• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Jhriad

If I remember I'll add everyone on my PSN friends list later today. PS4/PS3/Vita w/ Killzone:SF, AC4, Battlefield 4 (unopened), & Resogun. If you want to add me my PSN ID is the same as my username here.

Only 4 people had Utah St.

I'm honestly surprised more people didn't choose Utah St. They seemed like a solid pick when I looked them over in comparison to NIU.

I'm visiting the folks for the holidays, as I'm sure many of you are as well.

Our embarrassment of a local newspaper ran this hilarious headline this morning:

kIVZqda.jpg

pxleyes

Banned
I would too, but no one ever appears on, or they totally ignore you (pxleyes)

You'd think there would be enough of us in here, to have done an NCAA Football League or 2, but those never happened, and now they've gone and cancelled it. Thanks Obama.

Mark Richt is to blame for all the Google Riots in San Fran.
Hard to ignore you when I haven't fire up my ps3 in weeks ;). I just got GTAV for XMas, so you will see me on a lot in the near future. Feel free to shoot me a message, invite, however that thing works.

All you guys should add me though. Trying to change my priorities and making gaming a part of my routine again.

andycapps

It's only been a few days but I already can't imagine going back to last gen on a PS3. Bioshock Infinite free on PS+ will test that for me.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It's only been a few days but I already can't imagine going back to last gen on a PS3. Bioshock Infinite free on PS+ will test that for me.

Too much of a back log on PS3 and not enough games yet on PS4 means my PS3 will still get some love.

cdyhybrid

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 9m
BREAKING #Oregon DC Nick Aliotti retiring. His last game w #Ducks will be Alamo Bowl, per source. http://cbsprt.co/1kMTBCC

PHEW. I was worried he was going to shank Helfrich in the locker room after the bowl game if they threw a pass in the 4th quarter.

Draxal

I'd invest in a decent PC, it still has the best exclusives out there, and the multiplats are the best there.

Kevtones

Damn, who is going to replace allowalotti?

Edit: Oh fuck I just realized that Clancy Pendergast will be available now that Wilcox is heading to USC.

GO GO GO

Balphon

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 9m
BREAKING #Oregon DC Nick Aliotti retiring. His last game w #Ducks will be Alamo Bowl, per source. http://cbsprt.co/1kMTBCC

PHEW. I was worried he was going to shank Helfrich in the locker room after the bowl game if they threw a pass in the 4th quarter.

He needed to retire, if only to save me from another season's worth of awful jokes from you guys.

andycapps

Too much of a back log on PS3 and not enough games yet on PS4 means my PS3 will still get some love.

I know that feel, but I'm really enjoying what's out now. Plus it's all nice and shiny and quick. And the DS4 is amazing.

I'd invest in a decent PC, it still has the best exclusives out there, and the multiplats are the best there.

I don't know that it has the best exclusives but graphics on multiplats will always be best there, that's for sure. It's just not something that I feel like doing, I've been there and done that. I have a laptop that I use for whatever I need a PC for. It's a lot harder sell for a $1000+ gaming PC than for a $399 PS4. Plus, Sony's exclusives are what keep me on the platform.

Kevtones

Jokes can only be as awful as the event they are based on.

2004 Eugene, OR Oregon 31–6
2005 Seattle, WA Oregon 45–21
2006 Eugene, OR Oregon 34–14
2007 Seattle, WA Oregon 55–34
2008 Eugene, OR Oregon 44–10
2009 Seattle, WA Oregon 43–19
2010 Eugene, OR Oregon 53–16
2011 Seattle, WA Oregon 34–17
2012 Eugene, OR Oregon 52–21
2013 Seattle, WA Oregon 45–24

The worst call of the bowl season just happened in the military bowl. Marshall's QB got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike for doing the first down motion after a 10 yard run. It was really halfhearted too not some flamboyant display

Just realized I didnt import my picks to them pickem....

This is what I get for doing them at 2am the day before the first game, drunk.

