also do you guys remember how in NCAA 99' when you played it would tell you what place your guys got drafted and you didnt even have to import your draft class into a Madden to find out. That was such a cool feature.

jakncoke

Banned
I half expect EA to close the servers to the games, even though it's not a server intensive game like FPS's and MMO's.

I fully expect, gotta look at that bottom line. Even if it'd cost them only 15k year(or some other number out of my ass because i dont know server cost) thats 15k dollars more for starbucks!

I play ncaa/madden/nba 2k, this year I picked up FIFA on black friday for $20 or something. Dont even liek soccer but that games pretty fun.

Lonestar

I fully expect, gotta look at that bottom line. Even if it'd cost them only 15k year(or some other number out of my ass because i dont know server cost) thats 15k dollars more for starbucks!

But will it just be cost savings or will it be to further avoid being swept up in the Lawsuit (which they may or may not be still stuck in anyway). Last I heard, they settled, and then the NCAA sued to force them back into the original lawsuit.

FIFA still doing that 11 on 11 (or however many are on a team)?

jakncoke

Banned
But will it just be cost savings or will it be to further avoid being swept up in the Lawsuit (which they may or may not be still stuck in anyway). Last I heard, they settled, and then the NCAA sued to force them back into the original lawsuit.

Im sure a little of both. Im really curious of server costs though, with Sony recent announcements and other 3rd party announcements. How much is it costing them to keep servers up for the remaining small crowd that wants to play that game ? I wonder if they close it down for space reasons. Either way its pretty annoying.

FIFA still doing that 11 on 11 (or however many are on a team)?

Yeah they still have it, I find it more fun to create a guy then just control the whole team instead of the 1 guy. But thats mainly because I dont understand positioning at all in soccer so I get tons of negative points for not being where im supposed to be

JCX

Mad that now everyone has a PS4 (I had a PS3 last gen while most seemed to have 360), there won't be a new NCAA. Hope some studio just makes a knockoff version somehow.

My PSN ID is JCX9 if anyone wants to add me. I have AC4, Lego Marvel, and planning on getting NFS soon.

Yeah they still have it, I find it more fun to create a guy then just control the whole team instead of the 1 guy. But thats mainly because I dont understand positioning at all in soccer so I get tons of negative points for not being where im supposed to be
Heh. There's a button to hold position that helps with that. The player ratings aren't really that accurate in any case.

FIFA Clubs (11 v 11) is a ton of fun with a bunch of friends. If any of you want to play on PS4, let me know. We have a good group of GAF people that play pretty regularly.

Heh. There's a button to hold position that helps with that. The player ratings aren't really that accurate in any case.

FIFA Clubs (11 v 11) is a ton of fun with a bunch of friends. If any of you want to play on PS4, let me know. We have a good group of GAF people that play pretty regularly.

Yeah but it takes away your energy faster, I just wish the feedback system of where to be on the field was better for newbies who dont watch soccer.

And the only way I can score is with cross pass headers.

Top Bottom