• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Da U has a significant edge in the cheerleader phase of the game.
Yes I noticed this.

And god the Citrus Bowl is such a dump. Can't believe the city is going to try to cling to it and renovate it.

Got it right with building a MLS stadium but wrong for not just tearing this monstrosity down and starting over.

So I'm at bdubs with friends to watch the UFC fight. Buddy asked them to turn the fight on the big screen in front of us.

Manager came over and said they have to use it for the bw3 bowl. Loooool. There's gonna be chaos here soon if they don't switch it

KingGondo

Banned
How fucking dumb is the phrase "that's a NFL throw"
It's about as stupid as any phrase using the phrase "NFL" or "National Football League" as a signifier for mastery of the sport of football.

NFL analysts are in love with the myth of their sport as modern gladiatorial combat, or as the last bastion of true masculinity.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I'm at bdubs with friends to watch the UFC fight. Buddy asked them to turn the fight on the big screen in front of us.

Manager came over and said they have to use it for the bw3 bowl. Loooool. There's gonna be chaos here soon if they don't switch it

If they don't show the bowl on the big screen, how will anybody ever learn about BW3 and want to go there, perhaps to watch a fight?

Nobody actually thought Teddy would stay did they?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So apparently Jesse Palmer saved Chris Fowlers life today by giving him the heimlich maneuver when Fowler was choking on a chicken sandwich.

I'm glad it was us that ruined heisman, championship and BCS. I think with the drama over the last few years, it was fitting.

:D

AAC AAC AAC

drama? you must mean the drama of lack of institutional control, the hiring of runners to get our football and basketball recruits to come there, the drama of a head coach not being fired after determining he was responsible for the death of a player, the same coach who was fired from Notre Dame for saying he was a letterman for a college team he never played a game for and earned a degree from a school that doesnt even exist

because over here in Louisville the only thing the last few years have meant were a BCS win, a men's national championship, a women's final four, and more top 25 teams across the department then any other team in the NCAA. Not to mention one of the richest athletic departments in the country that only gets richer by moving to the ACC and removing the deadweight of the shit fest that is the AAC.

But as one last gesture of generosity enjoy the buyout money (best return on investment possible) and our share of the NCAA final four revenue from last year and the championship run from this year, which collectively is more then the entire league's tv contract for both years.

the only teams i feel bad about as the rest of the college sports world watches the AAC sink and sink and sink are UConn and Cincy. But I think both will be landing elsewhere soon anyway.

So we can all agree this bowl season has been one of the worst in recent memory, correct?

I think there are just too many bowls, cut 10 of them out when we go to an 8 team playoff

drama? you must mean the drama of lack of institutional control, the hiring of runners to get our football and basketball recruits to come there, the drama of a head coach not being fired after determining he was responsible for the death of a player, the same coach who was fired from Notre Dame for saying he was a letterman for a college team he never played a game for and earned a degree from a school that doesnt even exist

because over here in Louisville the only thing the last few years have meant were a BCS win, a men's national championship, a women's final four, and more top 25 teams across the department then any other team in the NCAA. Not to mention one of the richest athletic departments in the country that only gets richer by moving to the ACC and removing the deadweight of the shit fest that is the AAC.

But as one last gesture of generosity enjoy the buyout money (best return on investment possible) and our share of the NCAA final four revenue from last year and the championship run from this year, which collectively is more then the entire league's tv contract for both years.

the only teams i feel bad about as the rest of the college sports world watches the AAC sink and sink and sink are UConn and Cincy. But I think both will be landing elsewhere soon anyway.

I think there are just too many bowls, cut 10 of them out when we go to an 8 team playoff
:jnc

The same shitty AAC UL couldn't hack! We'll bide our time. We're a young program playing FBS less than 20 years. Pretty happy with what we have done so far. We have built a solid foundation. Humble, unlike the UKesque UL fans of late.

As for the NCAA situation, yes such strong violations the bowl ban was thrown out. UL got pissy with recruits leaving the area and got some UL knobslobbing reporters to stir the pot. Don't even act like similar and worse things go on in recruiting. Sucks we were involved but as you can see, it had little actual effect on anything.

And as for UConn, they fucking suck. They deserve nothing football related. Cinci fucked themselves sitting on an old ass 30k football facility when they should have been upgrading a long time ago.

Oh well fuck it. I'll gorge myself on salsa and mass produced tortilla chips next week in Arizona.

COME AT ME BRAH

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I hope Florida State can muster enough gumption to beat Auburn, because their 2nd best win took a beating today.

Top Bottom