Oh well only got 2 right so far.

cdyhybrid

2004 Eugene, OR Oregon 31–6
2005 Seattle, WA Oregon 45–21
2006 Eugene, OR Oregon 34–14
2007 Seattle, WA Oregon 55–34
2008 Eugene, OR Oregon 44–10
2009 Seattle, WA Oregon 43–19
2010 Eugene, OR Oregon 53–16
2011 Seattle, WA Oregon 34–17
2012 Eugene, OR Oregon 52–21
2013 Seattle, WA Oregon 45–24

9vNwP7R.jpg

andycapps

The worst call of the bowl season just happened in the military bowl. Marshall's QB got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike for doing the first down motion after a 10 yard run. It was really halfhearted too not some flamboyant display

Can't be worse than AJ Green's phantom unsportsmanlike years ago.

Draxal

The bowl system is super retarded right now; from Darren Rovell.

Schools that sold out of its bowl tickets: Auburn, FSU, Vanderbilt, Michigan State,
Stanford, Rutgers, Notre Dame, Missouri, Texas, Alabama Oregon, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Bowling Green.

Schools by % of allotted tickets sold: Iowa 95%, Louisville 88%, Baylor 71%
Maryland 70%, Utah State 67%, Kansas St 55% Michigan 51%
LSU 50%, Ohio State 44%, Wisconsin 32% Minnesota 29%

The bowl system is super retarded right now; from Darren Rovell.

Schools that sold out of its bowl tickets: Auburn, FSU, Vanderbilt, Michigan State,
Stanford, Rutgers, Notre Dame, Missouri, Texas, Alabama Oregon, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Bowling Green.

Schools by % of allotted tickets sold: Iowa 95%, Louisville 88%, Baylor 71%
Maryland 70%, Utah State 67%, Kansas St 55% Michigan 51%
LSU 50%, Ohio State 44%, Wisconsin 32% Minnesota 29%

Syracuse has to be at like 3%

HAH

2 schools from the north? Make them play in Texas. They're seriously pushing those tickets hard to Houstonians. Would be surprised if Reliant even gets to 50% capacity for the bowl game.

Rutgers brought close to 18K to Houston for the Texas Bowl in 06.

Cuse just has no following outside of basketball

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I know that feel, but I'm really enjoying what's out now. Plus it's all nice and shiny and quick. And the DS4 is amazing.

I don't know that it has the best exclusives but graphics on multiplats will always be best there, that's for sure. It's just not something that I feel like doing, I've been there and done that. I have a laptop that I use for whatever I need a PC for. It's a lot harder sell for a $1000+ gaming PC than for a $399 PS4. Plus, Sony's exclusives are what keep me on the platform.

You can build perfectly fine gaming PCs for well under $1000 these days.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hard to ignore you when I haven't fire up my ps3 in weeks ;). I just got GTAV for XMas, so you will see me on a lot in the near future. Feel free to shoot me a message, invite, however that thing works.

All you guys should add me though. Trying to change my priorities and making gaming a part of my routine again.

Sent a message yesterday, asking if you had just gotten GTAV, which you've answered here.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It is cute when the northwest fights over who is more relevant in college football, while the rest of the country forgets they exist again.

This isn't a school thing, it is a region thing. Florida baby!

As for Texas, we have to divide our top recruits among 12 FBS schools + numerous out of state schools. And most rosters on Texas teams have mostly Texas players. ( I think UT has > 95% of their players from Texas ). So it's hard to judge how good of a football state we really are when our talent pool is diluted. I'm sure Florida and many other states experience similar issues.

My alma mater on the verge.

The so called flagship University of your state got shut out against Maryland. Marshall is the real football school in West Virginia confirmed.

Crap this is the third bowl game in a row i've wrongly predicted

Thanks, Knight-bros.

A good season. Marshall is only losing 5 players next year, so yeah. Things should only get better. (C-USA will be easy-street, lol)

Top Bottom